AANA's John Broome: 'Marketers must take back control from procurement' yesterday
The AANA boss wants marketers to be more accountable for media spend, pay agencies fairly and invest in media owners that adhere to higher standards: “We have a responsibility to make sure we understand what we are spending our money on.”
Drew Barrymore returns for Crocs with a big song and dance
Drew Barrymore is heading to Broadway. Unfortunately, she will be wearing crocs on the stage.
Aldi ties up with BMF
BMF reveals the next iteration of its ongoing 'Epic Reminders' campaign.
BMW plans to trap audiences with latest Vice collaboration
The campaign will tap into various new pieces of tech, making the experience more complex and interactive.
How branding is evolving in the Time's Up era
WhiteGrey Sydney group strategy director Lynn Clift deconstructs the changing nature of branding in the Time's Up era. 'Will agencies step ahead of the curve when it comes to the next great wave of change?" she asks.
Three things that gave me hope at SXSW
In a male dominated industry, One Green Bean's Kat Topp found hope in the number of powerful women that donned the stage at this year's SXSW.
The reverse brief: What aviators can teach advertisers
"Communications professionals can learn a lot from aviation. No other industry examines its mistakes in such detail and is as effective in avoiding repeated errors. No other industry deals with as many moving parts in a time-critical environment."
How branding is evolving in the Time's Up era yesterday
WhiteGrey Sydney group strategy director Lynn Clift deconstructs the changing nature of branding in the...
Movers & Shakers: Domain, Seven, Publicis, JWT, Dentsu yesterday
In job shakeups: APN Outdoor appoints Telstra exec; Aussie Travis Johnson joins Dentsu New York; WhiteGrey MD departs; Matt Eastwood exits JWT; Seven promotes Natalie Harvey; new Cannes Lion chairman; Publicis Groupe restructures and more.
Anthony Gregorio named Saatchi & Saatchi CEO 2 days ago
Former Havas boss Anthony Gregorio has joined Saatchi & Saatchi as CEO as Michael Rebelo shifts his focus to leading Publicis Communications.
P&G's Pritchard wants to stamp out 'wasteful mass marketing' yesterday
P&G marketing boss Marc Pritchard wants to ditch 'wasteful mass marketing' and focus media investment on channels that deliver 'mass one-to-one brand building'. However, marketers from Telstra and Unilever said there's a role for mass marketing.
AFL turns Clemenger Melbourne ads into TV show yesterday
Following the successful launch of the AFL’s new creative platform ‘Don’t Believe in Never’, Channel Seven has commissioned the AFL and Clemenger BBDO Melbourne to produce a 30-minute TV program.
Top WooliesX marketer joins Heart Foundation yesterday
Former Visa, MasterCard and WooliesX marketer, Chris Taylor, is charged with developing a single marketing function for the national body.
What podcasts are media execs listening to? yesterday
Need a new podcast? We've got eight you need to download now.
Media outlets fail to defend Bauer in Rebel Wilson appeal yesterday
Media rivals Nine, Seven, Fairfax, News Corp, Macquarie Media and the ABC have been knocked back in their attempt to fight against Hollywood star Rebel Wilson’s record $4.5 million defamation payout.
Indie shop Kaimera wins $3m Knight Frank media pitch yesterday
The account was contested in a four-way pitch with Kaimera selected to handle all brand and service line campaign media including strategy, consulting, planning and buying.
In other news...
- Young Guns: Clemenger BBDO Sydney senior account manager Jess Peters 2 days ago
- Digital viewability standard could move to 100% pixels in 2018 - MRC 2 days ago
- Married at First Sight finale most watched show of the year 2 days ago
- Zuckerberg: 'We breached the trust of users over Cambridge Analytica' 2 days ago
- Consultancies: Corporate clones, or industry darlings? 2 days ago
- Does radio have a marketing problem? 2 days ago
- 'Disgraceful' CUB ad banned for discrimination against rangas 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: Cannes Lions names new chairman; Thinkerbell lands account 3 days ago
- Carat wins $10m Beacon Lighting media pitch 3 days ago
- Why HCF axed its CMO role and appointed BWM Dentsu 3 days ago
- Cambridge Analytica scandal 'another nail in the coffin of trust' - Adam Ferrier 3 days ago
- Google’s $300m effort to assist publishers 3 days ago
- WPP pulls production out of creative agencies 3 days ago
- The new LinkedIn for women? Bumble Bizz launches in Australia with first Aussie ad 3 days ago
- DAN's performance marketing agency Merkle launches in Australia 4 days ago
- Seven promotes Natalie Harvey to succeed sales boss Adam Elliott 4 days ago
- Industry Profile: MediaCom GM Ben McCallum 4 days ago
- Cambridge Analytica techniques have 'a lot of cross over' with advertising 4 days ago
- APN Outdoor appoints Telstra exec as strategy and innovation chief 4 days ago
- How Cambridge Analytica harvested 60m Facebook profiles to influence the US election 4 days ago
- Aussie Travis Johnson joins Dentsu New York 4 days ago
- Amazon: The unstoppable force hitting Australian retailers 4 days ago
- Five brilliant branded podcasts 4 days ago
- Ooh!Media secures Qantas inflight advertising rights 4 days ago
- Photo gallery: AdNews Agency of the Year 2017 celebrations 4 days ago
- Heinz fined up to $1.1m for misleading marketing 4 days ago