APN Outdoor names ex-Ten boss James Warburton as CEO 5 hours ago
APN Outdoor has named ex-Ten chief James Warburton as its new CEO, following the departure of veteran boss Richard Herring.
Qantas flies high with outdoor activation from Ooh!Media
Qantas and Ooh!Media are hitting new heights with an outdoor campaign that draws on the native content expertise of Junkee Media.
University of Melbourne introduces 'The Melbourne Model'
The campaign is a follow up to the University’s highly successful ‘Made Possible By Melbourne’ campaign.
Putting some energy into Super
Energy Super and BCM are putting the energy back into super with new campaign
Six-point plan to inject diversity into your agency
Gemma Hunter was one of only two women who made the inaugural AdNews Creativity List this year. So she’s devised an action plan to inject some diversity into the creative equation, starting with ‘make yourself uncomfortable’.
Pay attention to 'attention' and your brand will grow
The temptation to binge on online-only media has never been greater for marketers, but more time spent viewing a platform doesn't mean it generates the most attentions for your advertising, argues ThinkTV chief executive Kim Portrate.
Advertising is simple and more exciting than ever. A rant
If you make a really nice orange juice, I’m not sure how much AI is going to change your world for the next five years. Make some really nice ads for juice, stand for something and you can make great juice, says Zenith innovation boss Tom Goodwin.
'Monetising content across multiple platforms is our future' - Nine CEO 5 hours ago
Nine's chief executive Hugh Marks tells AdNews the network is focused on making better use of its content across broadcast and digital assets. Marks also opens up Nine's performance, 9Galaxy and media consolidation.
CUB CMO Richard Oppy cracks open Carlton Draught’s return to TV 6 hours ago
After five years of being switched off, Carlton Draught made a bold return to TV. CUB CMO Richard Oppy discusses the brand's backflip, its new media agency and how the brand launched a successful TV show.
Government's media reforms rubber stamped by Parliament 3 hours ago
The media reforms package passed Parliament's Lower House yesterday, as expected, and will become law by the end of the year.
Dogs, dildos and designer dresses: Six lessons from Three UK CMO 3 hours ago
Shadi Halliwell, CMO of UK telco Three has worked for O2, Harvey Nichols and set up two brand of her own in sex toys and dog treats. She had some bold advice for marketers at AANA Reset, including ‘Be scared, but be prepared’.
Unilever on data privacy, control and delusion 1 hour ago
You’re deluded if you think your company is doing enough when it comes to changing in line with technological advances, says Unilever's top legal counsel for marketing.
Mamamia signs deal with Cricket Australia for Women’s Big Bash League 4 hours ago
Mamamia will live stream all 47 of this season's Women's Big Bash League matches.
AANA to review funding model and self-regulation 4 hours ago
“In a world that is focused on the negative, where no one trusts anyone unless compliance is proven, the best line of defence is a strong self-regulation system trusted by all stakeholders," says new AANA CEO John Broome.
Cross-media measurement currently a 'nice to have'; better alignment needed 4 hours ago
A panel of industry leaders from outdoor, radio, TV and digital said that cross-media measurement is still a pipe dream at the IAB's Measure Up conference last week.
AJF Partnership promotes Jayne Brady to general manager 6 hours ago
AJF Partnership has promoted Jayne Brady to general manager and Susan Bird to head of operations to support the continued growth of the agency.
In other news...
- Lisa Wilkinson to join Ten following shock Nine exit 17 hours ago
- VMO unveils outdoor billboard with 'smart' audience measurement tech yesterday
- Kraft Heinz names Cummins&Partners as creative agency yesterday
- CrownBet marketer talks taking on rivals and avoiding the gutter yesterday
- All the Australian Magazine Awards finalists 2017 revealed yesterday
- DDB Melbourne managing director Dion Appel departs yesterday
- Facebook Australia reaches out to small Aussie businesses yesterday
- News Bulletin: Qantas and Woolworths back Aussie sport yesterday
- Why the digital industry needs to 'take a long hard look at itself' yesterday
- Amanda Keller recognised in radio Hall of Fame and all the ACRA winners 2 days ago
- Media will still have challenges to navigate after reforms 4 days ago
- Radio is gunning for 10% of total ad market 4 days ago
- NGEN Halloween Party brought back from the dead 4 days ago
- Media owners gain valuable client insights at OMD's Big Day Out 4 days ago
- Radio body to invest millions in measurement innovation 4 days ago
- People listen to two hours of radio a day, claims study 4 days ago
- Should we accept disposable creative? 4 days ago
- Clemenger Melbourne lands creative for Telstra's budget brand 4 days ago
- Movers & Shakers: Monkeys, McCann, Isobar, SCA 4 days ago
- The reason why some retailers are surviving the apocalypse 4 days ago
- Multiconnexions opens door to Asian market via deal with China-based agency 4 days ago
- DDB's Tara Ford and Yahoo7's Anny Havercroft lined-up for AdNews Live! Reframing Australia 4 days ago
- Young Guns: Hatched Media digital manager Regan Hancock 4 days ago
- Media buyers optimistic about Nine's consistency and audience guarantee 5 days ago
- The latest in Publicis Groupe’s digital transformation 5 days ago
- News Bulletin: Adobe MD exits; News Corp's popcorn-scented papers 5 days ago