Media buying: Are we at breaking point? 7 hours ago
As the ANA report spotlight is shone on transparency and digital trading, there's a bigger concern brewing – the sustainability of the media buying ecosystem.
Helga’s celebrates the little things
Helga’s is celebrating little acts of kindness in its new campaign by AJF Partnership Sydney.
Rigney: Fake tradie
AdNews' cartoonist draws his thoughts on the latest industry and national happenings.
Harley-Davidson targets millennials with Instagram campaign
Harley-Davidson has mixed up its messaging with a social media campaign that taps into the Instagram trends of surfing, food and travel.
Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil
Is it a case of eat, sleep, ignore, repeat when it comes to the media agency saga around transparency, or has the other side of the coin flipped to a more worrying afterthought?
How corrupt are big media agencies? Reviewing the evidence
How big of an issue could unethical or illegal business practices in agencies be? Nico Nuemann reviews recent media history under the lens of this question.
People don't buy products, they buy relevant experiences for ‘me’
Brands delivering relevance for 'me' will create personal pleasure which, ultimately, leads to purchase.
Tennis Australia appoints new media agency 58 minutes ago
Tennis Australia has appointed Zenith as its new media agency following a competitive tender process.
Expect more Junkee-style deals in outdoor's hunger for content 7 hours ago
Ooh!Media's acquisition of youth publisher a sign of things to come as outdoor companies add more engaging content to their digital armoury, industry experts tell AdNews.
Creative shop The Works to cover staff childcare costs 7 hours ago
Independent agency The Works has committed to contribute to childcare costs for staff returning to work after having kids.
Grey London's leadership exits suddenly 6 hours ago
Nils Leonard, Grey's CCO and chairman, CEO Lucy Jameson and MD Natalie Graeme have all exited. AdNews sat down with them in Cannes ahead of the news breaking and talked making things beyond ads and the industry getting too 'comfortable'.
News Bulletin: Game of Thrones finale breaks ratings record; UnLtd raises $37k 7 hours ago
In news today: UnLtd raises $37k at the fifth annual UnLtd Cup; Game of Thrones finale breaks ratings record, and Cadreon takes digital catalogues into programmatic.
Free TV calls for "outdated" blackout laws to be abolished 8 hours ago
The lobby group says election blackout laws unfairly target free-to-air TV and are no longer relevant.
Case Study: Facebook’s impact on Country Road in-store 23 hours ago
For every $1 spent on Facebook advertising, Country Road generated an additional $18.20 in revenue of which $15.40 was attributed to bricks and mortar stores.
A digital marketer at the helm – new IAB CEO's next step 10 hours ago
“There's so much potential in digital and something that is immediately clear is that the industry needs to collaborate.”
'Disturbing' Bonds' ad and 'violent' M&Ms spot under fire yesterday
M&Ms, Bonds, Ultra Tune, Wicked Camper’s and realestate.com.au have all been called into question in the latest rulings from the advertising watchdog.
In other news...
- Sorrell to review how WPP participates in "oversized" Cannes 8 hours ago
- Industry Profile: Torstar Communications founder, Tory Archbold 6 hours ago
- Media Summit Video: The Investment Outlook 10 hours ago
- Watchdog: Is Motorola's flip phone really returning? 10 hours ago
- Media Summit Video: A Future Without Paid Media yesterday
- Sports broadcasting veteran joins Dentsu's MKTG yesterday
- MediaCom recruits new digital lead from EY yesterday
- News Bulletin: Google to teach kids how to code; Emirates partners with Hoyts yesterday
- Guvera places two subsidiaries in voluntary administration; cuts jobs yesterday
- Former SCA digital lead Vijay Solanki named IAB CEO yesterday
- Creative Focus: Now with added scam yesterday
- Traditional TV not the way to target millennials - Vice strategist yesterday
- Media Summit Video: Digital Reality Check 2 days ago
- Aussies take 71 Lions in total – ranking fourth in the world 2 days ago
- Ogilvy and Mather wins Network of the Year at Cannes 2 days ago
- Tabcorp retains OMD and Atomic as media agencies 2 days ago
- Qantas jets onto Snapchat 2 days ago
- 'Agencies need to stop apologising' - says MediaCom director 2 days ago
- GroupM’s Rob Norman: Snapchat’s crackle could pop Facebook-Google duopoly 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: AOL chases Yahoo merger; Monkeys creative heads to Zoo; New X Factor Aus host 2 days ago
- Amazon to add dozens more brands to dash buttons 2 days ago
- Australia wins metal in Film, Film Craft, Integrated 3 days ago
- Host’s #AirlineWager wins trophy in Entertainment Lions 4 days ago
- Creativity can’t have a 'paint-by-numbers' approach: Bruce McColl 4 days ago
- BBDO pulls scam Lion winning work, says agencies are like ‘street junkies’ for awards 4 days ago
- Big six ad networks throw rivalry aside for global sustainability 4 days ago