Fairfax in immediate ASX trading halt fuelling Domain spin-off rumours 22 hours ago
Fairfax Media has requested a trading halt sparking more speculation it's set to spin-off its real estate business Domain.
Triple M taps celebs for new ads
The campaign features Jimmy Barnes, The Living End and Sting.
Spotify trolls users' bizarre playlist names
Users created playlists titled 'sorry I lost your cat' and 'play this at my funeral'.
BWM Dentsu signals a bold new direction for Toyota
Toyota is aiming to appeal to a new generation of buyers with an SUV set to stand out in a cluttered category.
Why we’re all to blame for fake news
“Every nation gets the government it deserves, perhaps so too do we get the news we deserve," ponders Atomic 212 CEO Jason Dooris.
The future of broadcasting and the dwindling appeal of traditional linear TV
"The traditional linear television window is, in the aggregate, losing its appeal and revenue streams are changing course," argues Accenture’s Scott Dinsdale. But what now?
Media companies are like leaky buckets
Media companies are like leaky buckets constantly trying to fill holes in the great talent drain, but it doesn’t have to be that way says Maxus Sydney strategy director Drew Usher.
MLA's Mardi Gras float set to be racking and rumping 17 hours ago
MLA is giving LGBTQI people from across the country the opportunity to feature in the Mardi Gras parade through a digital billboard.
Why digitally savvy Domain throws weight behind grand print offering 19 hours ago
Domain chief editorial and marketing officer Melina Cruickshank admits that the business knew it needed its print assets to catch up with its thriving social and branded content divisions.
Brands get behind netball as opening round reaches 850k viewers 21 hours ago
The opening round of Super Netball reached 850,000 Australians and the sport is on track to increase its corporate backing by 150%. Nine and Netball Australia share their views on the opening round.
MasterFoods and Clemenger on emotive ads and long-term brand building 21 hours ago
Brand marketing director Tim Hicks says you have to move people to entertain and it takes a solid client and creative relationship to move away from product-led advertising.
Experts warn: 'brand safety on YouTube impossible to guarantee' 22 hours ago
Media buyers and owners warn brand safety on YouTube can ot be guaranteed as AdNews discovers more local brand ads placed against radical Islamic preachers, including Optus, Energy Australia, Unilever and Pizza Hut.
Rebelo, Geertz and Baxter promoted in Publicis restructure 23 hours ago
Publicis Communications is restructuring the Australian management of Saatchis, Leo Burnett and Publicis Worldwide in the wake of global CEO Arthur Sadoun taking over from Maurice Levy.
News Bulletin: Snap Specs available online; Uber investigates sexual harassment yesterday
In news today: Snapchat Spectacles are available online; Uber CEO launches ‘urgent’ investigation sexual harassment claims; The Oscars hit new heights with ad revenue, Sarah Ellen fronts Bonds.
ARN hires ex-SCA and mi9 director as chief commercial officer yesterday
Former radio and mi9 director Emma-Jayne Owens joins the network in the newly-created role of chief commercial officer. ARN’s Brian Blacklock leaves after 36 years.
Ad Tech 101: Conversion Rate Optimisation Sponsored
ANZ MD of global CRO and tech firm VE Ashley Wales-Brown takes a look at the key pointers the industry needs to know about conversion rate optimisation.
In other news...
- University of Melbourne wins out of home creative grand prix yesterday
- OohMedia's digital transformation drives strong 20% growth yesterday
- M&C Saatchi Bohemia deal cuts all ties with WPP yesterday
- Samsung aims to grow stake in B2B market with emotive campaign yesterday
- News Bulletin: Zuckerberg's manifesto; Kraft/Unilever merger talks; Menulog hits Bondi yesterday
- Retailers brace, but consumers more than ready for Amazon yesterday
- Photo Gallery: Agency stars turn out for Big Clash cricket bash 4 days ago
- Lottoland ad banned for celebrating gambling addiction 4 days ago
- Major brands to pull ad funding following mass magazine audit exits 4 days ago
- Charity cricket Big Clash raises $65k as agencies defend title 4 days ago
- 'Not the right person' - Free TV CEO swiftly exits 4 days ago
- Marketing Dividends: Tourism Australia CMO on competition, content and attribution 4 days ago
- Movers and Shakers: Toyota, Facebook, DDB, Fairfax 4 days ago
- 'Urgent changes needed' - Ten CEO on TV's very uncertain future 5 days ago
- Meet the team: R/GA Sydney 5 days ago
- Young Gun: AOL ANZ head of operations, Mark Serhan 5 days ago
- AdNews Agency of the Year finalists revealed 5 days ago
- Telstra's NPS score plummets following network disruptions 5 days ago
- What marketing execs can expect to get paid 5 days ago
- Long-serving Toyota CMO Brad Cramb exits 5 days ago
- News Bulletin: Blue 449 wins insurance client 5 days ago
- ‘It’s madness creative and media are separate’: M&C Saatchi CEO 5 days ago
- Facebook unmutes and launches TV app 6 days ago
- DDB restructures and names new MD 6 days ago
- M&C Saatchi buys Bohemia 6 days ago
- Jaguar Land Rover reviews global media agency 6 days ago