The WFH Diaries - Ben Glasson at 303 MullenLowe

By AdNews | 5 May 2020

AdNews brings the stories of those working from home (WFH) in the advertising and media industry during the coronavirus crisis.

Ben Glasson is group account director at 303 MullenLowe:

How do you deal with the silence?
What silence? For reasons totally unknown, my wife speaks at least 30% louder when talking business on the phone (I hadn’t noticed it until we were locked in a 2BR apartment together 24/7). Add a further 50% volume increase for Zoom / video calls and another 80% if there are more than six people on those video calls. Thankfully as an EP of a busy music production house she’s only on calls about 85% of the day…

The good?
Novelty moustache. 
Ugg boots and shorts. 
No Bondi Road commuter traffic. 

The bad?
Silence – although I’m told that the sound of my "loud typing" is bordering on grounds for divorce. 

Tips for making WFH work?
Limit those Videocalls.
Pick up the phone and have a regular phone call – amazing what can be achieved in three minutes when you aren’t trying to make out the book titles on the shelf behind your MD’s head.

And get a Sonos. 

I am looking forward to getting back to the office because …
Along with my community minded 303 colleagues, I plan to do my bit to help all those poor pubs in The Rocks get back on their feet as quickly as possible.

Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at adnews@yaffa.com.au

Sign up to the AdNews newsletter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for breaking stories and campaigns throughout the day.

Read more about these related brands, agencies and people

comments powered by Disqus