Holden's GM of marketing Mark Harland is our keynote speaker, and there’s speakers from top brands including Lenovo, ANZ Bank, Carlton United Breweries, Universal Music and Mondelez, plus Mark Ritson, Adam Ferrier and Father Bob Maguire. Tickets are on sale now.
We've also got top speakers from the agency world including Zenith, Clemenger BBDO, Saatchi & Saatchi, MediaCom, Carat, McCann Melbourne, CHE Poximity, and more.
Plus, we're looking out for your health and well-being with a session hosted by Tonic Health Media. Matthew Johnstone, a former adman, illustrator and the author of several books on dealing with depression including the black Dog series, will teach you how to manage stress in a busy media environment and help you and your teams build resilience, find balance and develop mindfulness.
Here's a run down of the sessions you'll find at the AdNews Media + Marketing Summit in Melbourne on 2 August:
- Keynote - Redefining Holden: Holden Executive Director of Marketing Mark Harland - The Aussie auto brand is on the cusp of phenomenal change and Harland will delve into why the brand will not rely solely on TVCs and traditional marketing strategies, but will innovate to reflect the fact that Holden’s vehicles are more technologically advanced and safer than ever before. He'll talk about the brand's moves into ride-sharing technology and ways it's looking to revolutionise the car buying experience.
- Mark Ritson’s Nine Circles of Digital Hell - Described by an attendee from the Sydney Summit as “the best presentation I have ever seen”, professor Ritson will deliver a finely tuned adventure through the digital inferno.
- Brand Building in a Digital World - Has brand building been sacrificed in the name of digital tactics? Are marketers too concerned with push messaging, than pulling in the hearts and minds of customers? How is a brand grown and nurtured in a digital environment; what are the best examples, and what can be learned from them?
- Finding success in failure: It takes a brave marketer to admit failure. However, those failures – whether it be planning failures, creative failures, or campaign failures – will lead to incredible learning experiences. We hear from some of those people who have failed, and get a unique insight into how it changed their tactics and strategies forever.
- The New Face of Agencies - Whose game is it anyway? When a creative agency can become a media agency, a media agency is a digital shop, and brand becomes a publisher nothing is black and white. With such blurred lines, it's hard to remember the important thing is the outcome. How are agencies and clients reshaping what they do to deliver better results and relationships - and what's working?
- Health and Wellbeing Session - Presented by Tonic Media - We all know that people are key to business success and good quality marketing, but it's getting ever harder to balance life in the fast-paced media world. In this well-being 'psych-up' session Matthew Johnstone, ambassador of Tonic Health Media, will teach you how to manage stress in a busy media environment and help you and your teams build resilience, find balance and develop mindfulness.
- Renegades collide: Father Bob and Ferrier: Father Bob Maguire and Thinkerbell’s Adam Ferrier will close the event in a one-on-one, no holds barred, conversation. Father Bob is the renegade Catholic Priest from South Melbourne; the kind of cleric who set up a secular organisation to help deal with homelessness and disadvantage. Adam Ferrier needs little by way of introduction. On paper (or perhaps hymn sheet) their worlds couldn’t be more dissimilar. However, in reality they deal in the same currency: capturing the hearts and minds of audiences that cross all demographics.
Speakers on the day include: Kjetil Undhjem, Director Marketing - Chocolate (ANZ), Mondelez International, Paul Rees-Jones, Executive Planning Director, Clemenger BBDO, Melbourne, Chris Maxwell, Consumer Connections Director, Carlton United Breweries, Jason Tonelli, Chief Digital and Technology Officer, Publicis Media ANZ, Rob Brittain, Head of Marketing Effectiveness, ANZ Banking Group and Nickie Scriven, CEO, Zenith Australia, Plus more to be announced.
Read more at http://www.adnews.com.au/96030130-7257-11E7-8B7B7251FF935125#9c1BH2TOZulZvbUI.99
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org