Audi, Armani, Rolex and Cartier back Fairfax luxury men's magazine 20 hours ago
Newspapers may be struggling for ad dollars but if the latest move from Fairfax is anything to go by, luxury titles are bucking the trend of category decline and still appealing to big brands.
Barista Bros boasts indulgence in new campaign from Ogilvy
Coca-Cola is making a multimillion-dollar investment in Barista Bros in a bid to create a more emotional connection with consumers.
KFC's new Zinger ad: 'It's a burger for grown ups'
“Somewhere in Australia 1989” a child dons lipstick to the soundtrack of Blondie’s One Way or Another, but she wants much more.
New throwback Myer ad features the classic toy plane
Myer's nostalgic ad, featuring the classic build your own plane, as part of a major campaign by from Clemenger BBDO Melbourne, is out.
Misinformation and fake news are new methods of altering votes
If they are smart the masters of persuasion won’t rely on negative advertising to influence voting behaviour in the marriage equality plebiscite, says Andrew Hughes, professor of political marketing at ANU College of Business & Economics.
Tech and data make us different, but people make us better
Carat chief strategy officer Sam Hegg came away from last week’s AdNews Media + Marketing Summit with the distinct impression that despite where the conversation started, all paths led to the same place – people.
Plebiscite on marriage equality will cause harmful messages: Say no to no
Our elected officials don’t have the backbone to make the call on our behalf, but we are in the business of making messages. Imagine if every agency said No to working on these harmful ads, says The Royals creative partner Nick Cummins.
Weak ad market 'hindered' Seven's Olympic performance as group profit tumbles 18 hours ago
Seven West Media says a weak advertising market impacted the commercial success of its Olympic Games coverage as sharp drops in ad revenue rock The West and Pacific Magazines.
Fairfax back in profit, Stan's success, Domain to float in November 19 hours ago
Fairfax reported a healthy slate and outlined its plans to spin out Domain, which helped it return a profit over the past 12 months. Stan has a healthy 800k subscribers and Nick Falloon will be chairman of Domain.
News Bulletin: BWM Dentsu Melbourne shake-up; Facebook Messenger launches AI suggestions bot 20 hours ago
In news today: BWM Dentsu Melbourne introduces a new leadership team as MD Mark Watkin and ECD Simon Bagnasco step down; Facebook Messenger ramps up its artificial intelligence offering and Daily Mail editor-in-chief returns to News Corp.
'An absolute force': Ooh!Media's Junkee takes aim at premium lifestyle market 20 hours ago
Ooh's content baby Junkee is pushing beyond its millennial roots into a more upmarket offering. It's the first major venture the two have brought to market since the acquisition - Tourism Tasmania has already signed up.
Government cuts media reform deal with One Nation 21 hours ago
The Turnbull government has agreed to an inquiry into ABC bias and competitiveness to secure One Nation support for its media reforms package, but the deal could struggle to convince others.
Industry Profile: Adobe head of digital transformation Scott Rigby yesterday
The 90s Wild West of job opportunities lured him in and this 'futurist' is a single malt on the rocks kinda guy. Meet Adobe's crypto-currency-loving Aaron Sorkin fan.
Ooh!Media: bringing science to the artform of planning outdoor yesterday
Ooh! is investing in data to help clients plan and buy, building a bespoke tech stack to better operate in a digital world, now that 50% of revenue comes from digital.
'Singo will probably get a kickback': an irreverent Q&A with Dick Smith yesterday
The campaign was set up by Dick Smith's mate Singo, who no doubt “will be getting a huge kick-back to pay for his racehorses”, according to Smith. We caught up with the 'Dick-tator' himself to get the lowdown on the $1m ad.
The Future of Customer Experience video series: Michael Buckley on Connected Creativity Sponsored
In the first of our five-part video series on the Future of Customer Experience, Michael Buckley, managing director Accenture Interactive ANZ, sits down with AdNews editor Rosie Baker to discuss how only the very best CX will cut it.
In other news...
- Ad agency refutes claims ‘Say No to No’ movement is undemocratic yesterday
- News Bulletin: Holden backs Wil Anderson podcast; Spikes judges; Audible bags Fox Sports marketer yesterday
- The Marketing Academy is open for nominations yesterday
- 'Angry' Dick Smith 'forced' to spend $1m on new Grim Reaper TV ad 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: Farjami promoted to CEO; News Corp's Uber Sunday, Mamamia fiction 2 days ago
- Deloitte survey: TV viewing rises, social starts to grate, online content doesn't pay 2 days ago
- Failed APN Outdoor merger attempt cost Ooh! $2m 2 days ago
- New regional structure for merged Maxus-MEC; Vogel to move 2 days ago
- 'Vile' debate to play out as election ad rules won’t apply to postal plebiscite 5 days ago
- News Corp's earnings plummet under strain of print ad sales decline 5 days ago
- Young Guns: Digital acc director at GroupM's [m]Platform, Dominique Netto 5 days ago
- Renegades collide: Father Bob and Ferrier talk evangelising 5 days ago
- News Bulletin: Gender waves hit Billabong’s ‘marketing morons’; Snapchat results; Facebook TV 5 days ago
- Is Ritson backtracking on his digital loathing? 5 days ago
- Movers and Shakers: Initiative, JWT, Core, Salesforce, Colenso 5 days ago
- Ad industry rallies to ‘say no to no’ on marriage equality 6 days ago
- JWT MD Willits exits 6 days ago
- Special Edition Podcast with Accenture Interactive's Michael Buckley and Fjord's Bronwyn van der Merwe. 6 days ago
- APN Outdoor retains Adelaide Metro tender bid 6 days ago
- P&G cuts global ad spend; Australia media spend grows 6 days ago
- News Bulletin: Gruen TV show returns; M&C's Chris Yong lured to Salesforce 6 days ago
- Advertising self-regulation 'under constant threat', warns outgoing AANA chief 6 days ago
- The Future of Customer Experience: Bringing living services to life 6 days ago
- Yaffa Media's Bowral Classic rides into contention for national Event of the Year 6 days ago
- Geronimo leaps to Tapit Media's rescue; snaps up NFC firm 6 days ago
- Driving into the future: AAMI and Ogilvy Melbourne’s Smartplates last week