AdNews in print: Mobile dials up; Clemenger looks ahead; election ads unpacked 2 days ago
What's in print this issue: Clemenger BBDO turns 70 but is just getting started; global creatives on what makes good political ads; why the industry needs to think mobile first.
McGrath Foundation shines a light on breast cancer at Vivid
The McGrath Foundation has unveiled a light installation at Vivid Sydney, designed to create a shining message of support for those touched by breast cancer.
Publishers come together to support World Environment Day
While they may be fierce competitors every other day of the week, publishers are coming together for one special cause - the environment.
Sportsbet barracks for both Blues and Maroons in State of Origin campaign
An innovative Twitter campaign sees a "hangman-style" guessing game appear on OOH screens in Sydney and Brisbane ahead of the game.
Who will last the distance?
While septuagenarian Clems marks an impressive milestone, industry perception is largely negative, so who today will be around for another 70 years?
Impression tracking: challenges and value for your marketing strategy
"How can marketers measure the impact of each ad effectively, and make informed decisions based on the insights they receive?"
All brands need a digital economy strategy
"One of the key challenges for any communications group is how we ensure we remain the agency partner of choice to help our clients thrive in the digital economy."
UM poised to win Tourism Australia media account 16 hours ago
The government agency is poised to select UM as its new media agency after incumbent OMD and Mindshare were told they are no longer in the race.
Facebook to serve interest-based mobile ads to non-users yesterday
People who are not signed up to Facebook could have interest-based mobile ads served to them as the social media giant expands the reach of its Facebook Audience Network.
Carat overpowers IPG Mediabrands to win Agency of Origin 2 days ago
Carat has again shown it is a touch footy force to be reckoned with, beating Mediabrands to retain its Agency of Origin title.
Richard Branson: Best businesses are born out of frustration 2 days ago
Richard Branson was in Sydney this week talking about risk, leadership and ribbing the competition. Here’s a few old-school lessons from Branson on building brands and business.
Clemenger turns 70: We don’t want to be Ubered 2 days ago
Clemenger is the granddaddy of Australian advertising, but it’s not resting on its reputation. AdNews talks to Peter Clemenger and the next generation about the future of Clems.
Former Bacardi marketer joins OMD's content hub 2 days ago
Kristie Asciak will be responsible for driving innovative solutions in content and brand activation.
Seven West Media confirms negotiations with News Corp 2 days ago
Seven West Media has confirmed it is in negotiations to acquire News Corp’s Perth Now and The Sunday Times.
Movers and Shakers: UnLtd's new boss and eHarmony's match 3 days ago
Adland is full of big moves at the moment. Here are the hires, promotions and exits of this week, from Pandora's perfect match to Telstra's new hire.
Judge & Jury: Pepsi and SodaStream square off 3 days ago
Our Judge & Jury takes a look at suspected foul play in advertising. This week soft drink brands Pepsi and SodaStream go head-to-head.
In other news...
- Industry Profile: Nuffnang MD, Felicity Grey 3 days ago
- VCCP unveils global rebrand, talks up challenger position 1 minute ago
- Nicole Kidman fronts Etihad Airways VR film 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: Telstra wins national cancer register 2 days ago
- Twitter applies brakes to social shopping development 2 days ago
- Facebook gains ground as Google tops media owners list 3 days ago
- Kinder slams xenophobes after marketing backlash 3 days ago
- Media moguls take a hit in BRW Rich list report 3 days ago
- “Going mobile makes sense” - Facebook axes exchange 3 days ago
- David Jones marketers depart; amid raft of exec changes 3 days ago
- Clemenger Brisbane hires head of art after account wins 3 days ago
- Publishers eye data alliances to tackle walled gardens 3 days ago
- Seven plans to rule young female demo 3 days ago
- Facebook: People have spent 100 years in Canvas ads 3 days ago
- News Bulletin: Toyota ties up with Uber; M&C Saatchi makes four new hires 3 days ago
- Australian online advertising market outgrows UK, US 3 days ago
- Creative Focus: Proving the value of ads 4 days ago
- Watchdog: Is 'organic' food for kids really healthy? 4 days ago
- Special Group wins AccorHotels 4 days ago
- Ads are coming to Google Maps 4 days ago
- SCA named FM radio broadcaster for Rio Olympics 4 days ago
- Fireworks fail to fly for Kiss Bang Love premiere 4 days ago
- Snickers takes tagline into the future with hunger algorithm 4 days ago
- Former Pandora marketer finds a match with eHarmony 4 days ago
- News Bulletin: Media Thursdays is on this week; Ex-Society MD joins Red Engine 4 days ago
- Heineken explains motives behind second media agency hunt 4 days ago