Piccolo Podcasts develops ad platform for independent creators

Mariam Cheik-Hussein
By Mariam Cheik-Hussein | 22 July 2021
Piccolo Podcasts

Podcast production company Piccolo Podcasts and Media has developed an adtech platform to help independent podcasters monetise their content and connect them with brands.

Podshare, which plans to launch in late 2021, allows brands to connect directly to targeted audiences with host read ads, as well as more native branding formats like unboxings, reviews, and guest interviews.

“As podcasters ourselves, we understand the incredible creativity and hard work that goes into putting a podcast together, and we want podcasters to be rewarded for that.” says Podshare and Piccolo Podcasts founder Andrew Menczel.

"Our platform will make it easy for brands big and small, local and international to find your podcast and sign up to advertise with you."

Podcast creators receive 70% of revenue from ads, with Podshare taking the remaining 30%. Podshare says podcasters have the option to decline any sponsorships they don’t think fits in with their content.

Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at adnews@yaffa.com.au

Sign up to the AdNews newsletter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for breaking stories and campaigns throughout the day.

Read more about these related brands, agencies and people

comments powered by Disqus