Crikey owner Eric Beecher enters Magazine Hall of Fame yesterday
Rupert Murdoch inspired this year’s Hall of Fame inductee to go out on his own. “I never wanted to work for someone like that again, so the only way to avoid that was to be my own boss,” he says.
Apple shows off AirPods in enchanting holiday ad
Apple's annual holiday ad is a beautiful dancing routine with AirPods as the main star.
Serena Williams and her fake baby front Gatorade ad
Serena Williams is the picture of maternal pride as she lovingly cradles her daughter in a new video. But there's a catch.
R/GA hits intimate pointe in Telstra's Australian Ballet ad
R/GA Sydney is behind a series of intimate short films created for the Telstra Ballet Dancer Award.
Shout out or grind it out
Sales leaders should consider a balanced mix of inspiration and perspiration to getting the most out of sales teams in the crazy run up to Christmas argues Tony Prentice.
Talking about transparency is shooting at the wrong target
Banging on about transparency is missing the point of programmatic. It’s never going to be 100% transparent because no other medium we operate with is, says Spinach’s Ben Willee. But that doesn’t mean we should write it off completely.
Surviving the new era of voice
We still have a long way to go before voice-activated devices entirely overturn how we interact with technology and engage with brands, but it's something we need to start exploring, says BMF's Irina Hayward.
Taste named Magazine Brand of the Year at the Australian Magazine Awards yesterday
Taste.com.au reigned supreme at this year's Australian Magazine Awards, taking out the top gong of Australian Magazine Brand of the Year, as well as two other awards. See all the winners here.
UnLtd's Big Clash expands to four teams and two tournaments yesterday
The annual cricket competition will take place in Sydney and Melbourne next February with teams from media agencies, creative agencies, media owners and tech firms.
Bread rises to the occasion as analog advertising makes a comeback Sponsored
The humble bread tag has been transformed into a marketing channel that unlocks the power of FMCG packaging and earns high exposure.
Agencies need to fix the chink in the programmatic chain yesterday
Overworked in a high pressure ad ops job and dealing with huge amounts of client money is one thing, but having to sync with over-promising sales reps is another. But is this way of working all a sneaky play by agencies?
KFC's new cricket campaign combines HCG and bucketheads yesterday
This year's cricket campaign brings together two of KFC's more inspired ideas in recent years with a new green and gold camo bucket that's finger lickin' fun.
Movers & Shakers: M&C Saatchi, MediaCom, MLA, Zenith yesterday
It's hard to keep up with all the latest moves across media, marketing and advertising, so we've made a list. Check out the biggest moves in adland this week.
Pay TV opens review on gambling ads in live sports yesterday
ASTRA, the body for subscription television, is opening a consultation on a new code that further restricts gambling ads in live sports broadcasts.
HuffPost and Fairfax joint venture likely to end 2 days ago
HuffPost Australia’s joint venture with Fairfax Media is likely to come to an end as the publisher examines its global strategy.
How marketing has risen from the shadows Sponsored
Marketing is in a state of flux, its role within business is changing, and it has finally emerged from the support function shadows.
In other news...
- Young Guns: OMD marketing and BDM manager Danielle Le Toullec 2 days ago
- Hundreds of Australian sites and brands hit in global ad fraud scheme 2 days ago
- Ad watchdog reverses decision, bans MLA religous ad 2 days ago
- Havas Media promotes Imogen Hewitt to group MD 2 days ago
- ‘9Honey has exceeded all our expectations’: Helen McCabe 2 days ago
- 'Advertising must not mislead': AAMI slapped with $42k fine 2 days ago
- Christmas ads 2017 round-up: Watch the festive best from around the world 2 days ago
- Bauer digital boss Christian Fricke exits 3 days ago
- TBWA Melbourne wins Peroni, added to Asahi roster 3 days ago
- Ad tech salaries revealed 3 days ago
- Bauer Media cuts trio of magazines 3 days ago
- Domain targets millennials with Pedestrian integration 3 days ago
- Digital is driving a new auto journey 3 days ago
- Nike Australia marketing director exits for Asia role 3 days ago
- 'Digital' and 'ad' banned in WhiteGrey's new creative direction 3 days ago
- Amazon confirms ATP tennis rights abroad; could BBL and EPL be next? 3 days ago
- News Bulletin: Toyota renews cricket sponsorship; Hypetap hires Unruly and Pandora execs 3 days ago
- Industry Profile: Havas Melbourne group MD Matt Houltham 3 days ago
- Sizmek extinguishes Rocket Fuel name; ANZ boss to exit 4 days ago
- Carat wins $6m Nova Entertainment media account 4 days ago
- Dentsu Mitchell rebrands to Dentsu X in push to be 'experience-focused' 4 days ago
- Lego releases first Christmas ad from CHE Proximity 4 days ago
- News Bulletin: Iris' Callum Walker joins M&C Melbourne; WPP's Rob Norman steps back 4 days ago
- 'Offensive and 'racist' University of Sydney billboard banned 4 days ago
- Industry Profile: AdColony sales director Zak Vidinovski 4 days ago
- MediaCom boss Sean Seamer to depart for Supercars role 5 days ago