BMF's Cam Blackley joins M&C Saatchi as chief creative officer 6 hours ago
Cam Blackley is joining M&C Saatchi after three years at BMF.
Bodyform celebrated for showing period blood in ad
"We believe that like any other taboo, the more people see it, the more normal the subject becomes."
DDI relaunches Laser Clinics Australia to differentiate from copycats
Laser Clinics Australia is reframing its brand to stand out from a category of copycats and take a more emotional stance.
With Collective New Zealand reveals first work for ASB Bank
With Collective has unveiled its first work for ASB Bank, its foundation client in New Zealand.
Trust: The mother of invention
Without trust, invention cannot happen and without invention, we’re all fucked, argues One Green Bean's Carl Ratcliff.
Method to madness: Making ads for Airtasker
Arron Child takes a look at how the agency applied insights from decision sciences to exceed all metrics for Airtasker’s 'Like A Boss' campaign.
#MeToo and Weinstein - the advertising edition
The Weinstein scandal is having a monumental impact beyond the film industry. More women in Hollywood are speaking up each day. It's time to end the silence in advertising.
Wil Anderson says big businesses are 'ruining' podcasts 8 hours ago
"Podcasting was a brilliant space where you could be genuinely creative. Now the major businesses are coming in and ruining everything and podcasts are being taken from a cool, niche community to being this big, commercial thing,” Wil Anderson says.
Getting out of town and rethinking regional media and marketing 10 hours ago
More than a third of Australia’s population live in regional areas, but regional marketing doesn’t get a third of the attention or budget. It’s plagued by outdated perceptions and brands are missing huge opportunities.
Movers and Shakers: Carat, Clemenger, DDB, APN Outdoor 10 hours ago
From Dion Appel's resignation from DDB to ex-Ten boss James Warburton getting back in the media game, it's been a big week in adland.
OMD and PHD dominate the MFA awards: See all the 2017 winners 19 hours ago
Omnicom Media Group pair OMD and PHD Media picked up the most award wins in this year's MFA Awards, while WPP bespoke agency GTB Australia wins MFA Grand Prix for Ford Ranger work.
Industry Profile: Hypetap CEO Detch Singh yesterday
"There is a lot out of data out there which ticks the box but doesn’t actually show real value" - this week we hear from Detch Singh, who founded influencer marketing business Hypetap.
72andSunny Amsterdam: The least parochial place in advertising yesterday
On a recent trip through Europe, AdNews journalist Lindsay Bennett called into some of the continent’s most vibrant ad agencies in London, Berlin and Amsterdam to see how their culture influences their work.
Sheba Nandkeolyar to reveal secrets of multicultural marketing via ground-breaking Telstra work yesterday
Nandkeolyar will share best practices and learnings from her agency’s work building brand equity among multicultural audiences for Telstra over the past five years at AdNews Live: Reframing Australia.
M&C Saatchi cancels marriage equality benefit gig yesterday
M&C Saatchi has been forced to cancel its marriage equality benefit due to poor ticket sales and issues with corporate sponsorship.
Spark Foundry hires Fagerlund as national strategy lead yesterday
The Publicis Media agency has appointed a former Leo Burnette Sydney strategy director to lead national strategy.
In other news...
- Sean Cummins returns to Australia following New York stint yesterday
- The Media Store relocates staff and begins Melbourne recruitment drive yesterday
- 72andSunny Sydney reveals first work for Google yesterday
- Andy Pontin to step down as Clemenger Sydney CEO yesterday
- Women's Health unveils 'premium' site as traffic soars 48% yesterday
- Publicis boss Andrew Baxter recognised for contribution to marketing at excellence awards yesterday
- Creative review: Are banned ads actually bad? 2 days ago
- Is there a Weinstein of advertising? Cindy Gallop is calling for names 2 days ago
- Tom Goodwin's tips for companies to thrive in a post-digital age 2 days ago
- Lisa Messenger backs print, but cuts Collective Hub to bi-monthly 2 days ago
- Carat’s Ashley Earnshaw to lead investment at Amplifi 2 days ago
- Welcome to Octane Island: Supercheap Auto’s epic action movie 2 days ago
- Nine refutes reports The Footy Show axed 3 days ago
- 'Navigating the wild': Ex-Campaign Palace exec forms new agency 3 days ago
- Focus on long-term emotional ads or risk 'throwing marketing on the bonfire' 3 days ago
- Young Guns: AWARD School winner Tom Lawrence 3 days ago
- Unilever on data privacy, control and delusion 3 days ago
- Dogs, dildos and designer dresses: Six lessons from Three UK CMO 3 days ago
- Government's media reforms rubber stamped by Parliament 3 days ago
- Mamamia signs deal with Cricket Australia for Women’s Big Bash League 3 days ago
- AANA to review funding model and self-regulation 3 days ago
- Cross-media measurement currently a 'nice to have'; better alignment needed 3 days ago
- APN Outdoor names ex-Ten boss James Warburton as CEO 3 days ago
- 'Monetising content across multiple platforms is our future' - Nine CEO 3 days ago
- CUB CMO Richard Oppy cracks open Carlton Draught’s return to TV 3 days ago
- AJF Partnership promotes Jayne Brady to general manager 3 days ago