AdNews in print: Challenging media transparency. OOH special. Audi marketer. Attribution 2 days ago
Is Australia's media buying industry transparent? We talk to media agencies, media owners and marketers to find out. Also, find out why out of home is enjoying a digital renaissance.
Rigney: Fake tradie
AdNews' cartoonist draws his thoughts on the latest industry and national happenings.
Harley-Davidson targets millennials with Instagram campaign
Harley-Davidson has mixed up its messaging with a social media campaign that taps into the Instagram trends of surfing, food and travel.
Visa's Olympic carpool
Spot your favourite athlete in Visa's fun campaign.
Off Brief: Your very own virtual Cannes
"Start by sticking a terrible passport photograph of yourself to the plate and hang it around your neck."
I’m not a data hater, but…
"While, it’s easy to just cynically write Cannes Lions off as a rosé fuelled party, that couldn’t be further from the truth."
Cannes festival of complexity
The industry is making marketing appear more complex than it really is, and the current happenings at Cannes isn't helping. Mindshare's Jack Smyth offers tips about how marketers can make sense of the festival of complexity.
Ooh!Media acquires youth publisher Junkee Media yesterday
Outdoor company oOh! has acquired a majority of youth publisher Junkee Media as it looks to bolster its data and digital capability.
Big six ad networks throw rivalry aside for global sustainability yesterday
In a rare showing of unity from the big six ad networks, CEOs of Havas, IPG, WPP, Publicis, Omnicom were side by side on stage at Cannes Lions to launch ‘Common Ground’ an industry wide effort to reach the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Eyres, Lark and Farjami on conspiracy theories, virtual reality and the irony of Cannes 2 days ago
VIDEO: ANZ’s top marketer Louis Eyres will return from Cannes with at least six Lions for the bank’s vaults and a head full of conspiracy theories.
Cadbury bolsters Olympics sponsorship with new themed flavours 2 days ago
Over the last two years the confectionery giant has made a clear shift in its marketing strategy by bolstering its sponsorship efforts of major events, zoning in on 'entertainment' and 'families' as its core demographic.
Nine unveils new website and mobile-first brand strategy 2 days ago
Nine has also launched a range of new mobile ad formats, a food vertical 9Kitchen and says it will become first to embrace VR for mass audiences.
BBDO pulls scam Lion winning work, says agencies are like ‘street junkies’ for awards yesterday
Scam work in Cannes is pulled by the BBDO after the client distances itself, while global BBDO CCO says agencies are addicted to awards. Lions organisers play down accusations of scam and block voting.
Movers and Shakers: Ex-Droga5 boss resurfaces and Think TV's CEO 2 days ago
Adland is full of big moves, from Think TV's new CEO to Ex-Droga5 boss resurfacing at an LA agency.
Canon uses Vivid to sharpen consumer focus 2 days ago
“There's so many great things to shoot at Vivid, but so many people leave disappointed, so Canon can play that role of helping people.”
Innovation is the key brand growth driver 2 days ago
“As a brand you operate in a competitive environment, so if you're not innovative, one of the challenger brands below you will be," Millward Brown's Hamish Asser.
In other news...
- Australia wins metal in Film, Film Craft, Integrated 8 hours ago
- Host’s #AirlineWager wins trophy in Entertainment Lions yesterday
- Creativity can’t have a 'paint-by-numbers' approach: Bruce McColl yesterday
- Harvey Weinstein: when brands hit hard it’s a turn off yesterday
- Photo Gallery: Media Thursdays kicks of DJ competition 2 days ago
- Cannes Lions Shortlists: Leos leads Entertainment; 16 Aussies for Film 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: Dentsu teams up with Bowel Cancer Australia 2 days ago
- Adland's secrets: A deadman walking and the return of the prodigal son 2 days ago
- P&G’s Pritchard on closing the “content crap trap” 2 days ago
- Droga and Under Armour: Success is fleeting 2 days ago
- “Seduction of short-termism” undermines creativity: IPA study 2 days ago
- Would an awards for bad marketing encourage better work? 2 days ago
- Ex-Droga5 boss Gohil resurfaces at LA's 72andSunny 2 days ago
- Grey Singapore refutes scam claims 3 days ago
- Why it's time for brands to get podcasting 3 days ago
- BMW tops YouTube's most viewed 360-degree ads list 3 days ago
- News Bulletin: State of Origin II audience down; Yahoo7 launches lifestyle website 3 days ago
- Ballesty, Baxter and Gloster on Cannes: Celebs, clickbait and ‘emojis everywhere’ 3 days ago
- Unilever: The future of marketing is individuals, influencers and impact 3 days ago
- Vice teams up with SBS to launch new channel 3 days ago
- Young Guns: Network Ten digital integration producer, Amelia McGrath 3 days ago
- Saatchi & Saatchi win Innovation Lion; Australia wins metal in Cyber and Creative Data 3 days ago
- McWhopper wins Media Grand Prix; Australia picks up trophies in Media, Mobile 3 days ago
- Oliver Stone on storytelling, politics and tech giants: Cannes 3 days ago
- Iggy Pop at Cannes: Ad guys are like voodoo priests 3 days ago
- Behind Y&R NZ’s Grand Prix winning McWhopper is a transformed agency 3 days ago