‘Advertisers starting to rebalance budgets towards brand building’ – Nine’s CEO yesterday
Following Nine's strong start to FY18, we sit down with its CEO Hugh Marks and look at why brands are starting to return to TV.
Woolies celebrates Aussie champions for Commonwealth Games
Woolworths has launched an ad campaign to support Australian athletes in the run up to the Commonwealth Games.
SPC celebrates 100-year milestone with TV push
SPC's new ad highlights important moments in Australian culture - like eating pavlova.
Too hot? Bonds says get your kit off
Summer days in the outback can only mean one thing … it’s time to get your kit off.
Wellbeing - let's set the example
Switch On MD Chris Hitchcock was experiencing blurred vision, headaches and wound up in the doctor's office. He was surprised to learn he was suffering from stress. Here's what he did next.
Australian marketers need to be more fearless…not reckless
"Australian marketers need to take a more fearless approach to the activities they believe in," says MD of Marketo ANZ Will Griffith.
Trust me, I'm in tech
"Let's talk about the big grey elephant in the room. There's been talk in the industry that 'ad tech' is dying or dead. That frankly isn't true," says CEO of Unlockd, Matt Berriman.
‘Years of heavy lifting’ hits Southern Cross Austereo, profit drops 21% yesterday
It’s not all doom and gloom as CEO Grant Blackley says educating media and advertisers about the benefits of regional audiences “has paid off”, with revenue from national advertisers in regional markets rising sharply by 12.8%.
'Not a security issue' - Facebook denies Channel Seven hack yesterday
People trying to access Channel Seven's Sunrise Facebook page found themselves redirected to Mark Zuckerberg's former roommate's Facebook page. However, Facebook denies there has been a hack of its system.
WPP AUNZ horizontality model gains traction, delivers 3% profit yesterday
WPP AUNZ Mike Connaghan says the group has delivered better than expected” results against a flat media market and soft conditions. He says the media market will be driven by digital and outdoor this year.
Facebook to ditch 20 metrics and improve labelling yesterday
Facebook is upgrading how it labels metrics to provide advertisers with greater clarity of what metrics mean and how they are calculated. It will also cull 20 metrics on Ads Manager that are redundant or unhelpful.
UnLtd’s Cricket Big Clash: All out for $124,000 yesterday
The 2018 UnLtd Big Clash raised $120,000 this year.
Maybelline questions if it should stay on Snapchat yesterday
First Kylie Jenner, now Maybelline. Snapchat isn't having a great week.
YouTube algorithm promotes fake news on Florida shooting yesterday
YouTube’s brand safety woes continue as the platform has been found unwittingly promoting conspiracy theory videos claiming that survivors of last week’s Florida school shooting are “crisis actors”.
Will Nike's Snapchat sell-out save platform following Kylie Jenner backlash? yesterday
The original Queen of Snapchat, Kylie Jenner, has condemned the platform's latest redesign. But could a Nike tie-up reinvigorate the platform?
News Bulletin: Speed wins Westfund Health Insurance; Woolies mocks MAFS yesterday
In news: Nine’s MAFS may not be sponsored by any supermarket brands, but that doesn’t stop the social media team at Woolies getting in on the action. Also, Westfund Health Insurance has appointed Ian Perrin’s agency Speed.
In other news...
- TV industry needs to get its shit together: MCN CEO 2 days ago
- Cricket Australia's Sarah Styles revealed as Media + Marketing Summit keynote 2 days ago
- Nine’s profit soars 55%; Stan set to break even 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: Heineken cracks out the chatbot; DDB wins National Hearing Care 2 days ago
- Ad spend triples as media agencies back podcasts 2 days ago
- Guardian sees ‘no evidence’ Facebook is prioritising quality journalism 2 days ago
- Fairfax signals 'consolidation' in media as it posts profit slump 3 days ago
- CEO Delany shares plans to build on Fox League's success 3 days ago
- How the Guardian Australia avoided the fate of the HuffPost 3 days ago
- MG Motor steers away from one agency, moves to roster 3 days ago
- APN Outdoor fiscal results lag behind the market in 'difficult year' 3 days ago
- Pippa Chambers named AdNews editor, Rosie Baker exits for GroupM 3 days ago
- Seven West posts increased profit but Worner ‘not happy’ 4 days ago
- People are wising up to fake news and trust in media will bounce back 4 days ago
- The Daily Mail suffers 17% YoY audience decline 4 days ago
- Coles Liquor pitches creative 4 days ago
- The Royals scores Northern Territory masterbrand project 4 days ago
- Why Dave Bowman made the jump from Special Group to Google 5 days ago
- Ooh!Media's audience focus helps it grow profit by 21% 5 days ago
- Domain spin-off costs hit profit 5 days ago
- UM wins $23m AGL media account 5 days ago
- Aldi accused of ‘illegal bait advertising’ 5 days ago
- News Corp takes emotive approach in first national campaign 5 days ago
- GoDaddy swaps agencies, taps Alf Stewart for hot sauce venture 5 days ago
- Cummins&Partners sells stake in Adelaide agency 6 days ago
- BMW's top marketer Stuart Jaffray resigns last week