Australian Magazine Awards finalists for 2018 revealed yesterday
The Australian Magazine Awards shortlist has arrived. Check out which entrants made the cut and join us to celebrate success in publishing.
Western Australia urged to look up with phones causing deaths on road
RAC are keeping their eyes on the road with their new campaign and they are encouraging Western Australia drivers to do the same and not look at their phones.
Kathmandu launches its first ever global campaign
Kathmandu tells the world that their products are a staple for adventure - and adventure is a staple for learning.
Technology and poetry collide to launch the 2018 Google Impact Challenge
$5.5 million will be awarded to nonprofits and social enterprises in a ploy to encourage the use of technology to tackle some of the world’s greatest social challenges.
Consumer data and privacy: What every brand needs to prioritise
ShareRoot's Noah Abelson-Gertler explores five ways in which brands can protect their customers from the threat of data breaches.
Fighting the myth of the e-commerce monopoly
Barely a month goes by without some news article claiming that Amazon is taking over the world, or that a few big players are pushing the little guys out. But Engaging.io's Fraser Gordon argues its largely all smoke and mirrors.
AdNews traverses no-fuss New Zealand
In the October 2018 edition, our first New Zealand special, you’ll find all the wonderful regular AdNews features, only this time we’ve booted out the Aussies and swapped them for Kiwis instead.
Kyle and Jackie O take out best on-air team at this year's ACRAs 6 hours ago
The winners of the 2018 Australian Commercial Radio Awards have been revealed, with the infamous breakfast duo taking out multiple awards.
'Slick, confident and consistent': Industry reacts to Nine's upfronts 2 days ago
Hot on the heels of 9Upfront's upfront showcase, media agency execs have applauded the network's position of content consistency, advertiser opportunity and a commitment to ad buying innovation.
Aussie Home Loans seeks new creative agency as marketing boss exits yesterday
Aussie Home Loans is pitching its creative as the company prepares to demerge from CommBank and undergoes a wider shakeup of its marketing team.
James Warburton exits APN as Steve O'Connor takes helm of merged businesses yesterday
APN Outdoor CEO James Warburton has confirmed his exit from the out of home business after weeks of speculation. JCDecaux Australia CEO Steve O'Connor will assume leadership for the combined JCDecaux and APN Outdoor businesses.
Commercial radio sector leads Spicer’s list of ‘most toxic’ for women yesterday
“I’ve worked across all the mediums and some of the most toxic workplaces I have worked in have been in commercial radio and I think that’s a terrible shame,” the Australian newsreader and journalist and advocate said at Radio Alive.
SBS appoints James Taylor as managing director yesterday
Taylor, who has been acting managing director since 2 October, replaces Michael Ebeid who left after more than 7 years in the role.
WPP lands global creative for Panadol yesterday
GlaxoSmithKline has handed WPP the global creative account for Panadol following a competitive pitch.
Radio Alive 2018: Boosted Alexa skills, better measurement and industry unites for podcasting yesterday
Commercial Radio Australia has launched a 'super pilot' for radio listening measurement, advancements in automation, a bolstered Alexa offering and is uniting with SBS and ABC to drive podcast investment.
BCM poaches Chris Platt from UM Brisbane yesterday
BCM managing partner Phil McDonald says Chris Platt's hire signals the agency's commitment to offering an alternative to the "traditional, siloed media and creative agencies".
In other news...
- Movers and Shakers: Foxtel, Australia Post, Bauer Media yesterday
- Free from large agency bureaucracy, PR shop Poem focuses on feels over figures yesterday
- Michelle Guthrie pursues legal action on ABC 2 days ago
- Young Guns: SBS sales executive Eden Lueckl 2 days ago
- UM appointed to Heineken media account in Australia 2 days ago
- One week left to secure tickets for AdNews Live: Lessons in Leadership 2 days ago
- Fiorella Di Santo resigns from Bauer Media 2 days ago
- The Works reveals new managing partners 2 days ago
- What does Andy Lark's departure mean for Foxtel agencies? 2 days ago
- MLA outraged after Cory Bernardi hijacks ‘lambassador’ for political ads 2 days ago
- Luke Hemsworth stars in new Dundee ad from Tourism Australia by Thinkerbell 2 days ago
- Nine upfronts: Ninja moves to Melbourne, addressability and better buying 3 days ago
- Nine moves Love Island to main channel after show success 3 days ago
- Telstra hangs up on Ooyala, sells back to owner 3 days ago
- Suncorp shortlist down to three 3 days ago
- AdNews Agency of the Year reborn: A new era for industry awards 3 days ago
- 'We can take on the world and do it better', says Burger King NZ marketer 3 days ago
- Australia Post CMO revealed 3 days ago
- Mia Freedman warned Cosmo bosses 'winter was coming' 3 days ago
- In-house agencies on the rise 3 days ago
- Bauer Media CEO: If magazines don’t make money, we’ll close them 4 days ago
- Industry Profile: eBay ANZ commercial director Mark Mansour 4 days ago
- CMO Andy Lark exits Foxtel in shake-up 4 days ago
- End of an era: Bauer shuts Cosmo Australia 4 days ago
- Dying Jesus ad divides viewers 4 days ago
- iSelect marketer on mishaps and moving agencies 4 days ago