AdNews' coveted Emerging Leaders list has re-opened for 2019 entries, with a full list of the chosen 20 to be published in our September print edition and online.
Returning for a second year, the initiative will showcase the future leaders of the advertising, media and adtech industries.
All 20 chosen for the final list will go into the running for the Emerging Leader award at next year's AdNews Agency of the Year Awards which will take place in the first half of 2020.
If you think you have the talent, knowledge and leadership skills to stand out from the crowd and are a cut above the rest, you need to make this sought-after list.
The submission for the nominee must come from someone more senior to them in their company. The nominee must have at least seven years' experience in the industry.
The final list, released in the September print edition of AdNews, will showcase the best of the best that truly represent the next generation leaders.
It will be selected by a panel of those working in HR, people and culture.
Last year's winner was Michaela Futcher at the Royals.
Last year the the talent pitched to us through this process was phenomenal, with three of the list also appearing on stage at AdNews’ Lessons in Leadership event (below).
Initiative communications design director John Dawson, Initiative head of brand experience Olivia Warren and Match & Wood communications director Michael Wretham shared their recommendations for CEOs looking to attract great young talent.
Michael Wretham, Olivia Warren, John Dawson and moderator, MediaCom's Gemma Hunter
Not only is AdNews proud to shine a light on the next wave of leaders coming through the industry, but also credit is due to the companies they work for who have developed training schemes, mentorship programs and opportunities to develop these incredible people. As per reader request, we have opened entries early this year.
Nominations close Friday 19th July. NOMINATE HERE
- The submission for the nominee must come from someone more senior to them in their company (ie: the person they report to)
- They must have a minimum of seven years in the advertising/media/marketing world (provide resume and LinkedIn profile link to support this)
- They are not currently working in a C-suite or managing director role
Must answer the following questions with no more than 100 words each:
- Example of when the nominee overcame a challenge, and the solution they adopted in order to do so.
- Signs the nominee displays that reveals they are an Emerging Leader
- Why do you (the person who made this submission) think the nominee deserves to be listed as an Emerging Leader?
This year we have included a nominal entry fee of $75.00 per nominee.
Nominations close Friday 19th July.
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org