GroupM is bringing media, content and brands together to demonstrate its latest moves in the content space and educate advertisers on emotional connections and earned attention through media partnerships,
With top clients invited from across Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker and Essence, NextM explores the future of content advertising and is designed to "inspire ideas, ignite conversations and deliver new concepts".
On September 25 and 26 in Sydney, NextM will see intimate groups of CMOs and marketing leaders journey through seven "Partner Zones" created by Verizon Media, News Corp, Instagram, Seven, LinkedIn, NRL and Cinegame – an exclusive GroupM product in partnership with Val Morgan.
Each partner’s dedicated branded area will offer a bespoke interactive experience to inspire guests on new ways of engaging consumers with storytelling on their platforms.
GroupM digital strategy and investment officer Venessa Hunt says the industry is at an "inflection point" in the evolution of media platforms and technology.
She says consumer behaviours are changing and brands to look for new, "meaningful way" to connect with audiences and convey "the values they represent".
The event has been created by PLAY, WPP AUNZ’s events agency dedicated to creating experiences for brands, businesses and consumers.
Partner Zones for the event include:
- Verizon Media's RYOT Studio will share their secrets, that you can use, to creating best in class branded content campaigns.
- News Corp Australia will showcase new ways that customers can connect their brands with local communities and regional Australia.
- Seven West Media explores the impact of technology on the future of broadcast and publishing and how bridging the gap between content and commerce can create "relevant and meaningful" connections between brands and consumers.
- LinkedIn will demonstrate how B2B brands can win in the content space. Tapping into research findings from Les Binet and Peter Field, clients will hear two of the key principles that can help marketers maximize growth.
- NRL League Stars appeals to the true nature of kids, in all their messy, high energy, love of fun and play. Experience everything this all play, no contact, programme for boys and girls aged 5 - 12 has to offer on and off the field.
- CineGame connects brands with the cinema audience, bringing interactive, social and mobile gaming to the big cinema screen to create branded experiences.
- Broadsheet will bring its Broadsheet Kitchen to life in a special one-night-only iteration, curating a bespoke menu and a short panel featuring special guest/restaurateur Chris Lucas.
“Everything we do at GroupM is to Inspire Excellence. GroupM seeks to offer our clients a better understanding of trends and insights into new ways of working," GroupM ANZ CEO Mark Lollback says.
"NextM will showcase access to innovations and opportunities that can transform their business. We’re thrilled to have partnered with some of the biggest and most influential companies in Australia on this.”
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at email@example.com