Movers and Shakers: Stan, JCDecaux, M&C Saatchi, PubMatic 19 hours ago
This week in movers and shakers, Stan appoints new head of digital, JCDecaux promotes Essie Wake to CMO and M&C Saatchi taps ex-adam&eve exec.
Aldi and BMF celebrate customer reviews
Dave thinks Aldi pies are 'not bad'; the world rejoices.
Free Your Think from Murdoch Uni and J. Walter Thompson
Think for yourself and open your mind at Murdoch University.
Osher jumps in the car with Youi Insurance
Getting to know Andy G/Osher Günsberg without the glitz and glamour of the Bachelor.
Adapt or die says book publisher turned multimedia beast: Guinness World Records
The book itself holds a world record, as the best-selling copyrighted book of all time, but how are traditional publishing brands keeping themselves relevant in an increasingly digitalised world? Its SVP Nadine Causey explores.
Chasing 'brand love' on social media is largely a waste of time
"Most of the money you spend on social media is spent talking to a tiny group of people who are probably already using your brand."
Entrenching respect for advertising
Transparency is a reality, says Facebook's head of brand Naomi Shepherd. "It’s knowing that a marketer achieved the business outcome expected from the advertising investment, and they can credibly qualify it to the board."
Sneak peek: Stan to launch mass brand campaign 15 hours ago
Streaming player Stan is set to launch a new brand campaign this weekend and AdNews has the sneak peek...
SBS upfronts: Plenty of tears, sunshine and a fresh take on Aussie history 15 hours ago
SBS has had a strong year with lifts in prime time audience share, but there's plenty more to come. The multicultural broadcaster took journalists on a sneak peek of an impressive slate to close the year.
First half 2017 results: Publicis sails, Omnicom slides 16 hours ago
“Our ambition is to post higher growth than our competitors,” says Publicis in its H1 results. Omnicom’s Q2 revenue falls, but APAC delivers growth.
Myer’s chief customer officer exits amid poor sales 16 hours ago
Daniel Bracken, the department store’s deputy CEO and chief customer officer, is exiting as the department store reveals lacklustre performance.
Young Guns: Deepend head of planning Kim Verbrugghe yesterday
She got into the industry because she loves the combination of art and science, and the one thing her colleagues don't know about her is how to pronounce her last name.
News Bulletin: NBC News taps Snap yesterday
In news today, Snapchat launches news broadcast with NBC,
Invalid traffic across digital plummets in Australia yesterday
More than 97% of website desktop traffic has been marked valid, according to the second IAB/PwC Invalid Traffic Benchmark. There was even better news for mobile and video inventory.
Audi faces backlash for sexist ad yesterday
A Chinese Audi ad featuring a mother-in-law inspecting her son's bride at the alter is being criticised globally for being sexist after comparing a woman to a used car.
Marketers 'haemorrhaging money' over 'creative by committee' culture yesterday
Localising creative in a multinational company can be an arduous task weighed down by bureaucracy and a disconnect between the creative and approval processes, the CMO Council has warned. This inefficiency is costing brands time and money.
In other news...
- JCDecaux promotes Essie Wake to CMO yesterday
- More people read news in print than digital, claim emma numbers yesterday
- Vodka Cruisers 'blatantly' breaches AANA guidelines yesterday
- 'We need to do better'; Carat CEO on improving diversity and work life yesterday
- Facebook to trial paywall for publishers in Instant Articles yesterday
- Striving for a better ad funded internet: Five minutes with James Diamond 2 days ago
- Has brand building been sacrificed in the name of digital tactics? 2 days ago
- Will Seven drop the baby? Yummy Mummies ratings plummet 2 days ago
- Google Home launches in Australia with Netflix and Stan integration 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: M&C Saatchi nabs ex-adam&eve exec, Bang acquired by Nextgen 2 days ago
- Universal Music agency Bring hires creative director 2 days ago
- Game of Thrones smashes Foxtel ratings records 2 days ago
- Sizmek buys Rocket Fuel for $145m 2 days ago
- Industry Profile: Ikon programmatic director Sarah Melrose 2 days ago
- The changing face of agencies 3 days ago
- PubMatic pushes programmatic with Cam Dinnie hire 3 days ago
- 'Our growth just expands the market'; Netflix members soar in Q2 3 days ago
- News Bulletin: Ninja dominates, Tonic staffs up, Bastion Collective poaches from DDB 3 days ago
- TV, outdoor and cinema media bookings grow in non-govt categories 3 days ago
- Who is Father Bob Maguire and why should you care? 3 days ago
- Yahoo7 tackles viewability with site overhaul 3 days ago
- Judge rules in favour of Seven West Media, Harrison ordered to pay legal costs 3 days ago
- Subscriber backlash as Game of Thrones sends Foxtel into meltdown 3 days ago
- Is there a viewability crisis in out of home? 3 days ago
- AdNews Podcast Live Edition: Transparency in agency and client relationships 4 days ago
- Ninja pulls 2.5m for Sunday - its biggest audience to date 4 days ago