Movers and Shakers: OMD, Mondelez, Nova, DT, Adshel yesterday
It's hard to keep up with all the moves across media, marketing and advertising so we've compiled them all in one place. Check out the Movers and Shakers from this week.
Four'N Twenty pies launches Aussie Slang words campaign
Blokes and sheilas get around latest Four'N Twenty Slang campaign.
Volkswagen Tiguan campaign goes out of this world
Volkswagen Tiguan gets extraterrestrial attention in latest campaign.
Samsung merges social media and sport
Sports fans are challenged to take on their role models in Samsung's latest netball push from Iris Sydney.
Why marketers need to wean themselves off social engagement metrics
The marketing industry has a drug problem when it comes to social. Isobar's Stephen Graham argues it's time to go cold turkey on 'clicky' reaction metrics such as likes, retweets and comments as measures of success.
The data lifeboat heading for Aussie retail
Big data will form the basis of the transformations that will carry the strongest of the local brands forward says ICLP and Collison Group GM Simon Morgan.
Are enough brands truly embracing the reality of the connected home?
With the ‘Internet of Things’ becoming more popular, Australians have a plethora of new ‘smart’ home technology at their fingertips, but are brands managing the trend well enough? Fjord MD Bronwyn van der Merwe asks.
10 reasons to attend the AdNews Media + Marketing Summit 16 hours ago
Got a ticket for the Media + Marketing Summit yet? If not, here's 10 reasons why you should.
Nissan refutes animal cruelty claims in CGI wildebeest ad 17 hours ago
Complaints criticise Nissan's endorsement of animal cruelty and claim it glorifies erratic driving, calling it “real stupid” and an “immature organisation”.
Clemenger Melbourne's pencil case bulges thanks to D&AD award surge 17 hours ago
"The most awarded agency in the world". The Australian agency's pencil case bursts with wood, yellow, black and graphite pencils following the London hosted D&AD awards.
Havas launches out-of-home agency 19 hours ago
Havas Australia has added an outdoor offering to its full-service agency model, aiming to "change the rules" in out-of-home targeting.
The May issue in print: Transparency and 12 months of WPP 21 hours ago
Here's a snapshot of the May issue of AdNews. We've ideas on transparency, an in-depth interview with WPP's Mike Connaghan, marketing automation, AI, JWT's Matt Eastwood and more. You can subscribe to the print edition or download a digital version.
Cummins&Partners promotes from within to fill Adam Ferrier's CSO spot yesterday
Cummins&Partners Melbourne managing director Tom Ward has stepped up to fill former chief strategy officer Adam Ferrier’s role, following his departure from the agency.
Brands up digital ad spend despite not seeing its value yesterday
Advertisers admit they are not convinced of the effectiveness of digital advertising but 75% are willing to accept the challenges.
Speculation grows surrounding Havas-Vivendi merger yesterday
Is a Havas merger with French multinational mass media conglomerate Vivendi finally happening?
P&G to axe US$2 billion in marketing spend over five years yesterday
P&G plans $2 billion more in global marketing cuts as sales fall. In Australia MediaCom holds the AU$60 million account.
In other news...
- Young Guns: Pandora account director Stefanos Fernandez yesterday
- Qantas swings to The Monkeys for new 'Feels Like Home' ads yesterday
- OMD takes $20m McDonald's Queensland and NT account yesterday
- Ten launches transformation program as revenue gains fail to deliver profit yesterday
- MKR and The Voice battle for top ratings crown yesterday
- CommScore to offer free viewability measurement to all clients yesterday
- Who was top of the pops in radio ratings survey two? 2 days ago
- Ten's MasterChef locks in 12 sponsors 2 days ago
- McDonald's and Uber to roll out delivery in Australia 2 days ago
- Google cleans up search to fight fake news 2 days ago
- Henry Tajer on why nice guys finish first in advertising 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: Digital duopoly takes digital growth; Mondelez CMO and DT MD exit 2 days ago
- Adshel to bridge media, creative and client gap; launches new divisions 2 days ago
- Amazon to help publishers sell subscriptions 2 days ago
- The Voice hits a high note; more than a million tune in for debut 2 days ago
- Aussie production agencies slam rigged pitch system 3 days ago
- Snapchat ramps up geofilters as next step of ad business 3 days ago
- Sharp drop in consumers that prefer watching shows on TV sets 3 days ago
- News Bulletin: Ikea trolls Balenciaga; Huffington Post rebrands; GPY&R's new ECD 3 days ago
- UK ad industry experiences its 'most seismic shift' 3 days ago
- News Bulletin: American Gods coming; Logies host trolls Worner; Voice launches with Snap filter 4 days ago
- Industry Profile: Nova GM Peter Colosimo 4 days ago
- Foster's latest spot pokes fun at the poms ahead of Ashes 4 days ago
- 72andSunny to follow Sydney shop with Singapore 4 days ago
- McDonald's consolidates under DDB, drops Leo Burnett after 12 years 4 days ago
- Seven's MKR wins out over Nine's Logies 4 days ago