NSW Government creates agency roster in new approach to media planning, buying 3 days ago
Five media agencies, including a WPP/GroupM bespoke team, UM, OMD, Atomic212 and Havas will split the government's $70 million media account. The new approach pairs agencies to individual departments and campaigns.
Heineken 3 launches biggest local marketing campaign
Heineken 3 is the "beer that has it all", according to the latest work from Havas.
One Night in Mexico tells Aussies to up their taco game
Did last night's The Bachelorette leave you craving tacos? This ad may be the reason why.
Jerry Seinfeld and Ellen DeGeneres ruin Netflix shows in new ad
The joke is on Netflix.
Are we making advertising interesting enough?
If advertising isn't interesting, it doesn't exist, says Y&R's Paul Nagy. So is the industry doing enough to capture the attention of audiences?
Mind the leadership gap
It turns out pretty much everyone in our industry is woefully unprepared when they get promoted to an agency leader position, says Andy Pontin, CEO of Clemenger Sydney. But how do we fix it?
An ROI focus gives marketers the right to invest in brand building
In response to Peter Field's recent talk, Quantium chair Tony Davis says a focus on ROI is important to earn the right to spend on long-term activities, and targeting allows marketers to balance sales and brand building activities.
'Textbook success story', but time to go home – Match Media co-founder exits 3 days ago
Blighty calls. Match co-founder-turned Blue 449 COO James Simmons will leave his role at the end of January. The agency's head of performance and analytics, Duncan Parfitt, moves into the newly created MD spot.
Chemist Warehouse parts ways with full-service agency Quattro 2 days ago
Australia's largest pharmacy retailer Chemist Warehouse has parted ways with its agency of eight years. The account is worth $100m.
Anti-same-sex marriage ad humorously altered to support Yes campaign 2 days ago
"It's OK to say no... to pineapple on pizza."
The Australian vies for Asian market with website launch 2 days ago
The Australian tilts towards Asian market with bespoke Mandarin website.
News Bulletin: Sydney MD Karen Halligan to leave Zenith 2 days ago
See what's happening in media, marketing and advertising today.
Industry Profile: Amnet ANZ national managing director Indy Khabra 2 days ago
If he wasn't a programmatic jedi, he'd be a dancer in Michael Jackson's Cirque du Solei show.
Mike Wilson: Beware agency bosses touting attribution ‘black boxes’ Sponsored
Cross-channel measurement is advertising’s looming existential crisis and any agency leader that claims to have cracked attribution is probably bending the truth, according to Havas Media ANZ chief executive, Mike Wilson.
Australian digital publishers slow to adopt tool to counter ad fraud 2 days ago
Most of Australia's largest digital publishers are yet to adopt the IAB's ads.txt protocol, which tackles ad fraud in programmatic trading. A couple of digital agencies have warned they will stop trading with non-adopters.
Movers and Shakers: Foxtel, eHarmony, IAG, Nine 2 days ago
Blue 449, 303 MullenLowe, Saatchi & Saatchi, The Hallway, PublicisQ, GumGum and more... We've got all the big moves in the industry you need to know.
In other news...
- IPG Mediabrands dominates MFA NGEN finalists 3 days ago
- Why eHarmony coupled up with The Bachelorette 3 days ago
- Agencies launch attack on avocados on Gruen 3 days ago
- Nine's digital boss Alex Parsons exits after 11 years 3 days ago
- Sophie Monk's Bachelorette debut achieves record ratings for Ten 3 days ago
- Frontier’s Dan O’Brien: Shifting product is video’s universal metric 3 days ago
- MLA and The Monkeys to show their chops at AdNews Live! Reframing Australia 3 days ago
- News Bulletin: Unilever first to sponsor Snap Show; VCCP wins Torrens University Australia 3 days ago
- M&C Saatchi named most innovative company in Australia 4 days ago
- Federal Government begins master media agency tender process 4 days ago
- Saatchi & Saatchi Melbourne hires BWM’s Simon Bagnasco 4 days ago
- Power 50 spin-off: 'The ones to watch' 4 days ago
- MediaCom wins Victorian Government master media contract 4 days ago
- Young Guns: Red Engine SCC social media manager Jade Waite 5 days ago
- Ten creditors back CBS deal 5 days ago
- Hendrick’s dives into experiential marketing 5 days ago
- Cannes Lions chairman Terry Savage calls out change in Aussie demographics 5 days ago
- IAG restructure sees marketing boss Merrick move on 5 days ago
- How Saatchi & Saatchi brought MercerBell 'out of the wilderness' 5 days ago
- Google and Clemenger creatives tackle diversity 5 days ago
- One week left to enter the Australian Magazine Awards 5 days ago
- MLA escapes ban, ad cleared by watchdog despite appeal to government 6 days ago
- Foxtel's top marketer Mark Buckman to exit 6 days ago
- Supreme Court dismisses Murdoch-Gordon bid to halt Ten sale 6 days ago
- Do we need to drink beer? Canadian Club challenges the idea 6 days ago
- Cheap inventory costs digital media its reputation; Fairfax's Matt Rowley 6 days ago