More Aussie brands join YouTube boycott as advertisers demand discounts 9 hours ago
Bunnings, Foxtel, Caltex and Nestle join a growing list of companies in Australia to boycott YouTube. GroupM's chief digital officer Rob Norman says advertisers are demanding reduced rates for premium inventory amid concerns about brand safety.
JWT New York builds amphibious prosthetic leg
See how a veteran and a 3D printer helped JWT reimagine the possibilities of prosthetics for US client, Northwell Health.
Woolworths isn't letting AFL fans go hungry this season
Woolworths is bringing the goods this AFL season.
Chandon marks start of F1 season with film
Miniature cars race through vineyards to celebrate the start of the F1 season.
Dead to the world of market forces
This is not a debate about the veracity of the death of TV advertising and the importance of social media, says The Works' Douglas Nicol, instead it's much more fundamental discussion about market forces and how they change the consumer journey.
Centroids: A mobile hangover from a simpler time
As an industry, we need to ‘lift the hood’. And to begin with, the market needs to get to grips with ‘centroids’ and how they affect campaigns – for good and bad.
Suburbanisation of the mind
Ogilvy's Michael Ford takes AdNews behind-the-scenes of SXSW.
News Bulletin: Spotify expands programmatic 1 hour ago
In news today: Spotify expands programmatic offering with acquisition.
Twitter’s top 10 Australian Periscope broadcasts 1 hour ago
As Periscope celebrates its second birthday, AdNews takes a look at the top 10 broadcasts through Twitter, including the AdNews Agency of the Year awards.
Valuation tool coming to Australia finds sports sponsorship massively undervalued 15 hours ago
A new valuation tool that measures how many times a brand's logo appears on live sport and in social media has found sponsors are getting 100% to 500% more ROI than previously thought. The GumGum Sports tool could shake-up sponsorship negotiations.
Like it, share it.... but will they buy it? Sponsored
When it comes to engaging people on behalf of brands, there’s very little difference between how publishers and individual influencers operate, writes Domain's Katie Harper.
CommBank is releasing ATM data in a nationwide OOH campaign 21 hours ago
CommBank's latest ads show how customers feel about the future.
IAB boss says programmatic value 'misunderstood' and backs transparency calls 21 hours ago
The Interactive Advertising Bureau CEO Vijay Solanki says the programmatic value chain is misunderstood and accepts the industry needs to do more to educate marketers. He backs calls for more transparency in media buying.
Unilever ads cleared of inappropriate 'sexualised' advertising 21 hours ago
Unilever has riled up the pearl clutchers with ads promoting Lynx deodorant, Magnum and Streets ice creams.
Tackling Transparency: AdNews is launching a transparency conference 21 hours ago
Transparency is the most pressing issue facing marketers today. This new half-day conference will help marketers, their agency partners and media owners better understand and tackle the issue. Save the date: 27 June 2017.
Queensland tourism body in brand safety breach; Holden, Kia suspend YouTube advertising 22 hours ago
Australian brands are starting to halt advertising on YouTube amid brand safety concerns that have also impacted a state tourism body.
In other news...
- Ten's F1 Australian Grand Prix race coverage pulls 963,000 viewers 22 hours ago
- Five Minutes With: Mark Patterson 23 hours ago
- Brand safety scares should spark a flight to quality, premium content yesterday
- News Bulletin: Twitter moots subscriptions; Virgin America brand gone; TPG Capital eyes Domain yesterday
- Why data-driven TV will sink old ad buying habits yesterday
- The modern creative leader: Q&A with McCann’s Pat Baron yesterday
- Heineken begins F1 sponsorship with largest Australian activation 3 days ago
- Investigation: Cultural whitewash 3 days ago
- Industry Profile: Emotive CEO and founder, Simon Joyce 3 days ago
- Seven reports higher AFL sponsorship and ad revenue 3 days ago
- Carlton United Breweries part of AB InBev's global media review 3 days ago
- Media agencies: 'Accenture's programmatic play boils down to talent' 3 days ago
- Pedestrian TV expands into Perth and Adelaide 3 days ago
- Icons reflect on 30 years of great Australian advertising 3 days ago
- A step back in time - 30 years of great advertising 3 days ago
- Coke axes global CMO role 4 days ago
- News Bulletin: Airbnb CEO hits out at Cannes; Durex making jeans? 4 days ago
- Movers and Shakers: Pandora, Unilever, Zenith 4 days ago
- The 30-second TV spot isn’t dead, it just shouldn’t be a priority 4 days ago
- Young Guns: Mindshare business executive, Christine Theophanous 4 days ago
- IAB joins online advertising research coalition to improve ad standards 4 days ago
- News Bulletin: Advertising Week comes to Aus; OMD's charity launch 4 days ago
- AT&T, Verizon and GSK join YouTube, Google display boycott 4 days ago
- Telstra, HCF and IAG top marketers join Media + Marketing Summit speakers 4 days ago
- Advertisers are missing the mark with mums, says Nine 5 days ago
- Adobe CMO calls out Ryan Gosling over false tweets as the star plugs rival Apple product 5 days ago