Optus Sport now free following World Cup blunder 10 hours ago
Optus CEO Allen Lew said the company will now offer free access to Optus Sport to all Australians until August 31, in a bid to repair its damaged public image.
Socceroo star Tim Cahill stars in Samsung's latest campaign
Samsung's new campaign featuring socceroo Tim Cahill urges Aussies to reunite and watch sports together.
Mars shifts brand positioning with latest campaign
In the latest work from Clemenger Melbourne, Mars take on awkward situations to promote its new platform.
Spotify's 'Love What You Love' campaign is its biggest to date
Spotify continues to push their ad-supported “freemium” model and commitment to creating a high-quality experience for users with the multi-faceted “Love What You Love” campaign – the music streaming service's most comprehensive to date.
Brands beware the slow death spiral
"The continued demands on brand owners to deliver short term results is resulting in a long, slow death spiral for many brands," says ex-ANZ marketer turned consultant, Rob Brittain.
Building trust through user experiences
In a world where trust is eroding at an alarming rate, what are the areas you can take control of to regain consumer confidence and shine your brand in a positive light, questions IProspect's Guy Jarvie.
Accenture Interactive’s predictions for Cannes Lions 2018
From blockhain to ethical advertising, numerous speakers from the Accenture Interactive family have shared their take on the hottest topics or events likely to emerge over the week in and around the Palais.
JCDecaux bids $1.1bn for APN Outdoor 8 hours ago
The deal from the international outdoor advertiser follows an ongoing bidding war between APN and Ooh!Media for control of fellow outdoor advertising company Adshel.
David Droga and Maurice Levy probe Publicis on Marcel 9 hours ago
David Droga, Maurice Levy, Kate Stanners, Tham Khai Meng and other industry leaders have probed Publicis Groupe over its artificial intelligence driven platform Marcel on stage at Cannes Lions.
News Corp stalwart Nicole Sheffield joins Australia Post 11 hours ago
Former News Corp chief digital officer Nicole Sheffield will complete Australia Post's leadership team as executive general manager, community and consumer.
What Triple J's first 'commercial broadcast' would sound like 12 hours ago
Following ABC boss Michelle Guthrie's comments shooting down the idea that the national broadcaster should be privatised, Triple J has revealed what it would sound like if the station was commercialised.
Ooh!Media rescues controversial Deadly Questions billboard shunned by APN 15 hours ago
After being deemed too controversial to run by outdoor media company APN Media, Aboriginal Victoria's Deadly Questions campaign in support of Australia's first Treaty legislation has been picked up by Ooh! Media.
#MeToo sparks national inquiry into sexual harassment in Australian workplace 16 hours ago
Following the global conversation about sexual harassment and the #MeToo movement, a national inquiry into sexual harassment in Australian workplaces has launched.
News Bulletin: Banjo's co-founder exits for AJF; Foxtel wins piracy battle 16 hours ago
In today's news: Foxtel wins the right to block further pirate sites, Apple reveal plans to move in on Hollywood and Banjo co-founder Georgia Arnott leaves for AJF.
Alinta Energy called out over misleading ads 16 hours ago
The ACCC deemed that Alinta Energy, Cricket Australia's new shirt sponsor, misled customers in regards to decreases in its discounted tariff rates.It now has to now honour the offer it promised. The campaign aired before the sponsor deal was inked.
CHE Proximity's out of home ad wins silver at Cannes Lions 17 hours ago
CHE Proximity has taken home more metal, this time in the Outdoor category, while Y&R Melbourne's 'Sip Safe' campaign scores another accolade.
In other news...
- The industry is ‘hypnotised’ by tech platforms, says PHD global CEO 23 hours ago
- Bumble considers introducing ads to platform yesterday
- Ogilvy pledges to employ more women in senior leadership yesterday
- Marc Pritchard on P&G’s marketing reinvention yesterday
- P&G pushes for greater gender equality in advertising and media yesterday
- Addressable TV to be put through its paces at AdNews Melbourne Summit yesterday
- Guthrie warns networks, a privatised ABC is an 'advertising behemoth' yesterday
- Industry Profile: Impulse Screen CEO and co-founder Paul Garrity yesterday
- John Matthews returns to Sydney for top job at Fox Sports yesterday
- I was a stranger in Facebook's 'millennial nirvana'; ex-boss Stephen Scheeler opens up yesterday
- Nine won't 'oversaturate' shows with sponsors, says Stephenson yesterday
- AdNews launches Top 25 Emerging Leaders yesterday
- Unilever CMO Keith Weed cracks down on influencer marketing yesterday
- CHE Proximity and Y&R Melbourne win first Cannes Gold yesterday
- Amazon Prime launches locally at a third of US cost yesterday
- David Droga admits he became 'overly cocky' 2 days ago
- No doubt Optus' brand 'adversely affected', CEO says 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: Bauer launches influencer network, Google offers greater transperency 2 days ago
- Seven's summer scheduling woes as Nine drops tennis deal 2 days ago
- Music app Beat Fever takes marketing platform global 2 days ago
- SBS scores World Cup win as Optus outages hinder opening weekend 2 days ago
- New Liberal campaign pulls no punches in targeting Labor leader Bill Shorten 2 days ago
- Australia third highest globally for paid news subscriptions 2 days ago
- The Voice finale unable to recreate 2017 high note 2 days ago
- WA government appoints Initiative and retains Carat on $60m media account 2 days ago
- Cannes Finalists for pharma and health revealed; nine from Australia 2 days ago