DAN CEO Simon Ryan will join Zenith CEO Nickie Scriven, Angela Mellak - co-founder of the Digital Women's Network and M&C Saatchi Melbourne managing director Andy Cairns at a special session dedicated to diversity in our industry.
Speaking at the at AdNews Media + Marketing Summit in Melbourne on 25 July, the panel, entitled ‘Beyond Me Too’, which is inspired by the movement’s shifting of the discourse around healthy workplaces, will be moderated by MediaMath’s Emil Mathias.
McKinsey research from 2015 showed that companies in the top quartile for gender diversity were 15% more likely to gain financial returns that were above their national industry median, and the companies in the top quartile for racial/ethnic diversity were 35% more likely to have financial returns above their national industry median.
The panel has been asked to get to grips with these questions: why does a diverse workforce make good business sense?; why is diversity important in the workplace?; how does diversity at work make for a more productive business? And is it now necessary for the advertising industry to reflect the diversity of Australia’s population in order to succeed.
Taking place at Southbank's The Arts Centre, other hot topics include a look at the promise of TV addressability, how AI is on the brink of revolutionising media, while we also dig into how to make the marriage between client and agency really work – with Clemenger Melbourne and NAB.
Here's a quick name drop of some of the fine minds you can expect to see and hear from on the day:
- World Vision CMO Terera Sperti
- NAB general manager of brand experience, Michael Nearhos
- Chief executive officer of Diversity Partners, a specialist consultancy that helps companies to achieve diversity progress and create more inclusive and high performing work environments, Dr Katie Spearritt
- MCN chief sales and marketing officer Mark Frain
- Clemenger creative chairman James McGrath
- Seven Network head of programmatic sales and audiences Luke Smith
- Clemenger Melbourne deputy CEO Gayle While
- Nine Entertainment Co chief sales officer, Michael Stephenson
- Deloitte Digital’s Plus director Simon Stefanoff
- ThinkTV CEO Kim Portrate
- Havas Melbourne group managing director Matt Houltham
- Women’s Digital Network co-founder Angela Mellak
- Zenith CEO Nickie Scriven
- MediaMath commercial director Emil Mathias
- Tribe founder Jules Lund and many, many more from the likes of ARN, Amobee,NewsMediaWorks, Bauer, Tonic Health Media.
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at email@example.com