Bots, bitcoin and slaves to the algorithm - ad tech predictions for 2018 32 minutes ago
From Accenture, Google, Forrester, Grapeshot, Pacific Magazines and Gumtree, to Amobee, Amnet, Publicis Media, Sizmek, Nine, Rubicon, MCN, Adobe and even a couple of ad tech startups such as Publift, check out the AdNews 2018 ad tech predictions.
New campaign highlights the abuse of retail workers
If you've ever worked in retail, this campaign will hit home for you.
Finder backs BBL, launches $15m ad campaign
The $15 million “Find Better” ad features new-style creative and celebrates the endless pursuit of 'finding better'.
PHD and R/GA launches data-led outdoor campaign for Google
Google asks 'How many quokka selfies is too many?' in a new outdoor campaign hitting Australia.
Murdoch, the seller?!
"For the first time in his life Rupert is selling rather than buying. Given leopards rarely change their spots, it’s interesting to speculate as to why this may be," says Speed CEO Ian Perrin.
Smart cities, new trading models and automation - out of home predictions 2018
Posterscope managing director Bryan Magee predicts that OOH is set to become a billion dollar channel in 2018. He hones in on the trends, technology and market factors predicted for Australia in 2018.
You don’t have to be a CEO to bring positive change
In an industry where change is constant, it creates a culture that favours the new over old. New technology, new formats, new talent; it’s a cultural shift that’s making us lose sight of the importance of people, says TBWA's Nat Rempalski.
Industry Profile: Yahoo7 national director data and platforms, Ben Green 1 hour ago
He's into conspiracy theories and connected TV and while he didn’t get into law, he loves adland as it’s the "perfect marriage of creativity and my inner nerd". Meet our latest Industry Profile.
OPSM moves from Marcel to VCCP 2 days ago
OPSM has moved from Marcel to VCCP as part of a global alignment of its creative roster from owner, Luxottica.
CommBank seeks new marketing boss as Shortt exits 2 days ago
CommBank's most senior marketing role is now vacant as Vittoria Shortt takes on the CEO role at New Zealand bank ASB.
News Bulletin: Hamish & Andy stay with SCA – for podcasts, Profero boss exits 2 days ago
In news: SCA keeps Hamish and Andy on the books, MullenLowe Profero global CEO exits.
The digital media black hole: A look at ad spend and bookings through Google and Facebook 2 days ago
Analysis: Ad industry forecasts suggests Facebook and Google hoover up more than 80% of digital media spend in Australia, but the numbers don't seem to add up with what the pair claim in ad sales.
Seven taps into video 'explosion'; inks 'significant' Optus sports deal 2 days ago
Broadcast TV network Seven has inked a significant deal with Optus which sees the telco's customers given data free access to some of Sevens premium sports events.
Murdoch sells 21st Century Fox to Disney in major media merger 2 days ago
In what is one of the largest media industry M&As of 2017, Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox for US$52 billion.
The AdNews top 10 global ads of 2017 2 days ago
The global ads we’ve picked this year range from the romantic to the bizarre and everything in between. There's no rhyme or reason to any of it – we just fell in love with these ads.
Movers & Shakers: Ten, Clemenger, Stan, Wavemaker 2 days ago
As the end of the year quickly approaches, the staff shake-ups across the industry aren't slowing down. See the biggest moves this week, from Sunita Gloster's surprise exit to Nick Garrett's new gig.
In other news...
- Young Guns: ARN network activation manager Alana Meadows 3 days ago
- RhythmOne APAC MD Adam Furness to exit 3 days ago
- Nine poaches Initiative Perth boss Clive Bingwa 3 days ago
- Industry Profile: Clemenger Sydney head of integrated production Denise McKeon 3 days ago
- Sunita Gloster to leave Ten; Annabelle Herd promoted to COO 3 days ago
- Clemenger promotes Nick Garrett to joint Sydney and Melbourne CEO 3 days ago
- City of Sydney outdoor tender eyes smart street furniture and free Wi-Fi 3 days ago
- Myspace marketer's programmatic ad firm lists on ASX 3 days ago
- Brent Smart on making his first ad as a CMO 3 days ago
- Why content you can’t Google is shaping Pause 2018 3 days ago
- Influencer company Nuffnang withdraws from Australia 3 days ago
- News Bulletin: Ten creates COO role, YouGov buys Galaxy 3 days ago
- Di Richardson returns from IPG US for top OMD Melbourne job 3 days ago
- Fairfax, News Corp and Nine join forces to fight digital duopoly 3 days ago
- Christmas ads 2017 round-up: Watch the festive best from around the world 4 days ago
- AdNews Podcast Live Edition: The Monkeys and MLA talk diversity 4 days ago
- 'Addressability, Amazon and voice assistants' - media predictions for 2018 4 days ago
- Half of marketers are just ‘making it up’ claims Marketo 4 days ago
- The AdNews top 10 Australian ads of 2017 4 days ago
- Zenith: Digital 'brand experience' catches up with ad spend 4 days ago
- Guardian Australia hunts MD as CEO Ian McClelland returns to UK 4 days ago
- The wheels are off as Coke’s festive truck slammed again 5 days ago
- Matt Rowley rids Fairfax of agency team structure, brings in specialists 5 days ago
- Danny Bass on a new upfronts era, taps into zero-based budgeting 5 days ago
- Industry Profile: AppNexus account director Erica Blakslee 5 days ago
- Campbell Arnott's pitches media and creative 5 days ago