Martin Sorrell’s S4 Capital plans to maintain a cracking pace of acquisitions, helping to accelerate growth in the pure-play digital advertising group.
Releasing full-year results, the company told investors it had a "healthy merger" pipeline in data and analytics, content and digital media.
Last year the company raised £113 million for acquisitions.
Part of the thrust of acquisitions is to "broaden and deepen our service capability".
S4 Capital's run of acquisitions, which it terms "mergers" for the way it adds businesses via a combination of cash and shares:
- In January, MediaMonks announced a combination with Circus Marketing, a fully integrated digital agency, based in the Americas and Spain (consolidated as from March 2020).
- In May, MightyHive announced a combination with Digodat, a leading Latin American data & analytics consultancy (consolidated as from July).
- In June, MightyHive announced a combination with Lens 10, a leading Australian digital strategy & analytics consultancy (consolidated as from October).
- In July, MightyHive announced a combination with Orca Pacific, a Seattle-based, Amazon-managed service provider (consolidated as from August)..
- In August, MightyHive announced a combination with BrightBlue Consulting, an award-winning UK-based, data analytics and measurement consultancy (consolidated as from September).
- In September, MediaMonks announced a combination with Dare.Win, an award-winning, Paris-based, digital creative agency.
- In January, MediaMonks announced combinations with Decoded Advertising, an integrated, creative, technology and media agency, based in New York and also combined with Tomorrow, an award-winning, Shanghai-based, creative agency and with Staud Studios, a high-end creative, production studio, specialising in the automotive industry.
- Also, in January, MightyHive announced a combination with Metric Theory, an integrated performance marketing agency, providing services across search, social and commerce media. Metric Theory and Decoded Advertising were completed on 31 December, 2020 after the market was closed. As a result, the balance sheets of both combinations are included in the consolidated balance sheet of the group.
- In February, MightyHive acquired the assets of Datalicious Australia, a Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane-based data & analytics company.
- In March, S4Capital announced that it has entered into a conditional agreement in relation to a combination of MediaMonks with highly awarded design and experience agency, Jam3, based in Toronto with offices in Amsterdam, Los Angeles and Uruguay.
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org