Will Telstra's brave marketing push trump its network woes? 20 hours ago
Telstra unveiled a major brand shake–up last week but with ongoing service outages across its network, there are questions over whether it will repair its reputational damage.
BWM Dentsu rallies support for the Wallabies
BWM Dentsu and Robber's Dog have launched a new campaign for the Qantas Wallabies that captures the bond between the Australian people and the team.
McDonald’s Olympic push celebrates the non-Olympians
McDonald's is for Aussie legends - whether they are Olympian or not.
Optus launches national VR campaign with Troye Sivan
Entertainment marketing agency Bring is helping Optus give Troye Sivan fans an up close and personal VR experience.
The pressure on TV is bringing out the best in all of us
Carat Melbourne’s head of investment, Paul Wilkinson, points out the silver lining of FTA TV’s toughest times, believing it to be a huge driver of innovation and ingenuity across the entire industry.
Feedback’s gone crazy
"A brand's quest for customer feedback should not turn into customer harassment."
Living below the attention poverty line
"How many brands are prepared for the impact this lack of attention will have on their brand health measures?"
Age is the new diversity problem in advertising 13 hours ago
"The over 50 demographic is pissed off at patronising advertising - they may not be playing Pokémon Go but they aren’t buying adult diapers."
Gumtree unlocks first party data – launches programmatic marketplace 18 hours ago
Gumtree has ramped up its advertising offering by launching a new "programmatic-first" marketplace, known as Gumtree Media. Aims to woo brands with exposure to 7.1 million visitors per month.
Havas 'wakes up to the beast' – launches sports unit 17 hours ago
"It's just now that the advertising industry is going back to the world of IP rights holders – we're waking up to the beast that is the world of partnerships.”
Twitter stock tumbles, do advertisers want what it's selling? 16 hours ago
Twitter's second quarter results showed stagnant user numbers and slower than expected revenue growth. Founder Jack Dorsey admitted a downturn in advertiser interest.
MasterChef cracks ratings with egg finale 17 hours ago
MasterChef whisks up biggest entertainment audience of 2016, however the numbers are down on the 2015 finale.
Industry Profile: SaleCycle APAC chief revenue officer, Chris Brinkworth 20 hours ago
Did you know SaleCycle's Chris Brinkworth was once a Cleo Bachelor?
HCF marketer makes moves to leverage Pokémon Go craze yesterday
Do Pokémon need health checks? Aussie health insurance brand HCF thinks so as it confesses to reaching out to Pokémon to try and leverage the app.
Vodafone appoints GroupM to create Team Red unit yesterday
GroupM will create the dedicated Team Red unit in Australia to bring the brand in line with the rest of the global business.
Ikon sues client for non-payment amid counter claims of 'dishonest conduct' 2 days ago
Media transparency could be flaring up again as Ikon is accused of 'misleading and dishonest' conduct by a client it is suing for nearly $1m of unpaid fees. Suggestions of rebates, kickbacks and more.
In other news...
- Who is the most powerful person in Australian media and marketing? last week
- News Bulletin: Ooh!Media makes new acquisition 10 hours ago
- Coke taps Michelle Jenneke for local Olympics push yesterday
- News Bulletin: UberEATS launches in Sydney, McCann expands into PR yesterday
- The Economist to grow experiential marketing in Australia yesterday
- Guvera CEO steps down yesterday
- Verizon acquires Yahoo; 'options' for local JV yesterday
- Bauer’s biggest data play disguised as rewards program yesterday
- Seven names Olympic ad partners, boosts reach with Twitter Amplify 2 days ago
- Twitter's new marketing push takes flight 2 days ago
- M&C Saatchi brings PR into the fold, rebrands Bang PR 2 days ago
- Fairfax boosts data offering through TEG partnership 2 days ago
- Media Wrap: Sorrell slams digital giant and Ooh!Media launches sound tech for OOH 2 days ago
- New David Jones ad shot solely on an iPhone 2 days ago
- GroupM eases off YouTube relationship 2 days ago
- Nestle uses influencers to amplify TV presence 2 days ago
- Pokémon Go: Game of the future or fad? 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: Leos, M2M, Ad tech, Giphy, VCCP 2 days ago
- Photo Gallery: Media Thursdays' DJ bash 5 days ago
- GroupM and Dentsu battle for $10m Ikea account underway 5 days ago
- AAMI pushes into Snapchat but still hails TV king 5 days ago
- Havas posts profit growth, IPG beats expectations 5 days ago
- JWT Sydney promotes Jenny Willits, wins Nikon 5 days ago
- News Bulletin: ADMA line-up; P&G UK in agency talks over £210m media 5 days ago
- AdNews in Print: Pokémon Go is everywhere 5 days ago
- Movers and Shakers: Omnicom shake up, Lee Leggett's exit 5 days ago