Twitter's new marketing push takes flight 13 hours ago
While many social savvy early birds have already caught onto Twitter, not everyone has, which is why it's sticking its beak into a new target market.
BWM Dentsu rallies support for the Wallabies
BWM Dentsu and Robber's Dog have launched a new campaign for the Qantas Wallabies that captures the bond between the Australian people and the team.
McDonald’s Olympic push celebrates the non-Olympians
McDonald's is for Aussie legends - whether they are Olympian or not.
Optus launches national VR campaign with Troye Sivan
Entertainment marketing agency Bring is helping Optus give Troye Sivan fans an up close and personal VR experience.
Podcasting - radio's clever offspring works
"Podcasting is radio’s clever little offspring and we are its showbiz mum. Looking on with love and admiration, we’re excited by their freedom and their future."
Six myths of influencer marketing
Influencer marketing has become a booming part of the industry, but with all the buzz has come a bit of confusion - Hypetap co-founder Detch Singh looks at the six myths that need crushing.
What should clients be paying for?
Commission and rebate structures might be disappearing, but how should client budgets be allocated to include agencies data, technology and consultancy costs?
Vodafone appoints GroupM to create Team Red unit 1 hour ago
GroupM will create the dedicated Team Red unit in Australia to bring the brand in line with the rest of the global business.
Coke taps Michelle Jenneke for local Olympics push 2 hours ago
Coca-Cola has enlisted Australian hurdler Michelle Jenneke to front its local Olympic marketing push, in the lead up to the games in Rio.
Verizon acquires Yahoo; 'options' for local JV 4 hours ago
Verizon has bought online player Yahoo for USD$4.8 billion. Locally for Yahoo7 it's business as usual, but in the coming months Seven may chose to evaluate its options surrounding the JV.
The Economist to grow experiential marketing in Australia 3 hours ago
In the last 12 months The Economist has garnered more than 20,000 subscriptions from experiential marketing, with a conversion rate of 65%.
Bauer’s biggest data play disguised as rewards program 4 hours ago
In a bid to overcome barriers to purchase and build a consumer database for ongoing targeted campaigns, Bauer Media's loyalty app has been going from strength to strength.
Seven names Olympic ad partners, boosts reach with Twitter Amplify 12 hours ago
Launch advertisers signed on with Seven include McDonald's, Qantas, Harvey Norman, Samsung, Woolworths and more.
M&C Saatchi brings PR into the fold, rebrands Bang PR 21 hours ago
M&C has unveiled its newly renamed PR agency Hidden Characters and a new philosophy to navigate the 'murky' world of PR.
Ikon sues client for non-payment amid counter claims of 'dishonest conduct' yesterday
Media transparency could be flaring up again as Ikon is accused of 'misleading and dishonest' conduct by a client it is suing for nearly $1m of unpaid fees. Suggestions of rebates, kickbacks and more.
Pokémon Go: Game of the future or fad? yesterday
AdNews in-depth: It's arguably the biggest mobile game in history and only continues to gain traction as it rolls out globally.
In other news...
- Who is the most powerful person in Australian media and marketing? last week
- News Bulletin: UberEATS launches in Sydney, McCann expands into PR 2 hours ago
- Guvera CEO steps down 3 hours ago
- Fairfax boosts data offering through TEG partnership yesterday
- Media Wrap: Sorrell slams digital giant and Ooh!Media launches sound tech for OOH yesterday
- New David Jones ad shot solely on an iPhone yesterday
- GroupM eases off YouTube relationship yesterday
- Nestle uses influencers to amplify TV presence yesterday
- News Bulletin: Leos, M2M, Ad tech, Giphy, VCCP yesterday
- Photo Gallery: Media Thursdays' DJ bash 4 days ago
- GroupM and Dentsu battle for $10m Ikea account underway 4 days ago
- AAMI pushes into Snapchat but still hails TV king 4 days ago
- Havas posts profit growth, IPG beats expectations 4 days ago
- JWT Sydney promotes Jenny Willits, wins Nikon 4 days ago
- News Bulletin: ADMA line-up; P&G UK in agency talks over £210m media 4 days ago
- AdNews in Print: Pokémon Go is everywhere 4 days ago
- Movers and Shakers: Omnicom shake up, Lee Leggett's exit 4 days ago
- Publicis reports growth but predicts difficult third quarter 4 days ago
- Offensive Wicked Campers slogans to be taken down under new law 4 days ago
- Metcash secures ACCC approval to buy Woolies homewares assets 5 days ago
- Dentsu's Isobar overhauls Perth office; cuts staff 5 days ago
- SpotX to launch addressable TV in APAC 5 days ago
- Spotify opens up programmatic with Omnicom deals 5 days ago
- McDonald’s to be first brand sponsor on Pokémon Go 5 days ago
- News Bulletin: MediaCom hires business director from IAG 5 days ago
- Search marketing gets soul 5 days ago