Is there a Weinstein of advertising? Cindy Gallop is calling for names 9 hours ago
Cindy Gallop, provocateur and campaigner for equality across the industry, is calling for people in the advertising and media world to come forward with names of those who have perpetrated sexual abuse or harassment in the industry.
Cricket Australia rallies fans to #BeatEngland campaign
Cricket Australia has launched a new campaign on the eve of the women's Ashes with a blunt message - Beat England.
Qantas profiles real people to promote its 787 Dreamliner
Ahead of the arrival of Qantas' first Dreamliner, the airline is reflecting on real people within its business, from pilots to engineers.
Qantas flies high with outdoor activation from Ooh!Media
Qantas and Ooh!Media are hitting new heights with an outdoor campaign that draws on the native content expertise of Junkee Media.
Supercharge your advertising career with these seven podcasts
Love podcasts? Work in advertising? Simon Lawson, GM of PHD Melbourne, has seven podcasts for you.
Are ECDs the solution to better media planning?
There was a time when a media planner was able to have a comprehensive understanding of all media channels, and have a valued opinion on the role they each play, but these days are creatives better suited, wonders Speed's Ian Perrin.
Consultancies: What's all the fuss about?
Despite all the hype around consultancies, Saatchi & Saatchi's Mark Cochrane believes having more creative thinkers advising the C-suites of Australia is nothing but a good thing for everyone.
Creative review: Are banned ads actually bad? 9 hours ago
Controversy is the oldest trick in the book. But, while risk-taking and great creative work goes hand-in-hand, sometimes it can fall foul of public opinion, and in the worst case, regulations. But getting it wrong isn’t always a bad thing.
Tom Goodwin's tips for companies to thrive in a post-digital age 13 hours ago
We live in a mid-digital age and it sucks. Things don't work and innovative companies are rewriting the rules of consumer behaviour. But Zenith's innovation guru Tom Goodwin is optimistic and offered advice on how to transition for the future.
Lisa Messenger backs print, but cuts Collective Hub to bi-monthly 13 hours ago
Collective Hub has shifted its print frequency from monthly to bimonthly as founder Lisa Messenger pivots to focus on growing the events side of the business.
Carat’s Ashley Earnshaw to lead investment at Amplifi 13 hours ago
Dentsu Aegis is centralising investment teams from across its media agency brands into Amplifi.
Welcome to Octane Island: Supercheap Auto’s epic action movie 14 hours ago
Car parts retailer Supercheap Auto has rolled out a three-minute action movie-style film starring Hollywood legend Danny Trejo and it could be one of the fastest, and most furious ads of the year.
Nine refutes reports The Footy Show axed yesterday
"The show won't be going anywhere" - Nine has refuted reports that suggest The Footy Show has been axed from after 24 years on-air.
'Navigating the wild': Ex-Campaign Palace exec forms new agency yesterday
Ex-Campaign Palace Tony Leishman and digital strategist Myke Christoffel have formed a new Melbourne agency.
Focus on long-term emotional ads or risk 'throwing marketing on the bonfire' yesterday
John Kearon, an expert in advertising effectiveness, says markets waste one-third of their budgets on rubbish campaigns. He urges marketers to think long-term and emotional.
Young Guns: AWARD School winner Tom Lawrence yesterday
He was recently crowned Australia's Top Student at the 2017 Award School National Announcement, met David Droga in New York and his personal motto is "don't be a dick". Meet our Young Gun of the week, Tom Lawrence.
In other news...
- Unilever on data privacy, control and delusion yesterday
- Dogs, dildos and designer dresses: Six lessons from Three UK CMO yesterday
- Government's media reforms rubber stamped by Parliament yesterday
- Mamamia signs deal with Cricket Australia for Women’s Big Bash League yesterday
- AANA to review funding model and self-regulation yesterday
- Cross-media measurement currently a 'nice to have'; better alignment needed yesterday
- APN Outdoor names ex-Ten boss James Warburton as CEO yesterday
- 'Monetising content across multiple platforms is our future' - Nine CEO yesterday
- CUB CMO Richard Oppy cracks open Carlton Draught’s return to TV yesterday
- AJF Partnership promotes Jayne Brady to general manager yesterday
- Lisa Wilkinson to join Ten following shock Nine exit 2 days ago
- VMO unveils outdoor billboard with 'smart' audience measurement tech 2 days ago
- Kraft Heinz names Cummins&Partners as creative agency 2 days ago
- CrownBet marketer talks taking on rivals and avoiding the gutter 2 days ago
- All the Australian Magazine Awards finalists 2017 revealed 2 days ago
- DDB Melbourne managing director Dion Appel departs 2 days ago
- Facebook Australia reaches out to small Aussie businesses 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: Qantas and Woolworths back Aussie sport 2 days ago
- Why the digital industry needs to 'take a long hard look at itself' 2 days ago
- Amanda Keller recognised in radio Hall of Fame and all the ACRA winners 4 days ago
- Media will still have challenges to navigate after reforms 5 days ago
- Radio is gunning for 10% of total ad market 5 days ago
- NGEN Halloween Party brought back from the dead 5 days ago
- Media owners gain valuable client insights at OMD's Big Day Out 5 days ago
- Radio body to invest millions in measurement innovation 5 days ago
- People listen to two hours of radio a day, claims study 5 days ago