Is your audience who you think it is?

By AdNews | 31 August 2017
AdNews Live! – the new series of events from the AdNews stable

AdNews Live! – the new series of events from the AdNews stable – is continuing full steam ahead with the launch of ‘Reframing Australia’ – a half-day Sydney event designed to ‘mythbust’ Australian audiences and demographic breakdowns.

Curated specifically for adland, brands and marketers, the event, which takes place on 15 November 2017 at Monkey Baa in Darling Quarter, comes off the back of a renewed push for greater understanding of Australia’s super-diversity.

‘Reframing Australia’ will explore the disconnect between the industry and our changing demography, and why brands that do not adopt a more representative approach will lose. The event will look at the cost of creative whitewashing and the business benefits of connecting to Australia’s super-diverse population.

Major keynote and brand announcements will be unveiled in the next two weeks.

While politicians are being forced to reveal their cultural backgrounds, and the Census 2016 data shows how super-diverse the country is – agencies, brands and marketers are under pressure to get to grips with this incredible, disparate melting pot.
We’ll bring together the brightest minds in a dynamic two-way forum to educate, inform and inspire.

The 2016 Census revealed that the number of ordinary Australians – defined as those who match 10 key demographic characteristics – has shrunk to an extraordinary new low. Indeed, only 5,782 Australians fit the “ordinary” description. That’s roughly 0.02% of the population. Leaving 99.98% of the population that could be consider extraordinary Australians.

We are living in a re-imagined ‘Straya where one in three were not born here and one in five speak a language other than English at home (a number that reduces to one in three in the cities).

Today’s Australia is a place where your audience might not be who you think it is.

Discover how to reach the genuine face of Australia.

Early bird tickets are priced at $275.00. Get in early.

To book tickets, click here.
For sponsorship and content opportunities, contact Yaffa Custom Content director
For speaking opportunities, or if you have an idea you want to share, contact AdNews event content director,

AdNews Live! – the new series of events from the AdNews stable

Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at

Sign up to the AdNews newsletter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for breaking stories and campaigns throughout the day.

Read more about these related brands, agencies and people

comments powered by Disqus