Omnicom Media Group Australia (OMG) has been ranked the number one media and marketing services group in Australia for the third year running by the research company, RECMA.
RECMA local Domestic report evaluates media agencies’ strengths and weaknesses across vitality and structure including new business balance, competitiveness in pitches, specialised experts’ capabilities, and client portfolio.
OMG has achieved the highest score reached in Australia through high levels of client retention and new business wins.
The group jumped to its highest rating in four years, finishing 13 points above the nearest competitor, up from 9 points in 2019.
The score reflects the exceptional performance of OMD, PHD and Hearts & Science, plus OMG’s specialist data and tech consultancy, Annalect, and full-service digital business, Resolution.
Highlights from the report:
- OMD Australia maintained its number one position in the local Domestic Report and topped the Australian new business ranking, Jan 2020 - to date, driven by the recent Victorian Government win. OMD also achieved twice the structure score of any other agency driven by its diversified services and client portfolio mix of large clients over $20 million in billings and number of Australian clients over $8 million in billings.
- PHD moved to joint 3rd in the report with its highest score to date and the best score for any PHD agency globally. PHD’s performance was powered by 100% client retention over the period and achieving 2nd position in Australia for new business wins driven by Spotlight Group.
- Both OMD and PHD also scored in the top four agencies in Australia for their Vitality KPIs of pitch performance and awards.
- Hearts & Science, after only two years in the Australian market, jumped into the top ten agencies and scored fifth in new business wins, an exceptional performance for a new agency.
- Resolution continues its dominance of Search marketing; winning Google’s highly coveted Performance Honours for the third year running. Resolution also grew its full-service client portfolio with recent new business, including the University of Victoria.
- Annalect became the first Salesforce partner to implement Interaction Studio in ANZ. The tech consultancy also became a certified Google Cloud Reseller and won Google’s Most Connected Award for Google Marketing Platform (GMP).
Peter Horgan, CEO, OMG ANZ: "RECMA’s assessment of OMG’s performance is acknowledgment of the fantastic work by our staff, for our clients. The conditions in 2020 were extreme and to see our people responded to our clients’ individual needs shows the breadth and depth of capability at OMG. I couldn’t be prouder of their performance”.
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org