Air New Zealand marketer talks being a small airline on a global runway 50 minutes ago
With a brand promise of ‘liberating from the ordinary’ and plans to surprise, innovate, out–manoeuvre and challenge convention, Air New Zealand stands out on the world’s tarmac with its quirky attitude and humorous ads. We talk with GM of global brand and content, Jodi Williams.
Sydney Airport enlists Bondi Hipsters for mockumentary series
Sydney Airport parking has teamed up with the Bondi Hipsters to create a mocumentary series promoting its services.
Rural Fire Service asks you to make a fireproof plan
The new campaign encourages viewers to visit a new website to ensure they are sufficiently prepared for bushfire season.
The University of Newcastle champions student achievements
The University of Newcastle’s latest campaign champions the global impact and achievements of its students.
Fighting the myth of the e-commerce monopoly
Barely a month goes by without some news article claiming that Amazon is taking over the world, or that a few big players are pushing the little guys out. But Engaging.io's Fraser Gordon argues its largely all smoke and mirrors.
AdNews traverses no-fuss New Zealand
In the October 2018 edition, our first New Zealand special, you’ll find all the wonderful regular AdNews features, only this time we’ve booted out the Aussies and swapped them for Kiwis instead.
Ditching the tampon tax – driving change through brands
Bauer Media's Jane Waterhouse argues the axing of the tampon tax is a great example of what can happen when brands and people unite for a common cause.
Brand building for a lifetime Sponsored
Brand building has to be paramount and, in order to survive in a mobile, digital and social era, it can no longer be about short-term conversions and sales only, says Facebook group industry director Naomi Shepherd.
Coles left 'disappointed' over false media stunt claims 14 hours ago
Coles has hit back at the minister for agriculture David Littleproud after he labeled the supermarket’s milk levy an “empty media stunt”.
Meet Grant: The only man designed to survive a life in advertising 15 hours ago
Meet Grant: As a white, spineless male with smaller genitals and an extra liver - he's the only man designed to survive in the advertising world.
9Now given $2 million boost ahead of summer period 17 hours ago
Nine will give its broadcast video on demand (BVOD) platform, 9Now, a $2 million boost by investing in its online content and data offering.
APN shareholders clear JCDecaux bid 17 hours ago
APN shareholders have approved the $1.2bn acquisition deal from JCDecaux that would see the business absorbed into the French out-of-home giant. What does this mean for CEO James Warburton?
Berlei ad cleared despite claims of violence against women 19 hours ago
The advertising watchdog Ad Standards has cleared an advert by Berlei despite complaints it was offensive to women because it contained “nudity” and “promoted violence”.
AdNews Podcast: R/GA's consultancy play, the downside of global reviews and Opera House angst 19 hours ago
In this month's podcast, the AdNews team discussed R/GA's consultancy play, the local impacts of global agency reviews and the fight brewing between Facebook and ThinkTV. We also sat down with M&C Saatchi's The Toms who shared their incredible legacy.
Sampson and Gyngell off Fairfax/Nine boards as merged entity details emerge 20 hours ago
In addition to the expected $50m cost slashing and job cuts on the horizon for the proposed Nine and Fairfax merged business, more details, including board members and areas of cost-cutting, have been revealed.
Stan and eBay unite to fight Amazon 21 hours ago
Stan and eBay have launched a promotion to facilitate subscriptions to eBay Plus membership as the companies unite to fight Amazon.
In other news...
- Gai Le Roy named as new IAB Australia CEO 21 hours ago
- Starcom Melbourne retains Snooze media account 21 hours ago
- GroupM brings addressable TV business to Australia 22 hours ago
- 10 reasons to attend AdNews Live: Lessons in Leadership 22 hours ago
- The Annual is coming: Celebrating 90 years of AdNews 23 hours ago
- Host/Havas tasked with Oroton transformation 23 hours ago
- Vice urges advertisers to rethink 'flawed' keyword blacklists yesterday
- NRL and AFL grand finals deliver traffic boost to sports sites yesterday
- Gambling ad spend surges 26% in year to July yesterday
- WPP delivered another blow as United Airlines shifts global account yesterday
- Movers & Shakers: Y&R, Deloitte Digital, Zenith 2 days ago
- Industry Profile: Wavemaker trading director Philippa Noilea-Tani 4 days ago
- UBank CMO Jo Kelly exits 4 days ago
- ATC lead marketer talks tactics on how it plans to scale Everest 4 days ago
- The Guardian opens glossy magazine to Australian advertisers 4 days ago
- Colin Kaepernick attempts to trademark face after Nike ad 4 days ago
- Amex shifts from Mindshare to UM in global media move 4 days ago
- Ten's lowest launch episode for Bachelorette 4 days ago
- Ten's new sports strategy under Matt White revealed 4 days ago
- Paid ads roll out on Facebook Stories with marketers encouraged to get ‘wildly creative’ 4 days ago
- Coke, Maccas and Ikea recreate Banksy stunt 5 days ago
- 9Honey bets on the Roxy Jacenko effect 5 days ago
- Young Guns: GumGum creative manager Emily Averill 5 days ago
- Talent retention at forefront of revamped WPP AUNZ parental leave policy 5 days ago
- Dentsu Aegis Network lands Intel global media account 5 days ago
- Suncorp reviewing $70m media account 5 days ago