Kerry Stokes takes jab at Nine/Fairfax merger 4 hours ago
Seven West Media chairman Kerry Stokes has criticised the Nine/Fairfax mega-merger in the company's AGM, stating it lacked "responsibility of corporate citizens" and appeared they had simply gotten "married at first sight".
Calypso Mangoes welcomes summer with ‘irresistible’ new campaign
Calypso Mangoes’ 2018 summer season campaign raises a tough question – would you share your last mango?
Ovary-reaction needed to beat Australia’s deadliest female cancer
Ovarian Cancer Australia urges people to rally for Australia’s most deadly female cancer in its latest campaign.
David Jones celebrates Christmas with elegance
David Jones adopted a classical style for its Christmas celebrations this year.
What the Honey Badger taught me about mental health
Instead of telling tales from the Bachie mansion, The Honey Badger opted to share his single-minded mission to tackle mental health among Australian men. Here's what PHD's Chloe Hooper took away from the session.
The future of planning
BWM Dentsu's Moensie Rossier and Jamie Mackay believe 2020 will herald a planning-led creative renaissance and see marketers shift back to long-term brand building.
Making financial marketing relevant again
Whether it’s fair or not, the finance industry has a reputation for using lofty language, opaque jargon, boring, cliched visuals and generally just dry content. Elly Clark, who co-founded financial services specialist agency Yell, looks at alternative advertising approaches that won't get consumers offside.
Hugh Marks: Old enemies are new frenemies 4 hours ago
Media partnerships are the way of the future and essential to competing with global tech players like Facebook and Google, according to Nine CEO Hugh Marks.
Major holding groups cleared by Department of Justice into post production practices 3 hours ago
All five agency holding companies subpoenaed by the Department of Justice have been cleared following a probe into their video production and post production practices.
MediaCom CEO on the art of great leadership 4 hours ago
A self-described “off the charts” extrovert, MediaCom CEO Willie Pang discussed the art of great leadership at the recent AdNews Lessons in Leadership event.
REA CEO Tracey Fellows to take global News Corp role 2 hours ago
REA Group CEO Tracey Fellows will exit the real estate business to take on a new role with News Corp in New York.
Soap GM Rebecca Supanovich exits for client-side role 2 hours ago
Soap general manager Rebecca Supanovich has departed the agency for a client-side role at marketing software business Lexer, AdNews can reveal.
Ten extends MotoGP broadcast deal 2 hours ago
Network Ten has extended its agreement with Dorna Sports to broadcast the motorcycle racing FIM World Championship, MotoGP for the next three years.
Dentsu Aegis Network global CEO Jerry Buhlmann exits 3 hours ago
After nine years as Dentsu Aegis Network global CEO, Jerry Buhlmann is stepping down and will be replaced by Tim Andree at the end of the year.
The new Agency of the Year categories - and why we have changed them yesterday
Overall less categories - four NEW categories - two overhauled categories - find out how you can enter here.
Woolworths fights back against Coles Little Shop with recyclable collection range yesterday
Woolworths is seeking to capitalise on the collectables craze that saw Coles boost its sales with its own Christmas collectables range.
In other news...
- Christmas ads 2018 round-up: Watch the festive best from around the world yesterday
- GroupM global digital boss reveals key social media changes for 2019 yesterday
- Tim Worner fires back at claims Seven has ageing audience yesterday
- Former Unruly boss enters partnership with influencer marketing platform yesterday
- Traits of an agency CEO: introversion, extroversion and authenticity yesterday
- M&C Saatchi's Greenhouse opening in New Zealand to service Countdown yesterday
- Better Indigenous representation needed in advertising industry yesterday
- Kirsty Muddle named Cummins&Partners Sydney MD as Dan Ingall exits yesterday
- Australia’s Yellow Tail returning to Super Bowl in 2019 yesterday
- Industry Profile: Wavemaker head of SEO & CRO Miki Clarke yesterday
- Family and food the focus of Woolworths 2018 Christmas ad 2 days ago
- Big Red Group scales with acquisition of experience-focused Adrenaline 2 days ago
- Initiative Perth appointed to Lotterywest account 2 days ago
- How Asahi Super Dry is competing with the thirst for craft beer 2 days ago
- Myer gives parents the power of Santa in Christmas campaign 2 days ago
- Accenture Interactive co-founder: Experience is the battleground for marketers 2 days ago
- Radio ratings: Kyle and Jackie O continue growth following return to top spot 2 days ago
- Allianz quietly reverts to 'Ahhh...llianz' tagline 2 days ago
- Guthrie accuses Milne of 'inappropriate touching' in explosive investigation 2 days ago
- Delicious makes play for travel sector in latest brand refresh 2 days ago
- Ultra Tune recruits Charlie Sheen for upcoming ad campaign 3 days ago
- VB steps outside traditional advertising with move into merch 3 days ago
- Remaining sweet for a century: Behind Whittaker's marketing strategy 3 days ago
- Aldi reveals epic ode to Australian outback for Christmas 3 days ago
- MCN grows programmatic offering with 'Australian first' 3 days ago
- HuffPost Australia to be revived as Oath officially launches 3 days ago