AdNewsTV: Facebook is not the devil: Mark Ritson at Media + Marketing Summit 2 days ago
Watch: Is Mark Ritson going soft on the digital duopoly? Not exactly. Watch the highlights of his Nine Circles of Digital Hell presentation here.
Havas and Fund for Peace look at the other end of rich lists
Havas partners with Fund For Peace to launch The Bottom 100 in fight against world poverty.
Two Tetris' try Kama Sutra to promote TedXSydney
Tetris, Kama Sutra and TedXSydney: BMF Sydney creates an unconventional love story to promote its 2017 film program.
Skittles goes colourless for Pride Month
"During pride, only one rainbow deserves to be the centre of attention."
Fearless Girl has created an impact far beyond its physical size
A statue measuring just 50 inches: Fearless Girl is a brilliant example of the transition our industry is making from traditional advertising to cultural branding, says Initiative global CEO Mat Baxter.
Who should own influencer marketing?
There are new influencer ventures appearing everyday, but the responsibility of influencer activity still remains a grey area. Lorraine Murphy looks at the pros and cons of the different mediums available, from media agencies to doing it in-house.
Blockchain: A cure for industry transparency issues?
Allure Media’s Jason Scott explains how he is keeping close tabs on the adoption of blockchain for advertising in the US, and presents it as a solution to the industry’s transparency woes.
Meltwater agrees to Federal Court order in Isentia row yesterday
Isentia had taken Meltwater to court over claims it unlawfully supplied Isentia press clippings to clients.
Zuckerberg pushes groups as future focus yesterday
Facebook has touted the importance of group admins as the “leaders” of the social media platform.
McDonald's signs eSports sponsorship deal yesterday
McDonald's has secured full sponsorship rights for a live StarCraft tournament in Australia only days after the brand cut short its Olympic Games partnership.
R/GA opens Melbourne shop to service Toyota yesterday
R/GA is opening a Melbourne shop with Toyota as its founding client as the brand relocates its staff from Sydney.
Voice marketing: What brands need to know yesterday
Voice marketing has generated widespread interest, but it has seen slower adoption rates than in other Asia-Pacific markets, finds a report conducted by JWT, Mindshare and Kantar.
Behind the success of Leo Burnett's Pocket Patrol yesterday
Samsung and Leo Burnett have created a tidal app which warns swimmers about potentially dangerous rips and currents. AdNews catches up with the agency and mobile company to find out the back story behind Pocket Patrol.
Nine overtakes ABC in Nielsen ratings as BBC makes big jump yesterday
Nine.com.au has moved into second place in the May Nielsen Digital Ratings, bumping down the ABC, as the average time spent on a smartphone increases by one hour.
Hijacking the brand name game yesterday
Qantas has named its Dreamliner fleet after asking Aussies to vote. Asking consumers to name things as part of a marketing stunt isn’t new, and it frequently goes wrong. Does the consumer ever have control or should brands drop the act?
News Bulletin: First look at Ten's The Bachelor; UnLtd raises $44,000 for KidsXpress yesterday
See what's happening in media, marketing and advertising today.
In other news...
- Movers and Shakers; IPG, Nine, Bauer, Audi yesterday
- Aussie work shortlisted at Cannes Lions 2017 2 days ago
- Sorrell says WPP will rethink involvement in 'costly' Cannes 2 days ago
- Young Guns: Atomic 212 group account director Ashleigh Hall 2 days ago
- John Sintras exits IPG Mediabrands global role 2 days ago
- Nine's State of Origin II watched by 3.5 million national viewers 2 days ago
- Melbourne dominates Cannes: Metal for Leos, McCann, Clems 2 days ago
- Intel signs Olympics deal and will bring VR to the Games 2 days ago
- Cummins&Partners Sydney wins University of Tasmania creative 2 days ago
- News Bulletin: Marketforce CEO departs; Snapchat launches Map function 2 days ago
- Ad blocker usage drops marginally despite growing awareness 2 days ago
- Youfoodz Wonka-style ads feed sales 2 days ago
- Nike’s first Aussie brand campaign in a decade bids to inspire youth 3 days ago
- Live zombie apocalypse game on the hunt for bloodthirsty brands 3 days ago
- Lessons to launch an agency 3 days ago
- Media reforms pass lower house; Foxtel CEO says diversity concerns misguided 3 days ago
- Industry watchdog ‘concerned’ over Daily Mail lifting stories 3 days ago
- Cannes: UM's Espinoza and Berry come second in Young Lions 3 days ago
- News Corp launches luxury ad network 3 days ago
- Ad watchdog clears ‘crass’ Boost Juice bot 3 days ago
- Cyber, Direct, Creative Data and Mobile Lions for The Monkeys, VML, BMF and more, Cyber Grand Prix for Clems 3 days ago
- Qantas names planes, ignores Flighty McFlightFace 3 days ago
- Bauer Media CEO Nick Chan exits 3 days ago
- 'A success on all fronts' - Netball Australia, Nine and Suncorp hand down netball verdict 3 days ago
- Publicis withdraws from all awards, invests money in AI platform instead 3 days ago
- Intrusive ads kill great content; publishers must take responsibility 3 days ago