How Saatchi & Saatchi brought MercerBell 'out of the wilderness' 20 hours ago
MercerBell was a customer experience agency before CX was cool. Now as the trend explodes and with the backing of its parent company, Saatchi & Saatchi, MercerBell is preparing to open in Melbourne and toying with the idea of a New Zealand shop.
Jerry Seinfeld and Ellen DeGeneres ruin Netflix shows in new ad
The joke is on Netflix.
The University of Sydney encourages students to question the world
The University of Sydney is taking a new approach, encouraging students to 'Unlearn'.
Adults go crazy over artificial colours in latest Aldi spot
No artificial colours, no worries.
An ROI focus gives marketers the right to invest in brand building
In response to Peter Field's recent talk, Quantium chair Tony Davis says a focus on ROI is important to earn the right to spend on long-term activities, and targeting allows marketers to balance sales and brand building activities.
What do Facebook's ad-buying updates mean for marketers?
There has been some Gordon Ramsey-esque insults thrown at Facebook's ad-buying tools, but 16K Agency founder James Towers argues there are better optimisations and features just around the corner.
How to avoid your ads appearing on Breitbart
Prominent Australian brands quickly pulled their ads from Breitbart last week after their programmatic ad buy landed them on the right-wing site. Grapeshot provides a step-by-step guide on how to make sure it doesn't happen to you.
Foxtel's top marketer Mark Buckman to exit yesterday
Foxtel's managing director customer and retail Mark Buckman will follow Deanne Weir out of the pay TV company later this year.
Cannes Lions chairman Terry Savage calls out change in Aussie demographics 19 hours ago
The well known Sydney-based chairman explains why it is essential to acknowledge there is no 'average' Australian, ahead of AdNews Live: Reframing Australia event
One week left to enter the Australian Magazine Awards 21 hours ago
Don't miss out - get your entries in now.
Young Guns: Red Engine SCC social media manager Jade Waite 16 hours ago
She is named after a football team, is concerned with influencer marketing's ability to damage a brand and if she wasn't at Red Engine SCC, she'd be a pilot - meet our Young Gun of the week, Jade Waite.
Ten creditors back CBS deal 16 hours ago
A one-hour meeting of Ten’s creditors today have voted in favour of the proposed CBS acquisition, giving it the go ahead.
Hendrick’s dives into experiential marketing 16 hours ago
Hendrick’s Gin is pushing more budget towards experiential that brings the brand's quirky side to life.
IAG restructure sees marketing boss Merrick move on 20 hours ago
CMO Brent Smart, who took on the role in February, has put in place the major overhaul of the marketing strategy and structure designed to "set it up for success with future marketing initiatives".
Google and Clemenger creatives tackle diversity 20 hours ago
Two of Australia's leading female creatives have partnered to create a workshop to help creative agencies tackle diversity and help creative talent navigate the challenges of an industry dominated by white, straight men.
MLA escapes ban, ad cleared by watchdog despite appeal to government yesterday
Despite significant backlash from the Hindu community and an appeal to the Australian government, the most recent Meat and Livestock Australia ad has been cleared by the ad watchdog.
In other news...
- Supreme Court dismisses Murdoch-Gordon bid to halt Ten sale yesterday
- Do we need to drink beer? Canadian Club challenges the idea yesterday
- Cheap inventory costs digital media its reputation; Fairfax's Matt Rowley yesterday
- Is the MRC viewability standard short-changing brands? yesterday
- Big brand sponsors swoon to The Bachelorette yesterday
- 'Great female talent is out there'; The Hallway boosts Melbourne with CX boss yesterday
- News Bulletin: Industry bodies unite against Apple; AppNexus boss warns media sector yesterday
- Bauer CEO: 'We're a long way from dead' 4 days ago
- Simon Ryan: TV networks must deliver addressable advertising to remain relevant 4 days ago
- NRMA to drop M&C Saatchi for The Monkeys 4 days ago
- News Bulletin: Edith Cowan University adds Rare to roster; Multicultural awards open 4 days ago
- 'We now have a fighting chance': Industry weighs in on Media Reform 4 days ago
- Emotive same-sex marriage ad stole the show during The Bachelor 4 days ago
- The Bachelor finale pulls 1.1m viewers and the heart strings 4 days ago
- MercerBell opening Melbourne agency 4 days ago
- Simplifying the CX equation 4 days ago
- Movers and Shakers: Maxus, Clemenger, OMD 4 days ago
- Can a brand remain relevant without using social media? 5 days ago
- Industry Profile: GumGum publisher business development manager Nadine Livesey 5 days ago
- Gruen: Todd Sampson slams NBN ads as ‘boring’ and ‘waste of money’ 5 days ago
- It's no phase; podcasts on same trajectory as SVODs says SCA CEO 5 days ago
- Yaffa Media pedals home to win two Australian Event Awards 5 days ago
- Ad Contrarian: 'Marketing to young people is narcissism disguised as strategy' 5 days ago
- Clemenger Melbourne reveals new leadership following Paul McMillan exit 5 days ago
- News Bulletin: Martin Sorrell joins Twitter; Schneider Electric appoints Bohemia 5 days ago
- Reframing Australia: What does an ‘ordinary’ Australian family look like? 5 days ago