We don't ordinarily like to spoil surprises here at AdNews, but nevertheless, the team at Leo Burnett are back, with a track record of 85% accuracy, to predict who is going to be taking home a trophy next week at Cannes Lions.
The list is curated by Leo Burnett Worldwide executive chairman and global chief creative officer, Mark Tutssel. Tutssel will return as a Cannes Lions jury president for the fifth time this year, presiding over the inaugural jury for the newly created Sustainable Development Goals Lions.
Australia's very own Palau Pledge, from Host/Havas, has been tipped to win.
“It’s an exciting year of change at Cannes, with newly simplified award tracks which will allow us to be more focused than ever on recognizing bold creativity,” said Tutssel.
“As the industry shifts beneath our feet, it’s important that we pause to acknowledge the truly innovative ideas and brilliant people who are creating work that drives impactful business results and, in some cases, contributes to the betterment of humankind.”
AdNews compiled our own Australian Cannes predictions last week - you can check out what we think will win here.
See the work Leo Burnett is predicting will take home a gong:
1. P&G Tide “It’s a Tide Ad” // P&G (USA)
2. Nike “Breaking2” // Wieden + Kennedy (Portland USA)
3. Orange Telecom “Now or Never” // FP7/CAI (Cairo, Egypt)
4. KFC “FCK” // Mother (London, UK)
5. Palau Legacy Project “Palau Pledge” // Host/Havas (Sydney, Australia)
6. National Safety Council “Prescribed to Death” // Energy BBDO (Chicago, USA)
7. EDEKA “The Most German Supermarket” // Jung von Matt (Hamburg, Germany)
8. Downtown Records “Live Looper” // BBDO (New York, USA)
9. Audi “Clowns” // Audi (UK)
10. The Times “JFK - Unsilenced” // Rothco - Accenture Interactive (Dublin, Ireland)
11. Mars Wrigley Confectionary - Skittles “Exclusive the Rainbow” // DDB (Chicago, USA)
12. Cadbury “Mum’s Birthday” // VCCP (London, UK)
13. IKEA “The Human Catalogue” // IKEA (Singapore, Singapore)
14. Snaptivity “Snaptivity App” // R/GA (London, UK)
15. Apple HomePod “Welcome Home” // TBWA/Media Arts Lab (Los Angeles, USA)
16. Burger King “Scary Clown Night” // LOLA MullenLowe (Madrid, Spain)
17. LADBible & Plastic Oceans “Trash Isles” // AMV BBDO (London, UK)
18. Mars NZ - Pedigree “Pedigree SelfieSTIX” // Colenso BBDO (Auckland, New Zealand)
19. P&G “The Talk” // BBDO (New York, USA)
20. Nike “Nothing Beats a Londoner” // Wieden + Kennedy (London, UK)
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at email@example.com