MCN begins dynamic trading across Network Ten

Arvind Hickman
By Arvind Hickman | 13 February 2017

Multi Channel Network (MCN) has begun offering advertisers dynamic trading across Network Ten programming.

Ten moved to MCN's Landmark system last May and trialled dynamic trading of Network Ten channels late last year.
MCN will roll-out dynamic trading with selected partners over the course of 2017.

Dynamic trading allows advertisers to trade audiences across multiple channels rather than just spots. Last year, MCN smashed a target to dynamically trade 60% of Foxtel ad campaigns. The other 40% of trading comprises a mixture of high-end premium brand partnerships, such as sponsorships of integration, and highly-targeted premium spot buys against certain shows.

“Our proven model combined with Network Ten’s continual audience growth momentum and highly anticipated programming suite for 2017 creates more effective and efficient campaigns for advertisers. It’s an important shift for Network Ten, but more so for the Australian television industry as a whole,” MCN chief sales and marketing officer Mark Frain says.

Frain previously told AdNews 95% of campaigns traded dynamically deliver audiences within a +/- 5% tolerance.

It means advertisers can run campaigns with greater certainty, flexibility and efficiency, Ten's director of revenue and client partnerships Rod Prosser says.

“As audiences continue to grow across our portfolio, through our MCN partnership, we are able to offer advertisers better integrations and greater engagement,” he adds.

Media buyers have welcomed the move. Carat Sydney’s head of implementation and investment operations Louise Romeo says MCN's dynamic trading model allows buyers to effectively target consumers and removes the volatility around audience performance for TV shows that do not perform in line with expectations.

“In collaboration with MCN, we were able to test automation beyond STV and onto Network Ten for a number of our clients and there have been positive results on campaign delivery,” Romeo says.

MEC managing director Royce Zygarlicki says using the model across Foxtel channels has reduced the instances of campaign under-deliveries.

“As consumption of video content continues to fragment, networks and agencies alike remain under pressure to address linear TV audience declines,” Zygarlicki says.

“Taking advantage of alternatives to the traditional fixed spot buying model helps MEC to alleviate these pressures and deliver consistency in a volatile market.”

Commercial TV networks Nine and Seven are also rolling out their own dynamic trading models this year.

Have something to say on this? Share your views in the comments section below. Or if you have a news story or tip-off, drop us a line at adnews@yaffa.com.au

Sign up to the AdNews newsletter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for breaking stories and campaigns throughout the day.

Read more about these related brands, agencies and people

comments powered by Disqus