Universal Music, Lenovo and ANZ Bank have joined the speaker lineup for the AdNews Media & marketing Summit in Melbourne. Tickets are on sale now.
The event on 2 August is the first Media + Marketing Summit in Victoria and follows on from the Sydney event in May, with a line up of new themes and speakers as designed to make marketing and media, make more sense.
The brands join Holden's GM of marketing and MArk Ritson on the speaker line up.
Also at the AdNews Media + Marketing Summit in Melbourne on 2 August:
- Keynote - Redefining Holden: Holden Executive Director of Marketing Mark Harland - The Aussie auto brand is on the cusp of phenomenal change and Harland will delve into why the brand will not rely solely on TVCs and traditional marketing strategies, but will innovate to reflect the fact that Holden’s vehicles are more technologically advanced and safer than ever before. He'll talk about the brand's moves into ride-sharing technology and ways it's looking to revolutionise the car buying experience.
- Finding success in failure: It takes a brave marketer to admit failure. However, those failures – whether it be planning failures, creative failures, or campaign failures – will lead to incredible learning experiences. We hear from some of those people who have failed, and get a unique insight into how it changed their tactics and strategies forever.
- Mark Ritson’s Nine Circles of Digital Hell - Described by an attendee from the Sydney Summit as “the best presentation I have ever seen”, professor Ritson will deliver a finely tuned adventure through the digital inferno.
- Brand Building in a Digital World - Has brand building been sacrificed in the name of digital tactics? Are marketers too concerned with push messaging, than pulling in the hearts and minds of customers? How is a brand grown and nurtured in a digital environment; what are the best examples, and what can be learned from them?
- The New Face of Agencies - Whose game is it anyway? When a creative agency can become a media agency, a media agency is a digital shop, and brand becomes a publisher nothing is black and white. With such blurred lines, it's hard to remember the important thing is the outcome. How are agencies and clients reshaping what they do to deliver better results and relationships - and what's working?
- Health and Wellbeing Session - Presented by Tonic Media - We all know that people are key to business success and good quality marketing, but it's getting ever harder to balance life in the fast-paced media world. In this well-being 'psych-up' session Matthew Johnstone, ambassador of Tonic Health Media, will teach you how to manage stress in a busy media environment and help you and your teams build resilience, find balance and develop mindfulness.
Speakers on the day include: Kjetil Undhjem, Director Marketing - Chocolate (ANZ), Mondelez International, Paul Rees-Jones, Executive Planning Director, Clemenger BBDO, Melbourne, Chris Maxwell, Consumer Connections Director, Carlton United Breweries, Jason Tonelli, Chief Digital and Technology Officer, Publicis Media ANZ, Rob Brittain, Head of Marketing Effectiveness, ANZ Banking Group and Nickie Scriven, CEO, Zenith Australia, Plus more to be announced.
The Melbourne event is 2 August at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image, in the heart of Federation Square. You can buy tickets now .
Carat is the event's Presenting Partner, along with support from Fairfax Media, The Trade Desk, Tonic Health Media. Rakuten Marketing and Tribe will lead the FastFront sessions, showing off the latest developments from their businesses.
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at email@example.com