MCN is close to changing its name to embrace Foxtel yesterday
Industry sources say a new name and logo are on the way after a review.
Panadol calls on Australians to 'rethink care'
GSK Consumer Healthcare Australia worked with whiteGREY to create a new brand campaign for Panadol as consumers change their approach to pain relief.
JCDecaux's Brisbane CityCycle gets a new look and partner
NRMA Insurance has been named the new partner of Brisbane CityCycle, seeing the bikes change to a blue colour scheme.
RMIT University showcases larger than life moments
The integrated campaign, created by Cyclone Creative, showcases the university to school leavers and encourages them to visit on Open Day.
How emojis can work for brands
To celebrate World Emoji Day this year, We Are Social decided to take a look at just how popular emojis are in Australia, which are our favourites, and how they perform for brands in terms of driving engagement.
Building back the bridge between creativity and effectiveness
Adland is going through a "creative crisis" but what is the solution? Stephen Graham makes the case for the hero the industry needs.
How to capture consumer attention - when you only have half
With multi-screening becoming ingrained in consumer habit, connecting with a distracted consumer is one of marketers’ key challenges to overcome says Vamp’s Aaron Brooks.
Hiding Instagram likes won’t kill off influencers yesterday
People have been putting forward theories about Instagram‘s move to hide likes, with experts saying it will only improve its advertising business.
Agency Dog of the Month: OMD ‘good girl’ Poppy Foote yesterday
Introducing AdNews' Agency Dog of the Month. This month we spoke to some furry friends at OMD but only one could claim the winning bone.
Publicis gets its nose above the growth line despite advertising fee cuts yesterday
The Australian business had negative organic growth in the first half.
Movers & Shakers: Foxtel, Vizeum, SpotX yesterday
This week Foxtel lost two more senior marketers, Ashley Earnshaw and Christopher Blok took on new roles and Matt Chandler received a promotion.
Netflix says it won’t sell advertising yesterday
Netflix says it's more valuable to remain ad-free and focus on competing for viewer satisfaction.
Meet Bruce the Bot who speaks Australian slang 2 days ago
"Arvo", "bludge", "schnitty, "dunny", "budgie smuggler", "blue-arsed fly" and "democracy sausage".
Young Gun: Ikon Communications trading manager Kelly Leverton 2 days ago
Kelly Leverton always wanted to be on the creative side of the industry but took a role in a media agency straight out of university instead and she has never looked back.
Another Foxtel marketer goes, this time Carly Loder at Kayo 2 days ago
She is the sixth senior marketer to go from the cable television operator in the last 12 months.
MCN appoints Toby Dewar to the new role of customer engagement director 2 days ago
The senior marketing executive will re-imagine how clients innovate with MCN and the Foxtel platform.
In other news...
- Emerging Leaders entries deadline extended yesterday
- Netflix misses its subscriber growth forecasts 2 days ago
- CHART: Omnicom's growth areas with advertising leading the charge 2 days ago
- Instagram is now hiding likes in Australia 2 days ago
- The Australian Turf Club appoints Emotive as creative agency partner 2 days ago
- Omnicom reports advertising revenue growth but slower PR business 2 days ago
- Judith Neilson's cash for journalism has mostly gone to established media 3 days ago
- The 2019 AWARD School Super Judges 3 days ago
- Regional radio vies for greater spend with new tool 3 days ago
- Foxtel loses another marketer, the fifth in 12 months 3 days ago
- DDB Sydney promotes Matt Chandler to deputy ECD 3 days ago
- Coles Little Shop campaign faces a plastic waste petition 3 days ago
- Advertising's role in male and female stereotypes 3 days ago
- Telstra-backed adtech Near raises $140 million 3 days ago
- Domain names former SpotX boss programmatic sales director 3 days ago
- Early SMI: Advertising agency spend hovers below the line 4 days ago
- Ashley Earnshaw appointed CEO of Vizeum 4 days ago
- Industry Profile: Xandr market director Edrich Ching 4 days ago
- Police wanted fingerprints as they searched for evidence against ABC journalists 4 days ago
- Emerging Leaders entries close this Friday 4 days ago
- Vodafone admits charging for content not ordered 4 days ago
- M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment CEO relocates to Australia 4 days ago
- The stereotypical advertising industry CEO and the leadership imbalance 4 days ago
- GroupM aligns with outdoor verification platform Veridooh 4 days ago
- Nine's pop-up Big Ideas Store resurfaces with newspaper assets 4 days ago
- PHD appoints new national head of investment 4 days ago