WPP pulls production out of creative agencies 17 hours ago
Sources tell AdNews the move has been a point of conflict within WPP agencies that have been forced to farewell of to 20% of their staff and are left lacking production skills internally.
BMW plans to trap audiences with latest Vice collaboration
The campaign will tap into various new pieces of tech, making the experience more complex and interactive.
TransferWise taps Betoota Advocate in hidden fee crackdown
The Betoota Boys are back with branded content for Richard Branson-backed brand, TransferWise.
Y&R Sydney reveals first work for Deloitte with diversity push
In it's first work from Y&R Sydney, Deloitte's is spread the message about the importance of diversity and inclusion.
The ad agency model is broken - here's why
Agencies are still working with outdated principles – where they benefit from increased head hours on each project, rather than for the results or for their own efficient process, says Anne Miles.
Farewell. See you on the other side
I wrote this editor’s note knowing it’s the last one. After nearly five years, I’m moving on. While I’m filled with excitement about the new opportunity ahead of me, there’s always a sadness when something comes to an end.
Five things you need to know from SXSW
After geeking out at over 40 sessions SXSW in Austin Texas, Douglas Nicol, partner at The Works, gives some essential snack sized out-takes on the big themes that are about to impact our world.
The new LinkedIn for women? Bumble Bizz launches in Australia with first Aussie ad 20 hours ago
Dating app Bumble has recruited former PacMags GM Jackie Frank, as well as Instagram influencers and business owners Elle Ferguson, Nadia Bartel and Lana Hopkins to star in its first Aussie ad push for its new networking service, Bumble Bizz.
News Bulletin: Cannes Lions names new chairman; Thinkerbell lands account 15 hours ago
See what's happening in media, marketing and advertising today.
Carat wins $10m Beacon Lighting media pitch 16 hours ago
Carat has picked up media buying and planning duties of Australia's largest lighting retailer following a competitive pitch.
Why HCF axed its CMO role and appointed BWM Dentsu 16 hours ago
HCF chief officer of business growth Danny Saksida explains why it axed the CMO role, restructured its marketing department and appointed a new agency.
Cambridge Analytica scandal 'another nail in the coffin of trust' - Adam Ferrier 16 hours ago
Thinkerbell co-founder Adam Ferrier says the saga exposes a lack of control over data security and that tech companies shouldn't 'build toys' without considering their broader impact. He adds: 'Self regulation is proving difficult'.
Google’s $300m effort to assist publishers 16 hours ago
As many grow wary of Facebook in light of the Cambridge Analytica scandal, Google is cementing its support for digital journalism over the next three years with a US$300m investment.
DAN's performance marketing agency Merkle launches in Australia yesterday
Merkle's data, analytics and technology will be offered to clients through DAN's performance marketing business Columbus.
Seven promotes Natalie Harvey to succeed sales boss Adam Elliott yesterday
The company has emphasised this decision was made based on Elliott's own interests.
Industry Profile: MediaCom GM Ben McCallum yesterday
After six months of sitting in the GM's chair, we check in with MediaCom's GM Ben McCallum to find out what he is doing to inspire and lead his people.
In other news...
- Cambridge Analytica techniques have 'a lot of cross over' with advertising yesterday
- APN Outdoor appoints Telstra exec as strategy and innovation chief yesterday
- How Cambridge Analytica harvested 60m Facebook profiles to influence the US election yesterday
- Aussie Travis Johnson joins Dentsu New York yesterday
- Amazon: The unstoppable force hitting Australian retailers yesterday
- Five brilliant branded podcasts yesterday
- Ooh!Media secures Qantas inflight advertising rights yesterday
- Photo gallery: AdNews Agency of the Year 2017 celebrations yesterday
- Heinz fined up to $1.1m for misleading marketing yesterday
- News Bulletin: 72andSunny scores a pearler; WhiteGrey MD departs yesterday
- Eurosport signs exclusive partnership with Bicycling Australia 2 days ago
- Publicis Groupe restructures leadership team 2 days ago
- Optus halves creative roster 2 days ago
- Health insurance firm NIB reviews $12m media account 2 days ago
- Matt Eastwood exits JWT as it cuts global chief creative officer role 2 days ago
- PlayersVoice signs 'strategic partnership' with Fox Sports; secures $4m in funding 2 days ago
- Trimantium GrowthOps lists on the ASX, valued at $143m 2 days ago
- Why the Optus roster unravelled 2 days ago
- Marketer Survey: How effective is your social media strategy? 2 days ago
- ARN says it's not impacted by iHeartMedia bankruptcy 2 days ago
- Former Facebook creative boss Rebecca Carrasco resurfaces at Saatchi & Saatchi 2 days ago
- The Profile: M&C Saatchi's Jaimes Leggett 2 days ago
- Thinkerbell wins skincare brand Sukin 5 days ago
- CHE Proximity CEO Chris Howatson: ‘We’re at the dawn of a new era’ 5 days ago
- Alex Parsons appointed CEO of Adcorp 5 days ago
- Movers & Shakers: R/GA, Y&R, Ogilvy 5 days ago