Samsung, Coke and NAB all named and shamed at the 2015 Shonky's 16 hours ago
Bad lenders, clogged pipes and fake furniture are all sprung in this year's Shonky Awards. Find out who's been peddling the shonkiest products on the market.
New Powerade receives multi-million dollar push
Powerade has launched a major multi-million dollar campaign to push its new drink formula.
If these balls could talk...
Take a peek inside your undies, in a new campaign by Bonds for its male undies range.
Hovis use heritage as a recipe for success
Iconic British bread brand Hovis is back on TV with latest campaign by Mother.
Adblocking: the great data heist
The ad industry may have front row seats to one of the greatest heists in history as adblockers open to doors to data cartels and double standards, says Mindshare strategy and innovation manager Jack Smyth.
Is future-gazing worth it?
With the rapid pace of change, can anyone rely on a 10-year plan anymore? Create the future, don’t try to predict it, Rosie Baker writes.
The good, the bad and the blocked
From click fraud robots used to attribute fake conversions, to adblocking, OMD's Sean Hoadley looks at how consumers and publishers can tame the Wild West that is digital media.
WPP invests deeper in STW Communications 11 hours ago
Australia’s largest agency holding company STW Communications, which owns the likes of full-service agency lkon, JWT and Oglivy, has given another chunk of its shares to WPP.
Nielsen's first full mobile ratings report reveals digital big hitters 20 hours ago
“This will provide a publisher with a picture of where they stand in the market for the first time. It will give greater assurances to advertisers on their mobile spend, and inform more strategic spend and more strategic use of mobile.”
The Marketer: Jim Beam, liquid gold 21 hours ago
There’s 200 years of history in Jim Beam. That’s seven generations of the Beam family. Rosie Baker talks to marketing director Trent Chapman and family master distiller Fred Noe about keeping it real.
Dan and Maz were too young, but SCA confident of new Rove strategy 16 hours ago
While Dan and Maz weren't quite ripe enough for 2DayFM's breakfast show, SCA's new strategy with 41-year-old comic Rove McManus at the daybreak helm, is set to be the right dose of what the station's key 18-39 demographic want.
Adblocking: the great data heist 16 hours ago
The ad industry may have front row seats to one of the greatest heists in history as adblockers open to...
Project Lightning revealed: Twitter launches new Moments venture 16 hours ago
Social network Twitter has launched its much discussed Moments venture, under the alias Project Lightning.
Summer t'is the season of opportunity for brands 17 hours ago
Sponsored: The perception among advertisers that summer is a flat, off-peak TV period with a marketplace on the beach, belies the big opportunities on offer during the warmer months.
How do Aussie kids find content? 16 hours ago
For brands wanting to tap into the "fandom" of kids, the "power of the playground" is key to discovery.
Rove McManus steps in as Dan and Maz axed from weekday show yesterday
Weekday breakfast hosts Dan Debuf and Maz Compton have been bumped to a weekend slot as comedian Rove McManus is brought in to help salvage the ailing show - less than a year after launch.
In other news...
- Can publishers fight back against Facebook and Google? 18 hours ago
- Seven's 800 Words holds strong in TV ratings 17 hours ago
- Vale David Walden. Scott Whybin pays tribute yesterday
- ZenithOptimedia boosts performance marketing offering - acquires FirstClick yesterday
- Cadbury wants users to swipe right - joins Tinder yesterday
- Jennifer Aniston takes off for Emirates in $20m ad push yesterday
- Zombies take over Sydney Opera House in Walking Dead stunt yesterday
- News Bulletin: Qantas joins with goCatch, Leo Burnett hires creative duo yesterday
- The battle of sport was on, but which code came out on top in ratings? yesterday
- The world's most valuable brands - Apple still ripe, Lego arrives, but Nintendo falls for first time yesterday
- Google teams up with marketers and agencies to plug digital skills gap yesterday
- How marketers want to apply the future of media today yesterday