Here's all the reasons you'll need to attend this year's AdNews Media + Marketing Summit, Sydney which takes place on May 4 at The Eternity Playhouse, Darlinghurst Theatre, Darlinghurst.
1. All of the cricket. So much cricket. In the wake of so many stories, scandals and coups, we have the Cricket Australia head of female engagement, Sarah Styles, speaking about how she markets the game to women – for participation, and as an audience. Her job may have got a little tougher lately. We reckon she might touch on that.
2. It's time to talk addressability. Already some 10 years in the making, media agency bosses predict that 2018 will be the year of addressability – and given M+MS falls half way through the year, this session is primed to deliver some of the first results from the market’s early forays into the new media environment.
3. Jules Lund. The charismatic and engaging founder of TRIBE will be on stage, delving into a vision where consumers will be able to supply the creative for multi-channel brand campaigns by simply pulling their devices from their pockets – and with the help of our audience.
4. McDonald's and its long-standing Australian agency DDB will take to the stage in an exclusive session entitled ‘Making the Marriage of Client and Agency Work’.
5. AI experts will be in the building to talk AI - Aussie company Daisee, Ipsos and Red-Sky.io.
6. We answer that nagging question, WTF is blockchain and why media should care? Carat chief digital officer Sarah James and head of innovation Robert Tilt will present a session deep diving into the mechanics of blockchain, and how it is expected to impact the advertising business in coming months and years.
7. The networking of course! While often forgotten, the networking and connections you can make at the Summit could potentially provide you with more than just an idle conversation to have during breaks. It could lead to opportunities for your agency, brand or yourself.
8. Education. You're never too old to keep learning, pivoting and becoming more informed and the Media +Marketing Summit is cramming in a whole lot of vital learnings in one day. How does that old saying go? “The day you stop learning is the day you die.”
9. US. Not to toot our own horn but the AdNews team will be on deck, touting a new team of leaders, including our new editor and associate publisher. So, come say hi, tell us what you think is important in the industry, what we should try to cover and just generally what you think we can do better.
10. It's a day out of the office! Never forget the simple pleasures, in this case being out of the office and engaging with some seriously great content, people and sessions.
11. …...oh wait, we have to stop there, to tell you anymore would be giving away too much. The only way you'll know more is by jumping on over to our tickets page and GET INVOLVED.
We are also pleased to be hosting our AdNews Upfronts for the first time, where partners ThinkTV, ARN, NewsMediaWorks and Amobee will deliver quickfire agnostic presentations on where they expect their part of the industry to head in the next 12-18 months.
Carat is our presenting partner for a second year in a row. We would also like to thank our ongoing partners Tonic, REA, Amobee, ARN, News Media Works and Think TV.
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org