Super Bowl 2018 round-up: All the big game's ads 21 hours ago
Sports fans and lovers of advertising, boy do we have a wrap up for you. We’ll be regularly updating this story with all the best commercials from the Super Bowl 2018 that you need to see.
Mastercard celebrates the 'traditions' of Happy Slam
Mastercard's Australian Open campaign takes the Mickey out of more formal tennis settings.
Audi's new film looks like a Disney takeover of Octane Island
This mash up of Disney classics with Supercheap Auto's Octane Island grunt aims to challenge gender stereotypes.
Coke continues to chase teens with multimillion-dollar campaign
Coca-Cola is targeting teens with its 'Epic Summer' campaign that sees the brand launch a new TV commercial, a wearable label and overhaul the iconic Kings Cross billboard.
Does Facebook’s new era spark the death of social media agencies?
The rapid drop in brand reach following the Facebook News Feed update could have a detrimental impact on the social media manager role within digital agencies.
AdNews Annual: Rules of engagement
“The frenzy and excitement of an unregulated market is giving way to solutions to the problems.”
AdNews Annual: Bad characters and poor information
“This is in contrast to an era when some greedy leaders forgot about our clients and put themselves first. A time when bad character gave our industry a bad name.”
Mars launches $4.4bn global media review 21 hours ago
Mars is planning to consolidate media buying and planning into one global agency. In Australia, MediaCom handles media buying and planning of the $50m account.
Movers & Shakers: Fairfax, Bohemia, Ikon 23 hours ago
The New Year has kicked off with a bang and of course, some people moves. Check out the latest from Datalicious, Fairfax, GoDaddy and more.
Brands see huge reach drop following Facebook News Feed update 3 days ago
Brands and social media agencies call crisis meetings as they begin to feel the impact of Facebook's News Feed update, seeing drops of more than 50% in reach.
YouTube overhauls advertising criteria in wake of Logan Paul scandal yesterday
The video platform has made it tougher for creators to monetise content on the platform in measures designed to reassure advertisers. It is also reviewing all Google Preferred videos in the wake of the Logan Paul saga.
Amazon Music to launch in February 20 hours ago
Since Amazon’s arrival, it is fast extending its reach into Australia. Now comes the launch of this music streaming service.
Fremantle Media CEO Ian Hogg exits 21 hours ago
Ian Hogg, the long-time CEO of Fremantle Media Australia, has exited after nearly a decade with the production company.
Ten to launch I'm A Celebrity companion series on Facebook 22 hours ago
The 10-part series Edge of Jungle will take a behind the scenes look at what happens before celebrities enter the jungle and after they leave. It is sponsored by KFC and is hosted by The Loop's Scott Tweedie.
BMF names Cam Blackley's replacement 22 hours ago
BMF has promoted creative director Alex Derwin to lead the agency's creative team, following the shock departure of Cam Blackley last year.
Coad launches first barb as Big Clash teams shape up 22 hours ago
Big Clash banter is heating up as sides from media agencies, creative agencies, media owners and tech firms step up training ahead of the first tournament in February.
In other news...
- Industry Profile: Quantcast MD Andrew Double 23 hours ago
- Today is the last day to enter AdNews Agency of the Year Awards 23 hours ago
- Media agencies welcome Facebook update in fight against fake news yesterday
- Aussie brands and publishers get on board with Amazon Echo yesterday
- Facebook move could suggest separate News Feed for publishers 2 days ago
- First look program unveiled for Media + Marketing Summit Sydney 2 days ago
- SCA zones in on digital sports content, invests $5m in OVO Mobile 2 days ago
- Outdoor industry reports eighth consecutive year of growth 2 days ago
- Less than half of multichannel ad campaigns are effective, warns study 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: Hungry Jack's backs eSports; Jenny Williams' new CMO role 2 days ago
- Publishers push apps and own assets in wake of Facebook shake-up 2 days ago
- Young Guns: AppNexus technical client manager Erika Milton 2 days ago
- Expedia consolidates global creative into Saatchi & Saatchi 2 days ago
- Adam Furness takes APAC MD spot at Impact Radius 3 days ago
- New GoDaddy marketer to spearhead ANZ growth 3 days ago
- BWM Dentsu wins HCF, first work revealed 3 days ago
- Bupa’s new direction celebrates miraculous life 3 days ago
- Ikon managing partner defects to rival OMD 3 days ago
- Nissan puts brakes on Dentsu, moves to Omnicom 3 days ago
- Nine's ODI coverage dominates Sunday night ratings 4 days ago
- The Guardian to save millions after digital redesign and print shake-up 4 days ago
- Cadbury axes 'joy' brand platform early, pivots global positioning 4 days ago
- ‘Media is collateral damage’ - publishers respond to Facebook’s News Feed changes 4 days ago
- YouTube boots Logan Paul from Google Preferred 4 days ago
- Technology is changing advertising, so we’ve added an award to recognise it 4 days ago
- News Bulletin: Datalicious CEO Bartens exits for NYC, Eyres joins ASB board 4 days ago