Outdoor media group QMS reported a 65% rise to $16.5 million in first half net profit after tax.
Revenue was up 23% to $128.9 million. The company declared a fully franked interim dividend of 1.2 cents a share.
CEO Barclay Nettlefold says the results are extremely pleasing in a challenging media landscape.
"Our unique diversification strategy, by both category and geography, provides us with a clear point of differentiation from our competitors," he says
“Our singular focus on quality digital assets and a market first approach to audience data and insights, delivers value for advertisers and this is reflected in our Australian and New Zealand results."
QMS expects second half media revenue to be 15% to 20% up on the same time last year.
The focus for the company is landmark digital billboards, supported by proprietary data and insights.
- Revenue up 23% to $128.9 million (up 24% to $130.5 million pre AASB 16).
- Gross profit up 85% to $90.5 million (up 45% to $70.9 million pre AASB 16).
- Gross profit margin of 70% (54% pre AASB 16).
- Underlying EBITDA up 144% to $56.4 million (up 47% to $33.9 million pre AASB 16).
- NPATA up 41% to $21.9 million (up 31% to $20.3 million pre AASB 16).
- NPAT up 65% $16.5 million (up 49% to $14.9 million pre AASB 16).
- Net Debt / Underlying EBITDA of 2.7x, down from 3.3x1
- Interim dividend declared of 1.2 cents per share, fully franked.
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at email@example.com