Leader Profile: Cathy O’Connor on falling hard for radio 18 hours ago
More than a decade as CEO of radio giant Nova Entertainment and Cathy O’Connor still feels likes she’s in a new role. We speak with the top exec about her ‘meteoric’ rise, leadership, triathlons and more.
Victa helps Aussies ‘rediscover lawn joy’
The work targets a younger, tech savvy audience who typically have smaller gardens and lawns.
The Presets dip into user-generated lyric video
As part of a collaboration with Adobe Creative Cloud, fans of the The Presets receive the rare opportunity of being part of the band’s next video.
Campaign shows men what it’s like to ‘walk like a woman’
The ‘Walk like a Woman’ campaign is an immersive 3D soundscape recorded with a series of omni-directional microphones that lets men step into the shoes of women.
Should we engage influencers the same way we engage with radio personalities for advertising?
Blue 449 client executive Alice-Maree Raitt talks about the similarities between how radio hosts and influencers are perceived.
The Annual: 'If we are not truly creative then it's hard to be memorable'
"Creativity is the Holy Grail for us; when we get it right the response from our customers and our staff is overwhelming. We do get it wrong too and yes we do hear about it," says Bonds head of marketing Emily Small.
The halftime performance you almost definitely missed
Last week there were two significant global broadcast events. One we heard a lot about. Another, we largely ignored, says Initiative Australia partnerships executive Camille Gray.
Adland rivals to face off in UnLtd’s Big Clash 17 hours ago
It's game day! From MediaCom’s Ben McCallum and TBWA’s Paul Bradbury to GroupM's Venessa Hunt and PHD's Lucy Formosa-Morgan, rivalries will be put aside to raise funds for UnLtd and its charity partners.
Young Gun: Verizon Media insights analyst Evie Kennedy 12 hours ago
Evie Kennedy originally wanted to work with the UN before taking on a career in advertising.
Ex-WPP exec launches pitch consultancy 14 hours ago
Despite increasing procurement pressures facing agencies, pitching still remains "the life blood of our industry". However, it's about the best people and the value they can bring, says ex-longserving WPP exec Greg Graham.
Adam Ballesty to join Diageo-backed alcohol-free startup Seedlip 15 hours ago
Former Diageo and Foxtel marketer Adam Ballesty is set to join Seedlip as general manager - as the Diageo-backed brand looks to ramp up its presence in Australia and Asia.
SCA boasts radio growth as TV assets take a hit 15 hours ago
Podcasts and radio pack a punch for Southern Cross Austereo, with CEO Grant Blackley also boasting operating efficiencies and improved cost controls.
Australian ad agency ribbed online for "paid in exposure" email 15 hours ago
So far the Reddit post, detailing an email from "one of Australia’s largest advertising agencies”, has received more than 700 comments and 328,000 views, with most users attacking the agency for undervaluing their work.
Digital and publishing assets steady Nine in the 'difficult' FTA market 16 hours ago
Despite the "difficult" free-to-air market, Nine is building the "media business for the future". SVOD platform Stan is set for its first positive profit run-rate since launching and total cost synergies available are now up to $65m - not $50m as predicted.
Google tells ACCC it’s not a social media platform 16 hours ago
Google has rejected ACCC's idea of a body to oversee its algorithm and says it must not be treated the same as Facebook. Google CEO Silva says platforms such as Seek, Domain and REA have contributed to journalism’s loss of ad revenue.
Foxtel marketer Adam Ballesty exits yesterday
Foxtel's head of sport marketer Adam Ballesty has resigned from the business after six months.
In other news...
- OMA reveals changes to out of home revenue reporting yesterday
- Carat CMO joins LinkedIn yesterday
- QMS Sport's 'rapid expansion' plans take off with slew of new deals yesterday
- Ikon CEO touts year of 'formidable transformation' for agency yesterday
- Initiative scoops ARN media account yesterday
- Twitter promises ‘healthier’ conversation with new political ad rules yesterday
- What's the life of an advertising person worth? yesterday
- Ad booking data suggests a soft January 2 days ago
- Industry Profile: PubMatic associate director of customer success Tina Tsang 2 days ago
- 'Let the silenced be heard' - more adland firms must waive NDAs 2 days ago
- Gas company Jemena taps CHE Proximity 2 days ago
- Facebook rejects ACCC recommendation 2 days ago
- Dancing with the Stars debuts to 621,000 viewers 2 days ago
- Lavender's 'no coding' move is a 'game changer' for marketers 2 days ago
- Seven claims victory in 'battle for revenue' in latest results 2 days ago
- Foxtel and Mindshare create innovative 'wicket warning' AI platform 2 days ago
- The brands celebrating Mardi Gras this year 2 days ago
- Omnicom appoints Cadreon's Darren Stein as CEO Annalect 3 days ago
- BBL grand final records lowest to date 3 days ago
- CHE Proximity boosts ECD ranks with Marcel and Clemenger hires 3 days ago
- Starcom strengthens national leadership team 3 days ago
- Free TV lashes out at 'outdated content rules' as ACCC submissions roll in 3 days ago
- How TBWA Sydney got its mojo back 3 days ago
- Dentsu results: Australian restructuring imminent to mitigate further loss 3 days ago
- Adland Secrets: Confessions of a media agency newbie 3 days ago
- Ex-Saatchi CEO spearheads Pacific content marketing venture 3 days ago