The Australian Magazine Awards look to celebrate the best of the best in magazine world – but it's not just print. Just as the industry has evolved, so have the awards. There's one day left to enter the awards. You can find more details here, or contact event organiser Two de Force.
This year, the format dramatically changed to reflect the ever-changing magazine landscape. Previously there were several categories that didn't require entries, the winners were instead decided from the broader market based on circulation growth, readership, advertising volume, front cover, editorial content and design. Magazine brands will also be recognised for their online presence, mobile, social and events.
There are 21 categories open for entires – with no magazines getting through without entering - reflecting the diversity of the industry - including five new ones.
The new categories are: Magazine Brand of the Year, Sales Team of the Year, Marketing Campaign of the Year - Business Publications, Marketing Campaign of the Year - Consumer Publications and Native Campaign of the Year - Consumer Publications. The full list is below.
Last year, Jackie Frank was inducted into the Hall of Fame. She spoke about the need for the publishing industry to stop devaluing itself to advertisers with discounting
. Watch her speech here.
Watch the highlights from last year's event.
The full list of award categories are:
- Magazine Brand of the Year - NEW
- Magazine App of the Year
- Custom Magazine of the Year
- Editor of the Year
- Event of the Year
- Cover of the Year
- Launch of the Year
- Website of the Year
- Sales Team of the Year - NEW
- Marketing Campaign of the Year - Business Publications - NEW
- Marketing Campaign of the Year - Consumer Publications - NEW
- Native Campaign of the Year - Consumer Publications - NEW
- Fashion Magazine of the Year
- Food & Entertainment Magazine of the Year
- General Interest Magazine of the Year
- Health & Family Magazine of the Year
- Home & Garden Magazine of the Year
- Motoring & Men's Magazine of the Year
- Niche Magazine of the Year (under 20,000 ABC)
- Women's Magazine of the Year
- Newspaper Inserted Magazine of the Year
Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at email@example.com