Half the $6 million spent by the federal government on digital ads between April 2020 and June this year was on on COVID-related campaigns, according to analysis by Pathmatics, the digital marketing intelligence platform.
Most of that spend went to Facebook.
However, just $32,000 was spent on vaccine-specific campaigns.
A state by state breakdown on COVID campaign ad spend reveals: NSW led the way with its COVID campaign ad spend totalling $4.7 million, closely followed by Queensland at $3.5 million and Victoria at $900,000.
• New South Wales - $4,700,000
• Queensland - $3,500,000
• Victoria - $900,000
• South Australia - $700,000
• The Australian Capital Territory - $200,000
• Tasmania - $53,000
• Western Australian - $1,700
• The Northern Territory - $0
Top government COVID campaigns based on spend:
- How to stay informed & safe during COVID - $2,600,000
- Smartraveller overseas restrictions info - $145,000
- Smartraveller travel advice for New Zealand - $38,000
Federal government COVID ad spend:
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org