MCN boss Mark Frain slams upfronts as 'outdated' 11 hours ago
MCN CEO Mark Frain has slammed the upfront model, labelling the event "outdated", adding it no longer fit into the modern marketing strategy.
Subway invites Aussies to fall in love with lunch again
Subway’s new tongue-in-cheek campaign toys with love, break-ups and even Tinder.
This Christmas TAC and Taboo go for high impact
Transport Accident Commission (TAC) and Taboo have created a high impact and interactive campaign called ‘This Christmas’, encouraging all Victorians to play their part in making the roads safer.
Road safety campaign encourages Aussies to find their #LiftLegend
Qld Transport & Main Roads Department are reminding Australians not to drink-drive in the holiday season.
Why a bad 2019 could be good for marketers
The downturn is coming to Australia, but marketers can still grow their business if they leverage an outcome-based economy, argues Impact managing director Adam Furness.
How to break into the media industry
From having no idea what she wanted to be when she grew up, Wavemaker's Montana Bray has discovered a passion for audience data and insights at Wavemaker. Here she shares tips and tricks for other students and graduates.
The Annual: Creativity doesn't have to be 'out there' to succeed
Vegemite marketing manager Matt Gray weighs in on what creativity means to the iconic brand - as part of the AdNews Annual 2018 Perspectives series. "It fuels the mind, innovation, adaptability and progress," says the top marketer.
Foxtel fined $25K for breaching telemarketing laws 6 hours ago
Foxtel has been found in breach of telemarketing laws and fined $25,200.
Young Guns: Oath senior publisher account partner Jianfei Bu 9 hours ago
Jianfei Bu is a classically trained violinist and started his career in London.
Blue449 raises almost $70k for Sydney Children's Hospital 12 hours ago
Blue449 has raised $67,864 for Sydney Children's Hospital Foundation as part of its corporate social responsibility program, Spark.
ABC, SBS not damaging viability of commercial media 12 hours ago
An independent review by the government has found the ABC and SBS are not competing unfairly with commercial rivals, but encouraged more transparency from the public broadcasters.
SCA's Grant Blackley replaces Adam Lang as CRA chair 12 hours ago
Grant Blackley replaces former Macquarie Media CEO Adam Lang who has stepped down as the chair after four years in the position.
Christmas ads 2018 round-up: Watch the festive best from around the world 12 hours ago
'Tis the season for blockbuster holiday commercials and we’re keeping track of all them right here. See the Christmas ads from Aldi, Woolworths, Amazon, Myer and more.
Embracing the future: GroupM reveals 2019 repositioning 12 hours ago
GroupM has undergone a re-positioning, with CEO Mark Lollback saying the firm will always be "ruthless and relentless" about investing in tech and keeping at the cutting edge.
Accenture snaps up Oracle reseller and ad tech firm 12 hours ago
The move is part of its quest to “significantly” boost Accenture Interactive's programmatic services offering and it remains to be seen if this could impact the Australian business and if the technology would be used here.
Stan inks major content deal with Walt Disney 13 hours ago
Stan has revealed a new deal with The Walt Disney Company in Australia and New Zealand, which will see a wide portfolio of film and TV made available across the platform.
In other news...
- Independent and local, why this agency is staying put 14 hours ago
- Vote for AdNews cover of the year 18 hours ago
- A year in review: Bauer Media’s Story54 yesterday
- Facebook's festive gift guide yesterday
- Inside Initiative: Cultural change driving client growth yesterday
- AppNexus serves up 'fee-transparent' supply-side platform yesterday
- WPP's radical comeback strategy outlines 3,500 job cuts yesterday
- Is working in advertising in the blood? yesterday
- APN Outdoor continues airport contract consolidation yesterday
- Industry Portfolio: Rubicon Project country manager Rohan Creasey 2 days ago
- Pedestrian TV to absorb Allure Media in post-Fairfax consolidation 2 days ago
- Oath digital prophet Shingy blasts the future of VR in marketing 2 days ago
- Tourism Australia adds ASAP+ to digital roster to service China 2 days ago
- Mobile marketing firm Snakk Media enters into voluntary administration 2 days ago
- Will the bubble burst? Influencer marketing predictions for 2019 2 days ago
- Addressing ‘gaping inequalities’; industry responds to ACCC report 2 days ago
- ACCC confirms ‘misuse of market power’ investigations into tech giants 2 days ago
- AdNews top 10 most read Industry Profiles of 2018 2 days ago
- Digital Platforms Inquiry: Top 20 must knows 3 days ago
- Ten takes jab at Nine over 'Boss' name following legal stoush 3 days ago
- Nine consolidates sales team post-Fairfax merger 3 days ago
- QMS and MediaWorks outline finalised merger plans 3 days ago
- Details emerge of ACCC's crackdown on tech giants 3 days ago
- More effectiveness, less hierarchy: DDB Sydney eyes new era 3 days ago
- Digital growth and renaissance of audio audiences: Radio predictions for 2019 3 days ago
- Ooh!Media completes Adshel rebrand 3 days ago