Concave Brand Tracking says it counted 45 products appearing in the popular Season 3 of Stranger Things.
The total product placement advertising value was $US15 million with Coca-Cola getting the most at $US1.5 million.
Here are the top 10 products, according to Concave Brand Tracking, appearing in Season 3 of Stranger Things:
1. Coca-Cola appears as a can, in vending machines and in signs. About $US1.5 million in product placement advertising value. Coca-Cola was in every single episode for a total of nearly five and a half minutes of screen time. Coke also got a mention in the dialogue.
2. Cadillac. About $US954,000 in product placement advertising value. Various models can be spotted in the background. Three and a half minutes of screen time.
3. Chevrolet. About $US1.1 million in product placement advertising value. Chevrolet was in all but one episode. Most of the brand’s four minutes of screen time came in the form of Jim Hopper’s 1987 Blazer SUV and Billy Hargrove’s 1979 Camaro.
4. Casio watches. About $US883,000 in product placement advertising value. The watches were worn by main characters, adding up to more than eight minutes of screen time which was made up of mostly discreetly glimpses.
5. 7-Eleven stores and drinks. $US587,000 in product placement advertising value. The store was featured prominently in episode five. In episode six, a 7-Eleven Slurpee was consumed. A total of more than two and a half minutes of screen time.
6. Sharp (radio, cash register and microwave). About $US762,000 in product placement advertising value. A Sharp radio and microwave appeared in episode one and again in episode three. A Sharp cash register is also seen in the ice cream shop in episodes two, three and four. The brand has a total of one and a half minutes screen time.
7. Adidas. About $492,000 in product placement advertising value. Adidas appeared in every single episode, mostly as the shoes worn by Mike Wheeler and Steve Harrington and various pieces of clothing worn by secondary characters.
9. Pentax (camera and binoculars). $US675,000 in product placement advertising value. Pentax appeared as the camera used by Jonathan Byers and the binoculars used by Dustin Henderson and Steve Harrington.
9. Reebok. About $US520,000 in product placement advertising value. The sneakers were worn by an array of characters, including Joyce Byers, Eleven and Dustin Henderson.
10. Burger King. About $US471,000 in product placement advertising value. Burger King appeared in five of the eight episodes for a total of just over two minutes of screen time.
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org