AdNews top 10 most read news stories of 2017 17 hours ago
This year has been dramatic, globally, locally and politically. It’s been a roller coaster in media and marketing too. Check out our top 10 most read stories of the year, from breastfeeding to The Bachelor.
New campaign highlights the abuse of retail workers
If you've ever worked in retail, this campaign will hit home for you.
Finder backs BBL, launches $15m ad campaign
The $15 million “Find Better” ad features new-style creative and celebrates the endless pursuit of 'finding better'.
PHD and R/GA launches data-led outdoor campaign for Google
Google asks 'How many quokka selfies is too many?' in a new outdoor campaign hitting Australia.
Eight social media trends to watch in 2018
16K Agency founder James Towers predicts that disruption, artificial intelligence, augmented reality and the death of organic reach will all shape social media in 2018.
Murdoch, the seller?!
"For the first time in his life Rupert is selling rather than buying. Given leopards rarely change their spots, it’s interesting to speculate as to why this may be," says Speed CEO Ian Perrin.
Smart cities, new trading models and automation - out of home predictions 2018
Posterscope managing director Bryan Magee predicts that OOH is set to become a billion dollar channel in 2018. He hones in on the trends, technology and market factors predicted for Australia in 2018.
AdNews Podcast Live Edition: Advice for brands on reaching mainstream ethnic communities 15 hours ago
A special edition of the AdNews Podcast recorded at AdNews Live! Reframing Australia. A panel of experts offer practical advice for tacking a marketing challenge to reach diverse communities.
Leo Burnett Sydney lands Emirates creative account 17 hours ago
Emirates has returned to the Publicis Groupe, with Leo Burnett Sydney winning the sizeable account. Incumbent Y&R has worked with the airline since 2012.
Don’t leave it until the last minute - start your AdNews Agency of the Year entry now 17 hours ago
January seems a long way off but the deadline will be here before you know it.
Bots, bitcoin and slaves to the algorithm - ad tech predictions for 2018 19 hours ago
From Accenture, Google, Forrester, Grapeshot, Pacific Magazines and Gumtree, to Amobee, Amnet, Publicis Media, Sizmek, Nine, Rubicon, MCN, Adobe and even a couple of ad tech startups such as Publift, check out the AdNews 2018 ad tech predictions.
Industry Profile: Yahoo7 national director data and platforms, Ben Green 20 hours ago
He's into conspiracy theories and connected TV and while he didn’t get into law, he loves adland as it’s the "perfect marriage of creativity and my inner nerd". Meet our latest Industry Profile.
OPSM moves from Marcel to VCCP 3 days ago
OPSM has moved from Marcel to VCCP as part of a global alignment of its creative roster from owner, Luxottica.
CommBank seeks new marketing boss as Shortt exits 3 days ago
CommBank's most senior marketing role is now vacant as Vittoria Shortt takes on the CEO role at New Zealand bank ASB.
News Bulletin: Hamish & Andy stay with SCA – for podcasts, Profero boss exits 3 days ago
In news: SCA keeps Hamish and Andy on the books, MullenLowe Profero global CEO exits.
The digital media black hole: A look at ad spend and bookings through Google and Facebook 3 days ago
Analysis: Ad industry forecasts suggests Facebook and Google hoover up more than 80% of digital media spend in Australia, but the numbers don't seem to add up with what the pair claim in ad sales.
In other news...
- Seven taps into video 'explosion'; inks 'significant' Optus sports deal 3 days ago
- Murdoch sells 21st Century Fox to Disney in major media merger 3 days ago
- The AdNews top 10 global ads of 2017 3 days ago
- Movers & Shakers: Ten, Clemenger, Stan, Wavemaker 3 days ago
- Young Guns: ARN network activation manager Alana Meadows 3 days ago
- RhythmOne APAC MD Adam Furness to exit 4 days ago
- Nine poaches Initiative Perth boss Clive Bingwa 4 days ago
- Industry Profile: Clemenger Sydney head of integrated production Denise McKeon 4 days ago
- Sunita Gloster to leave Ten; Annabelle Herd promoted to COO 4 days ago
- Clemenger promotes Nick Garrett to joint Sydney and Melbourne CEO 4 days ago
- City of Sydney outdoor tender eyes smart street furniture and free Wi-Fi 4 days ago
- Myspace marketer's programmatic ad firm lists on ASX 4 days ago
- Brent Smart on making his first ad as a CMO 4 days ago
- Why content you can’t Google is shaping Pause 2018 4 days ago
- Influencer company Nuffnang withdraws from Australia 4 days ago
- News Bulletin: Ten creates COO role, YouGov buys Galaxy 4 days ago
- Di Richardson returns from IPG US for top OMD Melbourne job 4 days ago
- Fairfax, News Corp and Nine join forces to fight digital duopoly 4 days ago
- Christmas ads 2017 round-up: Watch the festive best from around the world 4 days ago
- AdNews Podcast Live Edition: The Monkeys and MLA talk diversity 5 days ago
- 'Addressability, Amazon and voice assistants' - media predictions for 2018 5 days ago
- Half of marketers are just ‘making it up’ claims Marketo 5 days ago
- The AdNews top 10 Australian ads of 2017 5 days ago
- Zenith: Digital 'brand experience' catches up with ad spend 5 days ago
- Guardian Australia hunts MD as CEO Ian McClelland returns to UK 5 days ago
- The wheels are off as Coke’s festive truck slammed again 5 days ago