AdNews' Agency of the Year 2019 is an entirely revitalised beast.
The format is different - no longer an evening affair around circular tables of 10 - it's now a leader's long lunch (free invite-only for senior leaders only), an exhibition of the finalists' work and an evening party at an entry-level price point (only $139 per ticket!).
Sponsorships are different too - we aren't asking companies to plaster their branding on our much-loved show, we're asking our partners to develop activations to help bring our celebration to life. We're delighted that Snapchat are our platinum sponsor this year and we are working closely with their events team to deliver something very special.
But what probably matters to you right now is the categories - what they are; how they've changed - and what the entry criterias are. Deadline for entries is Feb 1 2019.
This year we are running 20 entered categories, significantly less than we have done in previous years.
New categories are as follows:
1. Creative Agency of the Year - as it says on the tin.
2. Digital Transformation Award - this will highlight the one organisation (with the assistance of its agency) that has successfully embarked on a digital transformation journey that has affected every touchpoint of their business that interacts with customers.
3. Brand Integration Award - this category awards work that goes beyond advertising. It's where a brand has developed a fully-integrated partnership with a media owner/publisher to embed its campaign across multiple touchpoints in unique and original ways.
4. Emerging Leader of the Year - last September we published our inaugural Top 30 Emerging Leaders in adland list. We are asking everyone across our business to think about who should be entered for this one special award that will be presented at our evening party.
Elsewhere, we have changed the name of two of our categories: People & Culture becomes "Employer of the Year" - and the criteria has a much wider remit - and the Pro Bono award becomes "Social Responsibility" that aims to demonstrate the power of one campaign to make a social impact.
The full list of categories reads as follows:
a) The AdNews Effectiveness Award
b) Employer of the Year
c) Ad of the Year
d) Independent Agency of the Year
e) Small Agency of the Year (Independent)
f) Small Agency of the Year (Network)
g) Media Agency of the Year
h) PR Agency of the Year
i) Content Agency / Division of the Year
j) Production Company of the Year
k)Creative Agency of the Year
l) Media Campaign of the Year
m) Digital Campaign of the Year
n) Best Use of Data
o) Digital Transformation Award
p) Brand Integration Award
q) Branded Content Award
r) Social Responsibility Award
s) Emerging Leader of the Year
t) Small Budget Media Campaign of the Year (Under $250,000)
Agency of the Year and Hall of Fame are selected internally by AdNews and a consortium of advisors.
The entry criteria for every award has been significantly tightened and there are several instances where we ask you to submit more corroborating information from your CEOs/MDs and clients. This is to ensure that our awards maintain integrity every step of the way.
Download the entry kit and criteria here.
AdNews Agency of the Year takes place on April 5th at Town Hall, Sydney. More information on the event can be found here.
- Exhibition & After Party – General admission $139.00 excl GST
- Exhibition & After Party - Groups of 10-19 $134.00 excl GST
- Exhibition & After Party - Groups of 20+ $129.00 excl GST
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org