Murdoch, rebates and women in adland: AdNews Archives go back to 1928 yesterday
AdNews has lived and breathed the weird and wonderful world of advertising since 1928. In 90 years, we've seen it all. In this new for 2018 feature we'll take you on a journey back in time. Just how different was it?
Seek creates TV show to air on Channel Nine
Employment marketplace Seek has launched a branded content series that showcases the possibilities of career change for Australians.
TAL takes to the air to help people
TAL partners with flying doctors to show it’s there for all Australians.
Mastercard celebrates the 'traditions' of Happy Slam
Mastercard's Australian Open campaign takes the Mickey out of more formal tennis settings.
AdNews Annual: Navigating a new era of trust
“We’re not perfect. but we are striving for safety and accuracy.”
AdNews Annual: Who can we trust?
"Let’s play a game, see if you can feel the word I am talking about before looking to the end," says Clemenger's James McGrath.
Why Facebook’s changes might not be bad for business
"We’ve become lazy on social media and now we’re feeling the consequences. From small businesses to digital agencies, too many of us have dropped the ball and it’s driving audiences away."
HSBC launches global media review 17 minutes ago
Mindshare has been placed on notice as the British banking giant reviews its global media buying and planning arrangement.
P&G plans further agency cuts as it brings more media buying in-house 1 hour ago
Procter & Gamble is planning to cut its agency roster by another 50% as it looks to “reinvent” its relationship with agencies and automate and in-house more media planning, buying and distribution.
Shell launches global agency review 1 hour ago
The global oil and gas giant has been with JWT for creative and a bespoke WPP agency, including MediaCom in Australia, for media over the past 20 years.
Seven and Ultra Tune asked to stop airing Mike Tyson ad yesterday
“Mike Tyson did time for rape. I would never use him in any sort of advertising campaign,” 3AW's Neil Mitchell said on his radio show today.
Catalano’s exit shook Domain's foundations, and its share price yesterday
Domain has been left on unstable foundations as CEO Antony Catalano, who built the business brick by brick, announced his shock departure.
The thirst behind Pernod Ricard's digital transformation yesterday
“We are positioning data to be the focus of all advertising,” says Pernod Ricard's digital lead in the US.
News Bulletin: IPG names Reprise CEO; Ooh! appoints CFO yesterday
In the news today: Former Isobar China lead Dr Grace Liu joins IPG Mediabrands. Sheila Lines joins Ooh! Media.
Murdoch makes a stand while Facebook admits it’s bad for democracy yesterday
In his latest scathing comment on the platform, Rupert Murdoch says Facebook's efforts so far are "inadequate commercially, socially and journalistically”. He wants it to pay for news content just as pay TV networks do.
Super Bowl 2018 round-up: All the big game's ads yesterday
Sports fans and lovers of advertising, boy do we have a wrap up for you. We’ll be regularly updating this story with all the best commercials from the Super Bowl 2018 that you need to see.
In other news...
- R/GA's Nick Law joins Publicis as chief creative officer yesterday
- Trusted news to prevail; Facebook hands ranking powers to users yesterday
- Emotive reveals 'cheeky' new work for Lynx yesterday
- News Bulletin: Y&R wins Alfa Romeo; Brands head into the jungle yesterday
- Ex-MullenLowe Profero and Razorfish execs launch startup to fix freelancer model yesterday
- Domain CEO Catalano in shock exit to ‘put family first’ yesterday
- Coca-Cola invests marketing budget in global recycling scheme 2 days ago
- Warner Brothers and Turner launch global SVOD service FilmStruck 2 days ago
- Andy Lark moves to Foxtel as CMO 2 days ago
- Amazon Music to launch in February 4 days ago
- Mars launches $4.4bn global media review 4 days ago
- Fremantle Media CEO Ian Hogg exits 4 days ago
- Ten to launch I'm A Celebrity companion series on Facebook 5 days ago
- BMF names Cam Blackley's replacement 5 days ago
- Coad launches first barb as Big Clash teams shape up 5 days ago
- Industry Profile: Quantcast MD Andrew Double 5 days ago
- Today is the last day to enter AdNews Agency of the Year Awards 5 days ago
- Movers & Shakers: Fairfax, Bohemia, Ikon 5 days ago
- Media agencies welcome Facebook update in fight against fake news 6 days ago
- Aussie brands and publishers get on board with Amazon Echo 6 days ago
- YouTube overhauls advertising criteria in wake of Logan Paul scandal 6 days ago
- Facebook move could suggest separate News Feed for publishers 6 days ago
- First look program unveiled for Media + Marketing Summit Sydney 6 days ago
- SCA zones in on digital sports content, invests $5m in OVO Mobile 6 days ago
- Outdoor industry reports eighth consecutive year of growth 6 days ago
- Less than half of multichannel ad campaigns are effective, warns study 6 days ago