Adland Secrets: Confessions of a media agency newbie 21 hours ago
Under cover of anonymity, a recent network media agency recruit reveals what it’s really like under the hood in this series of raconteurs bending the ear of AdNews.
NT becomes ‘world’s largest art gallery’
The spot features different art exhibitions such as the light show near Uluru, rock art and waterfalls.
New ad wants to save your super
Industry Super Australia is fighting for the one in three Australians who are missing out on their money.
Samsung pushes for harmony between humans and tech
Foldable screens and tattoos by robots are some of the things featured in Samsung’s perfect future.
The Annual: 'If we are not truly creative then it's hard to be memorable'
"Creativity is the Holy Grail for us; when we get it right the response from our customers and our staff is overwhelming. We do get it wrong too and yes we do hear about it," says Bonds head of marketing Emily Small.
The halftime performance you almost definitely missed
Last week there were two significant global broadcast events. One we heard a lot about. Another, we largely ignored, says Initiative Australia partnerships executive Camille Gray.
Will the creative idea conquer all?
In the first edition of AdNews for 2019 we jump straight into some of the major sectors, companies, themes and people that are set to impact the media, marketing and advertising landscape this year.
How TBWA Sydney got its mojo back 20 hours ago
"There’s no algorithm for creativity," says TBWA Australia. With a mission to be the "number one agency in effectiveness", the Omnicom-owned agency makes no bones about its position and big plans for the year ahead.
The brands celebrating Mardi Gras this year 18 hours ago
Major sponsors this year include Woolworths, Vodafone, Qantas, Salesforce and Holden.
Ex-Saatchi CEO spearheads Pacific content marketing venture 21 hours ago
The agency is headed up by ex-Saatchi & Saatchi CEO Simone Bartley and Emotive ECD Andrew Cameron.
Omnicom appoints Cadreon's Darren Stein as CEO Annalect 16 hours ago
Omnicom has appointed Darren Stein as the CEO of its data and technology business Annalect for Australia and New Zealand, following his departure from IPG Mediabrands' Cadreon.
BBL grand final records lowest to date 18 hours ago
Seven and Foxtel's combined coverage of the Big Bash League grand final for the 2018/2019 season has recorded its lowest average audience for the series to date, drawing in a total average audience of 703,000.
CHE Proximity boosts ECD ranks with Marcel and Clemenger hires 19 hours ago
Incoming ECD Wes Hawes is the latest big exit from Publicis shop Marcel and ECD Helen James marks the second major hire poached from Clemenger's stables.
Starcom strengthens national leadership team 19 hours ago
Starcom Australia has revealed a raft of new roles and promotions to the agency’s national leadership team, as it focuses further on "people-based marketing solutions".
Free TV lashes out at 'outdated content rules' as ACCC submissions roll in 19 hours ago
"Outdated Australian content rules from the 1980s are well overdue for change," FreeTV has stated in its submission to the ACCC, as part of the ongoing inquiry into digital platforms.
Dentsu results: Australian restructuring imminent to mitigate further loss 20 hours ago
The Australian market has been identified as one of the underperforming markets for Dentsu, with the impacts of lower client spend and changing management contributing to its 2018 financial year results.
In other news...
- The Heart Foundation's 'killer' campaign urges government action 2 days ago
- Philips Automotive appoints 10 Feet Tall to full service account 3 days ago
- Bauer launches new publication, goes deeper into events 3 days ago
- Asahi Beverages to consolidate and review $7.4m media account 3 days ago
- Domain’s move to programmatic advertising cuts into revenue growth 3 days ago
- Ben Sharp exits Pureprofile for Salesforce 3 days ago
- Adland rivals to face off in UnLtd’ Big Clash 3 days ago
- Initiative scoops Fujitsu General $2.9m media account 3 days ago
- Movers & Shakers: IPG, Nine, Trade Desk 3 days ago
- Do these ride–sharing ads really deliver the right lift? 3 days ago
- Young Guns: SCA account manager Sandy Rogers 4 days ago
- R/GA ramps up APAC push, hires top ECD 4 days ago
- SA Govt appoints Carat, Wavemaker and Reprise to $36.4m media panel 4 days ago
- Introducing Brand Love Academy 4 days ago
- Phil McDonald on 'deluded' approach to full service structure 4 days ago
- Pitch Update: A-League, Virgin Money, Fujitsu 4 days ago
- Results are in: Omnicom, IPG, Enero, HT&E and Carsales 4 days ago
- Spotlight: How VCCP is facing off the big bad bears for brands 4 days ago
- What brands are doing this Valentine's Day 4 days ago
- 'It's not about surviving'; Paykel founder on being acquired 4 days ago
- Marcel founder Nobay exits for boutique startup 5 days ago
- Banks roll out ads post-Royal Commission 5 days ago
- Samsung reviews digital 5 days ago
- 303 MullenLowe ends decade-long Fujitsu General relationship 5 days ago
- Adani ramps up ads in quest for 'fair go' 5 days ago
- The Trade Desk's Mitch Waters relocates to Singapore 5 days ago