Hundreds of Australian sites and brands hit in global ad fraud scheme 10 hours ago
Almost all of Australia's premium publishers, major sporting bodies, government departments, Google, Facebook and several iconic local companies were targeted in the world's largest ad fraud racket.
Apple shows off AirPods in enchanting holiday ad
Apple's annual holiday ad is a beautiful dancing routine with AirPods as the main star.
Serena Williams and her fake baby front Gatorade ad
Serena Williams is the picture of maternal pride as she lovingly cradles her daughter in a new video. But there's a catch.
R/GA hits intimate pointe in Telstra's Australian Ballet ad
R/GA Sydney is behind a series of intimate short films created for the Telstra Ballet Dancer Award.
Talking about transparency is shooting at the wrong target
Banging on about transparency is missing the point of programmatic. It’s never going to be 100% transparent because no other medium we operate with is, says Spinach’s Ben Willee. But that doesn’t mean we should write it off completely.
Surviving the new era of voice
We still have a long way to go before voice-activated devices entirely overturn how we interact with technology and engage with brands, but it's something we need to start exploring, says BMF's Irina Hayward.
Outdoor digital: The new TV screen for the masses?
If outdoor digitally is set to run content, will it become the most powerful TV screen? Virginia Hyland considers the potential power of digital outdoor.
HuffPost and Fairfax joint venture likely to end 7 hours ago
HuffPost Australia’s joint venture with Fairfax Media is likely to come to an end as the publisher examines its global strategy.
Young Guns: OMD marketing and BDM manager Danielle Le Toullec 7 hours ago
The job will never be 'done' so you need to make time to look after yourself and prioritise your health and wellbeing as high as your deadlines," says this week's young gun and wise owl, Danielle Le Toullec.
How marketing has risen from the shadows Sponsored
Marketing is in a state of flux, its role within business is changing, and it has finally emerged from the support function shadows.
Havas Media promotes Imogen Hewitt to group MD 11 hours ago
Havas Media has promoted its chief strategy officer Imogen Hewitt to group managing director.
‘9Honey has exceeded all our expectations’: Helen McCabe Sponsored
It’s a year since Nine merged its women’s verticals under the 9Honey network brand to create a “one-stop shop” for female audiences. But for Nine lifestyle boss Helen McCabe, the thing that stands out is how it has defied expectations.
Digital is driving a new auto journey Sponsored
Australians are spending less time buying a car today than they ever have, despite having a seemingly endless amount of choice, according to new Ipsos research, commissioned by carsales. AdNews crunches the numbers
Pay TV opens review on gambling ads in live sports 4 hours ago
ASTRA, the body for subscription television, is opening a consultation on a new code that further restricts gambling ads in live sports broadcasts.
Ad watchdog reverses decision, bans MLA religous ad 11 hours ago
"The board considered the advertiser had given inadequate consideration to how seriously some Australians take their religious views" - the ad watchdog has done a backflip on its initial decision and banned MLA's gods ad.
'Advertising must not mislead': AAMI slapped with $42k fine 12 hours ago
Suncorp Group's AAMI has been forced to pay $43,200 in penalties after the corporate watchdog raised concerns about “false” or “misleading advertisements” relating to its home insurance.
In other news...
- Christmas ads 2017 round-up: Watch the festive best from around the world 14 hours ago
- Bauer digital boss Christian Fricke exits yesterday
- TBWA Melbourne wins Peroni, added to Asahi roster yesterday
- Ad tech salaries revealed yesterday
- Bauer Media cuts trio of magazines yesterday
- Domain targets millennials with Pedestrian integration yesterday
- Nike Australia marketing director exits for Asia role yesterday
- 'Digital' and 'ad' banned in WhiteGrey's new creative direction yesterday
- Amazon confirms ATP tennis rights abroad; could BBL and EPL be next? yesterday
- News Bulletin: Toyota renews cricket sponsorship; Hypetap hires Unruly and Pandora execs yesterday
- Industry Profile: Havas Melbourne group MD Matt Houltham 2 days ago
- Sizmek extinguishes Rocket Fuel name; ANZ boss to exit 2 days ago
- Carat wins $6m Nova Entertainment media account 2 days ago
- Dentsu Mitchell rebrands to Dentsu X in push to be 'experience-focused' 2 days ago
- Lego releases first Christmas ad from CHE Proximity 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: Iris' Callum Walker joins M&C Melbourne; WPP's Rob Norman steps back 2 days ago
- 'Offensive and 'racist' University of Sydney billboard banned 3 days ago
- Industry Profile: AdColony sales director Zak Vidinovski 3 days ago
- MediaCom boss Sean Seamer to depart for Supercars role 3 days ago
- The 2017 Annual is here: Reflections on Trust 3 days ago
- Armed and ready: TBWA hatches new plan of attack 3 days ago
- Hungry Beast founder shuts agency, joins BuzzFeed to spearhead creative 3 days ago
- Seven launches Christmas gifts e-commerce platform 3 days ago
- News Bulletin: 303MullenLowe bolsters data credentials 3 days ago
- Dentsu Aegis ramps up capabilities, zones in on addressable advertising and CRM 3 days ago
- GroupM’s video future: A television lens with a digital backbone 6 days ago