Independent Media Agencies of Australia (IMAA) today announced its leadership team for 2021 after a successful launch in February 2020.
- Angela Smith, managing director, MediaSmiths (NSW)
- Steve Fagan, director, Media Republic (Victoria)
- Jacquie Alley, chief operating officer, The Media Store (NSW)
- Tom Frazer, co-founder and managing partner, Half Dome (Victoria)
- Phil McDonald, partner and managing director, BCM Group (Queensland)
- Ant Colreavy, chairman, Sandbox Media (NSW).
“The IMAA has had a remarkable first year, attracting more than 50 members nationwide in under a year and several media sponsors, developing an alliance with the world’s largest independent agency network, thenetworkone and hosting an exclusive series of COVID-19 and Insights and Innovations webinars for our members, all during a pandemic,” says IMAA general manager Sam Buchanan.
“The new IMAA leadership team is a great reflection of our national presence and it’s pleasing to see a range of agencies step up to the team for 2021. It’s going to be another big year for us with several initiatives planned.
“I’d also like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank our inaugural outgoing leaders Dominic Pearman, Nick Behr, Dan O'Brien, Darren McKenzie and Ant Colreavy - who is staying on the 2021 leadership team. Their passion and energy have made the IMAA what it is today.”
The IMAA’s second survey of members showed independent media agencies are predicting a strong recovery from the effects of COVID-19, forecasting an increase in staff and revenue in 2021.
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org