The AdNews top 10 Australian ads of 2017 14 hours ago
This year was a good year for epic ads, and thoughtful ones. This is the AdNews pick of ads that caught our eye and blew our minds.
University of New England taps TV for emotive brand campaign
The powerful spot, by Engine, features a softly spoken voice-over and poignant musical composition.It showcases many touching scenes of growing up.
Host/Havas aim to tackle impacts of mass tourism
By encouraging visitors to be more conscious about their behaviour while they travel, the Palau Pledge aims to foster a more sustainable form of tourism.
Facebook targets ad industry with CMO content series
As part of its efforts to better connect with marketers and prove the results it says it can deliver, Facebook has launched a content series called face-2-face, featuring nine high profile Australian marketers.
This Christmas, focus on buyers or doers not dreamers or browsers
If retailers are to truly capitalise on this December madness then they must focus on what I term ‘actuality’, says By Yahoo7 and Yahoo Platforms NZ head of data and targeting, Dan Richardson.
Google is becoming a friend to publishers, but Facebook remains a foe
The new partnership between Fairfax and Google is the first signs of a thawing relationship. Google still has more work to do, but Facebook is being left behind when it comes to its relationship with publishers, writes Lindsay Bennett.
Why machine learning will help publishers
"The three key problems machines can fix are costs, monetisation and ad quality," says PubMatic's Peter Barry. He also argues that SSPs will have to evolve or risk becoming irrelevant – much like any player in our industry.
AdNews Podcast Live Edition: The Monkeys and MLA talk diversity 12 hours ago
A special edition of the AdNews Podcast recorded at AdNews Live! Reframing Australia. Tune in to hear Meat & Livestock and The Monkeys discuss how they built inclusion and diversity into their marketing and advertising strategy.
'Addressability, Amazon and voice assistants' - 16 media predictions for 2018 14 hours ago
Media agency predictions are dominated by 'As' - Amazon, addressability and (virtual) assistants. Here's what agency and holding group bosses had to say.
Half of marketers are just ‘making it up’ claims Marketo 14 hours ago
When it comes to measuring results, ROI and effectiveness, Marketo claims half of marketers are guessing the impact their marketing has.
Zenith: Digital 'brand experience' catches up with ad spend 14 hours ago
Zenith research has found that online advertising is now contributing similar levels of 'brand experience' to budget allocations with five tech titans to consume 94% of growth in global ad spend.
Guardian Australia hunts MD as CEO Ian McClelland returns to UK 14 hours ago
The Guardian is on the hunt for a local managing director as CEO Ian McClelland moves back to the UK to take up a new role as MD corporate development at Guardian Media Group.
The wheels are off as Coke’s festive truck slammed again 15 hours ago
Coke’s festive marketing push is under fire again marketing sugary drinks to children with fresh calls from the health lobby for it to scrap the Christmas truck tour.
Matt Rowley rids Fairfax of agency teams, brings in specialists yesterday
“Clients want more integration and better solutions and making that happen in the old fashioned way of working through an agency doesn’t work so well," Matt Rowley rids Fairfax of agency teams in favour of vertical specialists.
Danny Bass on a new upfronts era, taps into zero-based budgeting yesterday
IPG Mediabrands is formally making a shift away from upfront deals in its trading and negotiating strategy, but other networks say flexibility is already baked into negotiations.
Industry Profile: AppNexus account director Erica Blakslee yesterday
After getting a marketing degree, an ad agency seemed like the best place to continue learning and build a career. Meet this week's Young Gun and Mexican beer lover, Erica Blakslee.
In other news...
- Campbell Arnott's pitches media and creative yesterday
- Volvo top marketer joins Fairfax yesterday
- Fairfax inks digital advertising partnership with Google yesterday
- Apple buys Shazam yesterday
- We’ve added an award category dedicated to effectiveness yesterday
- AdNews Podcast Live Edition: Are marketers ignoring multicultural audiences? Mythbusting the stats yesterday
- Ad market cools as mobile and video spend steams ahead yesterday
- News Bulletin: Grant Denyer joins Em Rusciano show yesterday
- Industry Profile: Sizmek head of marketing Ayaan Mohamud yesterday
- Qantas consolidates $60m global media account with OMD 2 days ago
- Mark Pejic to exit IPG Mediabrands 2 days ago
- Lisa Wilkinson to lead Ten’s new publishing hub 2 days ago
- Stan names Roxy Jacenko as brand ambassador 2 days ago
- Circulation cuts are a cash boost for News Corp 2 days ago
- SBS News launches new app and rebrand 2 days ago
- News Corp shuns circulation data in favour of Emma 2 days ago
- Sydney 7s re-positions brand, aims for new audiences 2 days ago
- Terry Savage quits Cannes Lions 2 days ago
- Agencies stuck in ‘doom loop’, says Madison Avenue's Michael Farmer 2 days ago
- Young Guns: Blue 449 strategist Josef Charlesworth 5 days ago
- Amazon names former Samsung CMO as marketing director 5 days ago
- Sexual harassment drops, but discrimination rises: The Agency Circle results 5 days ago
- Top 10 most watched ads on YouTube for 2017 5 days ago
- Holden reveals first work from The Monkeys 5 days ago
- Three strong candidates could fill Seb Rennie's boots at GroupM 5 days ago
- Movers & Shakers: Nine, Ikon, Starcom, ARN 5 days ago