Stokes, Grove rise as other media magnates fall in rich list 10 hours ago
Kerry Stokes and Patrick Groves have climbed up the ranks of Australia's elite but other media and marketing identities have fallen.
Still hate Tony Abbott? There's a cider for that
Meet the “activist cider” from Fog City.
KFC reflects on heritage in latest spot
KFC has shifted its focus from satire to ads that tell the story of its history in its latest campaign by Ogilvy Sydney.
Apple calls for Android users to switch to iPhone
Apple has begun an anti-Android campaign to get iPhone users to switch.
Hey Australia, where’s the effectiveness?
The Global Effies Index has just been published and Australia is nowhere to be seen. What's up with that, asks Rosie Baker.
Time to let consumers be the voice of brands
Traditional advertising does not work and consumers are now inherently sceptical and don’t like the hard sell, says Hausmann Group head of social and content Amaury Tréguer.
How bitcoin is set to disrupt digital marketing (and why you should care)
As the world’s first cryptocurrency, bitcoin is making waves in the Australian digital payments industry. If it’s not already on your radar, then frankly it should be, says Finder CEO and co-founder Fred Schebesta.
CommsCouncil to lobby govt over 'alarming' 457 visa change 6 hours ago
The proposed 457 visa change will have alarming and significant impact on the creative and advertising industry's ability too compete internationally, says Communications Council CEO Tony Hale.
Industry Profile: RadiumOne marketing director Jodie Koning 8 hours ago
She named the airline “Virgin Blue” prior to the launch back in 2000, however was unfortunately never awarded the promo prize. Her poison is dark chocolate.
The Monkeys lands Canadian Club creative account 9 hours ago
The Monkeys has picked up the creative for Canadian Club Whiskey.
303 MullenLowe repositions media offering with global merger 10 hours ago
303 MullenLowe has strengthened its media offering with a global merger that sees it pick up the media buying duties for Netflix and Western Union.
Media industry footballers prepare for UnLtd Cup 10 hours ago
This year's tournament has attracted 16 teams and raised $45,000 for KidsXpress.
News Bulletin: Fairfax, NZME appeal merger rejection; Facebook original content? 10 hours ago
See what's happening in media, marketing and advertising today.
How Aussie brands are tackling marriage equality 10 hours ago
Big Australian brands are taking steps to address marriage equality in the country. While the government is yet to make a decision, brands are lobbying for change with or without the support of parliament.
Crack a can and score an internship at CHE Proximity 12 hours ago
Love beer and want to get into the creative industry? CHE Proximity has the internship (and the drop) for you.
Movers and Shakers: Spotify, Samsung, Google, Twitter 14 hours ago
It's hard to keep up with all the moves across media, marketing and advertising so we've compiled them all in one place. Check out the Movers and Shakers from this week.
In other news...
- Unlockd scoops $23m; Asian telco group backs venture yesterday
- Does artificial intelligence threaten the value of creativity? yesterday
- Ben & Jerry's says no same flavours until same sex marriage yesterday
- Young Guns: PacMags innovation lead Joanne Jenkinson yesterday
- Samsung CMO exits yesterday
- 'Inappropriate' Sydney Trains ad contract slammed by NSW opposition yesterday
- Eric Bana touts radio as marketing gold yesterday
- BMW media pitch shortlist down to four yesterday
- CHE Proximity launches artificial intelligence division yesterday
- Twitter's Karen Stocks reappears at Google yesterday
- News Bulletin: Initiative hires brand and content lead yesterday
- Transparency series: Marketers’ knowledge and media owners' role yesterday
- Meet the Team: Havas Village two years on 2 days ago
- Havas launches 'fully transparent programmatic control tower' 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: Pepsi integrates Snapchat on bottles; Allianz sponsors Vivid 2 days ago
- The forecast looks bright for 72andSunny 2 days ago
- Y&R Brisbane hires Maxus Malaysia boss Glynn Honey 2 days ago
- Google says 'goodbye last click' with cross-channel attribution tools 2 days ago
- Transparency series: How to improve programmatic 2 days ago
- Industry Profile: Ooyala APAC general manager Steve Davis 3 days ago
- Five Minutes With: JWT global creative Matt Eastwood 3 days ago
- Caltex moves creative to Saatchi & Saatchi 3 days ago
- Nine’s punt on couples in chaos fails, The Last Resort pulled from 7.30pm slot 3 days ago
- Vegemite hijacks Qantas to spread its message 3 days ago
- GroupM brand safety boss calls out Facebook and Google over third party verification excuses 3 days ago
- Transparency series: How to improve supplier contracts 3 days ago