Cannes juries shrug off issue of scam - do you? 2 days ago
Last year the issue of scam advertising at Cannes flared up massively – this year, the official line was ‘nothing to see here’ from the juries and Cannes Lions team. But behind the scenes creatives still think it's an issue. Is it? Take our poll.
Rigney - Thanks Cannes...
AdNews' cartoonist draws his thoughts on the latest industry and national happenings.
Jim Beam asks Shazza, Stevo and The Boss to 'Join the Family'
Jim Beam is adding Aussie names - like Stevo and Shazza - to its iconic American bourbon bottles as it asks consumers to 'Join the Family.'
Want to win a Cannes Lion? ADMA Creative Fuel can help
ADMA Creative Fuel has crafted a soundtrack designed to to be used as a backing for award entries. Feel free to start counting your chickens -and your trophies - now.
Five lessons from Cannes (if you're a goldfish, you can just read the headlines)
Cannes: The establishment vs The young guns
New outdoor tech will force advertisers to think outside the box
Damian Eales named News Corp's managing director of metro and regional publishing 3 days ago
News Corp's marketing director and interim sales lead, Damien Eales, has been appointed managing director of metro and regional publishing.
News Corp's Storyful makes bigger grab for local market 2 days ago
News Corp's Storyful – the newly launched verification and aggregation content service – is negotiating a number of opportunities and partnerships, including a deal with a “premium car brand” as it makes a strong push into the local market.
Global ideas driven by cost efficiency will fail says Diageo 2 days ago
The move to deliver singular global brand campaigns, in the face of harnessing efficiency and as a response to the omnipotence of the web, has been strongly countered at Cannes.
MFA Awards entries close next week 2 days ago
It's time to shake off Cannes fatigue and get back on the awards trail. Entries for the Media Federation of Australia Awards close next week.
Facebook confirms revenue share trials on video ads in feed 3 days ago
Facebook has confirmed that media owners and select companies will take 55% of revenue from associated ads in video feed.
Watchdog - Streaming Stan on Vodafone 2 days ago
How much Stan could a watchdog stream if a watchdog could stream Stan? As it turns out, probably not a lot.
PHD creates GM role in Melbourne 3 days ago
PHD has created a general manager role in Melbourne as the agency has doubled in size over three years.
Swipe right: What's in the works for Tinder? 3 days ago
Tinder founder and president Sean Rad, and SapientNitro’s CMO Bill Kanarick sat down during Cannes and talked all things from turning an insight into innovation, the importance of experience and is the brand eyeing off virtual reality?
Fighting the float - integration comes into its own 3 days ago
TV integration is being pitched as a key differentiator as TV attempts to fight back against a migrating video dollar.
In other news...
- 60-second interview: Red Engine's Julian Townley 2 days ago
- VML confirms Blackspot Beacon entry withdrawn from Cannes 2 days ago
- Bohemia wins Twitter media 2 days ago
- Virgin boosts Velocity with acquisition – eyes consultancy opportunities 2 days ago
- SCA creates top sales role; readies for Hamish and Andy return 2 days ago
- Video: Buzzfeed founder on 'the dress', Buzzfeed TV and real-time brand integration 2 days ago
- We share video, but not necessarily because we care 2 days ago
- The Bulletin: OMD's got talent; Family Feud turns one 2 days ago
- M&C Saatchi names former DDB Shop MD head of retail 3 days ago
- Data a hurdle for top-flight CMOs 3 days ago
- The Bulletin: Roberts-Smith promotion; Gemba retains Sanitarium 3 days ago
- Ray Martin to lead ABC Q&A review, but show not under threat 3 days ago