Nearly two-thirds of global marketers lack confidence in their data, analytics, insights, according to research by the US-based Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council and GfK.
“CMOs around the world have entered a new era of high-velocity data marketing,” says Donovan Neale-May, executive director of the CMO Council.
“Many need to get better at extracting relevant data signals across channels, generating actionable insights, making insights available in real time, and going deeper and more granular with customer insights.”
Key findings from a survey of more than 300 marketing leaders:
- 62% of marketers are only moderately confident (or worse) in their data, analytics and insights systems
- 46% say access to relevant customer data is hit or miss or worse
- 39% of top performers say the journey from data gathering to actionable insights is fast or immediate compared to only 7% of bottom performers
- 60% of top performers say their data/analytics/insights systems are very agile and adaptable compared to 9% of bottom performers
- 30% of top performers use AI pervasively in multiple systems compared to 4% of bottom performers
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at email@example.com