Media moguls take a hit in BRW Rich List report 13 hours ago
The latest BRW Rich 200 list is out and media mogul’s portfolios have taken a hit in the latest figures. Mining tycoon Rinehart falls from top spot, but more women make the cut.
Nexcare Nana is the ultimate daredevil
Meet Nexcare Nana; the band-aid wearing, dumpster-diving, dirt-loving grandma.
NRL addresses mental health awareness
Mental illness is Australia's single biggest health issue but only 50% of people receive help. NRL is hoping it can convince those in need to reach out.
RSPCA urges pet owners to desexify their pets
RSPCA QLD is urging pet owners to ‘desexify’ their pets in its annual desexing campaign.
The four most powerful moments from TEDx Sydney
These were the four moments that resonated most with viewers across the world from the TEDx Sydney talk.
Looking back to move forward
"The Domesday Book was viewed with the fear and awe we reserve today for the likes of Google and Wikileaks."
How will brands manage the paradoxes of progress?
"We need to come to grips with the fact that our existing systems and operating structure mean that to use the appropriate metaphor, you can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs".
“Going mobile makes sense” - Facebook axes exchange 14 hours ago
“I think this move by Facebook is an admission that their desktop exchange was really just a remnant and acquisition product and their focus really is in mobile,” says Pippa Leary.
David Jones marketers depart; amid raft of exec changes 17 hours ago
David Jones has revealed a raft of senior management changes that has seen two of the retailers top marketers depart.
Publishers eye data alliances to tackle walled gardens 18 hours ago
Australian publishers could be looking to get into bed with airlines, telcos and supermarkets to marry their inventory with these businesses' authentication data - in a bid to take on Google and Facebook.
Australian online advertising market outgrows UK, US 20 hours ago
Australia’s online advertising market saw strong growth in Q1 and grew at a higher rate than overseas rivals, year-on-year.
Facebook: People have spent 100 years in Canvas ads 19 hours ago
In the three months since Facebook's latest mobile ad unit Canvas went live, cumulatively people have spent more than 100 years of time in the offering.
Seven plans to rule young female demo 18 hours ago
Seven's chief revenue officer Kurt Burnette says Kiss Bang Love's ratings need to be considered in the context of its strategy to dominate the young female demographic.
Creative Focus: Proving the value of ads 21 hours ago
Advertising is judged in society by its output, but it provides a lot more value than those outside it give it credit for. So just how can advertising prove its worth?
Watchdog: Is 'organic' food for kids really healthy? yesterday
Watchdog goes up against misleading packaging on products targeted at children, which sometimes use 'organic' labeling to mask the real nutritional value of foods.
Former Pandora marketer finds a match with eHarmony yesterday
A week after it emerged that Nicole McInnes had left Pandora, she's already resurfaced at online dating site eHarmony, taking on the role of marketing director.
In other news...
- Newspapers rule the news agenda – Danny Bass yesterday
- Kinder slams xenophobes after marketing backlash 11 hours ago
- Clemenger Brisbane hires head of art after account wins 18 hours ago
- News Bulletin: Toyota ties up with Uber; M&C Saatchi makes four new hires 20 hours ago
- Special Group wins AccorHotels yesterday
- Ads are coming to Google Maps yesterday
- SCA named FM radio broadcaster for Rio Olympics yesterday
- Fireworks fail to fly for Kiss Bang Love premiere yesterday
- Snickers takes tagline into the future with hunger algorithm yesterday
- News Bulletin: Media Thursdays is on this week; Ex-Society MD joins Red Engine yesterday
- Heineken explains motives behind second media agency hunt yesterday
- Twitter: photos and handles pulled from 140-character limit yesterday
- More give, less take - NAB CMO yesterday
- Industry Profile: The Holla Agency CEO, Alex Allwood yesterday
- Young Guns: MediaCom group digital director, Sam Russell 2 days ago
- US launches program to tackle ad fraud 2 days ago
- The Voice tops MasterChef, Seven Year Switch reunion 2 days ago
- The ad formats that drive results 2 days ago
- MFA launches awards with humourous mockumentary 2 days ago
- Media Reform: Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? 2 days ago
- WIN and Ten seal broadcast affiliate deal 2 days ago
- Mi9's Emma-Jayne Owens resurfaces at Big Mobile 2 days ago
- VCCP buys San Fran shop to form challenger network 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: RAPP in US lawsuit over "destructive" CEO; Nova appoints strategy lead 2 days ago
- Ex-IAB CEO Paul Fisher named new UnLtd boss 2 days ago
- ACCC to appeal Reckitt Benckiser's $1.7m fine for misleading on Nurofen 3 days ago