Accenture Interactive launches ad buying division, promises '100% transparency' 14 hours ago
Accenture MD Michael Buckley tells AdNews the model will eradicate transparency issues in programmatic buying. They'll be no commission fees and it'll take no margin. Instead, it will charge an hourly consulting fee.
Kleenheat launches next instalment of ‘less talk more energy’ campaign
The latest instalment of the campaign challenges the traditional notion of what a gas company is like.
MMB demonstrates the impacts of ALS in latest campaign
Throughout May, as part of ALS Awareness Month, the campaign highlights what life is like having ALS, focusing on the lives of three families.
Forty Winks gets serious about sleep to promote brand positioning
Forty Winks is encouraging Australians to wake up to the importance of sleep.
In defence of the agency/client lunch
Building true agency-client partnerships involves immersing yourself in the business and yes, sometimes that means going on a jolly but that’s not actually a bad thing says Spinach’s Penny Flanders.
How Facebook Stories will impact media planning
Facebook’s reveal that Stories will overtake content shared to news feeds is worth paying attention to as, if nothing else, it shows a fundamental change in user behaviour and has implications for media planning and measurement, Mercerbell's Gary Andrew says.
Watch out media companies, brands are here to play
Today’s brands already have the ability to capture an audience and build a culture that resonates around it - the ingredients are there. It’s critical we make something out of them, says Brightcove's Hamish Brown.
Media agency leaders: 'Accenture can't be auditor and media buyer' 8 hours ago
One holding group leader says that Accenture's move into media buying meant that its media audits are now meaningless and others have raised questions about a conflict of interest.
Optus slashes 200 jobs as it reveals plans to shutter Virgin Mobile 8 hours ago
Optus has announced plans to phase out its Virgin Mobile brand in the same week that it was fined $1.5 million for misleading customers during the NBN transition.
Marvel secures Melbourne stadium sponsorship deal 9 hours ago
Melbourne Stadiums Limited and Walt Disney Australia have entered into a new eight-year deal that will see the Docklands Stadium named Marvel Stadium.
Young Guns: Exponential sales manager Jesse Hunter 9 hours ago
Jesse has opened for some of the biggest names in the DJing world and managed to score his first media gig by doing a Skype interview while working on a farm in NZ.
Industry reaction: Accenture's programmatic ad buying is major 'conflict of interest' 11 hours ago
Some of adland's leading thinkers – Peter Horgan, Mark Ritson, Darren Woolley, Virginia Hyland and others – respond to news that a global consultancy will offer media buying services for the first time.
Gruen: Wil Anderson blasts Bauer as 'divorced from reality' 13 hours ago
Last night's episode of Gruen examined the impact technology was having on the gossip magazine category, as well as breaking down the reasons behind their "misleading" headlines.
Navigating an Amazon future Sponsored
Last week Integer, one of only nine international Amazon Trusted Creative Partners, hosted a seminar that gathered international experts and Amazon representatives to discuss how brands can Navigate an Amazon Future
IAB Australia appoints News Corp's Cameron King as chair 14 hours ago
Cameron King will serve as chair until News Corp’s board chair tenure ends in September 2018. REA's Libby Minogue has also been appointed to the newly created role of deputy chair.
APN Outdoor reveals Young Lions winners 15 hours ago
Execs from Bohemia, Loud Communicationsm, Eardrum and CommBank have been named the winners of the Australian Young Lions competition, held by APN Outdoor last night in Sydney.
In other news...
- Nova looks to reach the next level with new esports deal yesterday
- How Vice has stayed relevant for 15 years yesterday
- Get Up! founder warns banks: 'You can't market your way out of this problem' yesterday
- News Bulletin: 303 MullenLowe confirms McCreadie as ECD; JWT wins NSW Rural Fire Service yesterday
- MasterChef takes out top ratings spot for second night yesterday
- Alinta Energy signs four-year deal as Cricket Australia sponsor yesterday
- 'Caucasian Island' - Love Island called out for lack of diversity yesterday
- MD of Noisy Beast joins Stratosphere as CEO 2 days ago
- TBWA wins Pepsi beverages from Clemenger 2 days ago
- Industry Profile: AppNexus VP of diversity, inclusion and community experience Antoinette Hamilton 2 days ago
- Melbourne calling: Full program unveiled for AdNews Media + Marketing Summit 2 days ago
- Amex to launch global media review 2 days ago
- News and Nine lead Nielsen rankings for April 2 days ago
- Omnicom opens language strategy agency maslansky + partners 2 days ago
- APN Outdoor confirms $500 million bid for Adshel 2 days ago
- Fairfax ups paid trainee program with 20 journalists 2 days ago
- WFA sets new global charter to improve marketing ecosystem 2 days ago
- Media Watch calls into question power of Press Council 2 days ago
- NGEN Podcast: How to get started in adland 2 days ago
- Sensis Data Solutions partners with Roy Morgan 3 days ago
- Ooh!Media ups Adshel bid to $470m 3 days ago
- Government secures Senate numbers for digital tax levy 3 days ago
- Seven crowned Royal Wedding ratings winner 3 days ago
- Bohemia wins media for Western Sydney University 3 days ago
- Readers Digest reveal most trusted Australian brands 3 days ago
- AdNews Investigation: How does social media stack up? 3 days ago