AJF acquired and to deliver $21m revenue for new owner as name phased out 2 days ago
The agency was acquired alongside seven others ahead of Trimantium GrowthOps’ IPO. Up to 40% of the new owner’s revenue in 2018 will be generated by the creative agency.
Sophie Monk, Boy George and Naomi Watts star in UberEATS first brand campaign
Uber celebs appear in UberEATS latest campaign.
Telstra sticks with magic this Christmas
“The spirit of Christmas truly alive as we laugh and sing and dance and thrive.”
Australians share what they love about Christmas in Coles campaign
From doughnut-stuffed turkey to avocados, Australians share their favourite things about Christmas, with a sneak peek from Curtis Stone.
Taking the problematic out of programmatic
"Despite what some recent programmatic-apocalypse headlines might suggest, programmatic trading isn’t going away," says Alex Khan, APAC MD of platforms at Oath.
The era of intelligent brands and the power of 'living services'
By their own nature, walled gardens are a barrier to connectedness and openness. It's the brands that focus on enhancing experiences that will win, says Rocket Fuel boss Mailee Creacy.
Talking about transparency is shooting at the wrong target
Banging on about transparency is missing the point of programmatic. It’s never going to be 100% transparent because no other medium we operate with is, says Spinach’s Ben Willee. But that doesn’t mean we should write it off completely.
GroupM’s video future: A television lens with a digital backbone yesterday
“Television has always had three masters: distribution, advertising and user experience. For 60 years, the user came third,” according to GroupM’s latest report into the TV and video market. Now the user is in charge.
Three in four Aussie TV ads feature all-white casts, finds ethnic diversity study 2 days ago
A new study of more than 2 million Australian TV spots has found that 77% of ads feature Caucasian casts in a damning indictment of the lack of cultural diversity in our creative. The situation has only improved by 1 percentage point in four years.
News Bulletin: Winners of the REA Excellence Awards; PHD appoints ANZ lead; Matt Rose joins Cummins 2 days ago
See what's happening in media, marketing and advertising today. PHD appoints Jordan Smith to lead ANZ account; Ikon and Mindshare win at the REA Excellence Awards; Cummins&Partners hires Matt Rose.
CBS acquisition of Ten is finally a done deal 2 days ago
"This marks the beginning of an exciting opportunity to build on our close working relationship and the great legacy of Network Ten in Australia, and to paving the way for further multiplatform distribution opportunities for CBS content."
Domain valued at $2.2 billion after listing on ASX 2 days ago
Speaking to AdNews after the 'nerve-racking' bell ringing ceremony, Domain CEO Antony Catalano says the valuation is a recognition of the real estate firm's growth in the last three years.
Ad spend crashes as retailers stockpile budgets to fend off Amazon 2 days ago
In the 10 years of SMI reporting, never before has the retail sector’s advertising expenditure dropped in the fourth quarter of the year. Programmatic bookings have also slipped into negative territory.
Virgin CMO Inese Kingsmill exits in restructure 2 days ago
Just weeks after launching a repositioning campaign for the brand, and overseeing a creative agency pitch, Kingsmill is leaving as part of a restructure.
Nine content boss: We die if we do not reflect the audience in the stories we tell 2 days ago
"If we don't reflect the audience the audience won’t come," says Nine Network's head of content production and development Adrian Swift - who accepts that TV networks have failed to represent who Australians really are.
Supermarket giants 'missing a trick' by ignoring ethnic communities 2 days ago
A panel of experts have warned Coles and Woolworths that they are missing a huge opportunity to target ethnic communities and it's not just about stocking halal goods in areas with large Muslim populations, or focusing on Chinese New Year.
In other news...
- Behind PwC’s investment in Thinkerbell: ‘We’re friends with benefits’ 2 days ago
- Clemenger Melbourne names Isobar’s Carmela Soares as ECD 3 days ago
- ‘Australia’s media is frighteningly white’, says The Monkeys’ Scott Nowell 3 days ago
- Sizmek ANZ boss Imran Masood to exit 3 days ago
- News Bulletin: Socceroos hit huge TV numbers; ME Bank creates chief customer role; Kiis gives away gay weddings 3 days ago
- Newspaper front pages celebrate Yes vote, but not Daily Telegraph 3 days ago
- AANA, IAB and MFA partner on digital transparency 3 days ago
- Brands and media companies show their support for Yes vote 3 days ago
- Industry Profile: Williams Lea Tag CMO Toby Codrington 3 days ago
- Multicultural myth-busting: The demographic data you don't know 3 days ago
- Diversity lives and breathes on the streets but disappears in the media 4 days ago
- Third senior Foxtel marketer exits 4 days ago
- SCA to hold strong with Em Rusciano; no Rove & Sam regrets 4 days ago
- Christmas ads 2017 round-up: Watch the festive best from around the world 4 days ago
- SBS continues to push the boundaries by tackling diversity, sexism, racism in 2018 4 days ago
- Radio ratings: Embattled SCA show hits new low; ARN dominates 4 days ago
- Nine boss Hugh Marks unveils plans to monetise social media 4 days ago
- 'It's long overdue': Agency bosses welcome Cannes Lion changes 4 days ago
- Orchard scores Hyundai digital account 4 days ago
- Ten CEO: 'CBS ownership gives us confidence to invest more in local content' 5 days ago
- JWT Melbourne wins John West creative as Simplot consolidates roster 5 days ago
- Cannes Lions undergoes major overhaul following holding company pressure 5 days ago
- Why big brands flock to YouTube star Tanya Hennessy 5 days ago
- Industry Profile: Grapeshot VP AUNZ June Cheung 5 days ago
- Cinema: a one-stop, mass market channel for Australia’s changing population 5 days ago
- Turnbull and Facebook’s Sandberg unveil marketing boost for regional Australia 5 days ago