'Daily digital ratings allow publishers to measure off platform, not monetise it' 12 hours ago
Nielsen's digital content ratings, which launch today, allow publishers to measure how people consume their content off platform, but tech giants still holds the keys to monetising it, News Corp's Nicole Sheffield warns. DCR should evolve trading.
KFC brings the bird to the bush
KFC flies into the Aussie outback for its latest campaign with Ogilvy Sydney.
Holden unveils Attenborough-esque mocumentary for shark week
There's something lurking inside the Holden Astra and it feeds on a diet of broken sunnies and hastily stowed fast food wrappers.
Making the future real with Volkswagen
Volkswagen, PHD and DDB are cruising into the future, and you're invited to jump in the driver's seat.
TV shows like The Bachelor can ill afford to whitewash in 2017
Out of 22 contestants hand picked for The Bachelor, not a single one appears to be from an Asian background – our largest source of immigrants and now an important part of this country's genetic DNA.
Is creativity exclusive to humanity?
Are humans just a very complex set of algorithms in the wider context of evolution and is creativity therefore something only humans have access to? Adobe's director of transformation Mark Henley explores.
Adapt or die says book publisher turned multimedia beast: Guinness World Records
The book itself holds a world record, as the best-selling copyrighted book of all time, but how are traditional publishing brands keeping themselves relevant in an increasingly digitalised world? Its SVP Nadine Causey explores.
'Advertisers should be alarmed about Bachie cast' - warns TV host 29 minutes ago
Marc Fennell, host of SBS's The Feed, has hit out at the show for presenting "an image of beauty in Australia with a very specific shade". Fennell and media diversity expert Isabel Lo warns the show risks alienating many Australians.
What adland talent shortage? Part-timers are ripe for picking 52 minutes ago
While adland bemoans the lack of talent across the industry, could it actually be that many of the fine minds and experienced ones are willing and ready, but they actually just don’t want the full-time roles?
Not as fruitful: MasterChef finale pulls a crowd, but no match for Ninja 1 hour ago
No amount of celebrity chefs and over-the-top cooking challenges can knock the furore of Ninja Warrior as the show tops MasterChef's grand finale.
Cinema's 'halo effect' for TV and digital 2 hours ago
Not only do cinema ads have audiences' full attention in theatres, running cinema ads gives TV and digital campaigns a boost, according to a study measuring the 'halo effect' of cinema advertising.
Who's to blame for shoddy mobile ads? 5 hours ago
In the world of mobile advertising, responsibility for bad creative is often thrown around like a hot potato, so how difficult is it to change ads for different media and who's fault is it when the ads are not properly adapted?
First Australian woman conquers Ninja wall; three million tune in yesterday
Andrea Hah stole the show by becoming the first Australian woman to conquer the warped wall. The Nine show peaked at 3.07 million.
Mamamia scales back US operations yesterday
Redundancies have been made as Mamamia Women's Network scales back it's New York-based Spring St site.
News Corp innovation boss exits for IAG digital role yesterday
Mark Drasutis has lead innovation at News Corp for the past two years. He's now taking up the chief digital officer role at insurer IAG.
Avoiding the plague of burnout in media and advertising yesterday
Got the Monday morning blues? Did you think about calling in sick today to avoid the stress? Well one in five Australians has taken time off work due to feeling mentally unwell in the past year, according to a Beyond Blue report.
In other news...
- Cars and retail drive fifth year of media agency bookings growth yesterday
- Ten hits brand sweet-spot; sponsors join The Bachelor love train yesterday
- Dentsu Mitchell slices competition, retains decade-long Patties Foods account yesterday
- Foxtel's Farjami exits for global role at Storyful New York yesterday
- 'Absurd and audacious'; Stan launches new brand campaign 4 days ago
- SBS touts content at half-yearly showcase event 4 days ago
- First half 2017 results: Publicis sails, Omnicom slides 4 days ago
- Myer’s chief customer officer exits amid poor sales 4 days ago
- Movers and Shakers: Stan, JCDecaux, M&C Saatchi, PubMatic 4 days ago
- JCDecaux promotes Essie Wake to CMO 4 days ago
- Young Guns: Deepend head of planning Kim Verbrugghe 4 days ago
- News Bulletin: NBC News taps Snap 4 days ago
- Invalid traffic across digital plummets in Australia 5 days ago
- Audi faces backlash for sexist ad 5 days ago
- Marketers 'haemorrhaging money' over 'creative by committee' culture 5 days ago
- More people read news in print than digital, claim emma numbers 5 days ago
- 'Brazen' booze brand Vodka Cruisers targets teens; Instagram ad banned 5 days ago
- 'We need to do better'; Carat CEO on improving diversity and work life 5 days ago
- Facebook to trial paywall for publishers in Instant Articles 5 days ago
- Striving for a better ad funded internet: Five minutes with James Diamond 5 days ago
- Has brand building been sacrificed in the name of digital tactics? 5 days ago
- Will Seven drop the baby? Yummy Mummies ratings plummet 6 days ago
- Google Home launches in Australia with Netflix and Stan integration 6 days ago
- News Bulletin: M&C Saatchi nabs ex-adam&eve exec, Bang acquired by Nextgen 6 days ago
- Universal Music agency Bring hires creative director 6 days ago
- Game of Thrones smashes Foxtel ratings records 6 days ago